'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Dance Thread  (Read 104046 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: NCAA Dance Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2022, 09:36:19 PM »
Ok looking at that television schedule, it shows the games in Milwaukee as 1 and 3:30 pm. Then the evening at 6:20 and 8:50. But presumably the 3:30 game wouldn’t end until 5:30 - how can you clear the arena and readmit people in less than an hour? Am I reading that right?
I feel like I must be missing something somewhere.

You are reading it correctly. Happens alot on west coast sites for years. It's been more common with the CBS/Turner partnership as the start times in four sites don't start all at once in day sessions no longer.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2022, 10:06:23 PM »
Gosh I miss the 11-11:30 starts, with the nice gap in between.
Perhaps we will opt to sell the evening session, that would pay for the other tickets. We have decisions to make.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2022, 10:46:32 PM »
Don't know about the arena (apparently brand new) but Fort Worth is the 13 largest city in America.

DFW is the fourth largest market in the country with over 7.5 million people.  I live and work right next to Ft. Worth and the city has a much smaller town feel than many of the large cities I've visited.  DFW is really spread out, just like everything else in Texas.  The downtown Ft. Worth area has a nice, slow vibe to it.  It's nowhere near the hustle and bustle of Dallas.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2022, 12:49:24 AM »
I don’t think they can beat Kansas or Auburn should they get that far, so if you’re a hater, I wouldn’t worry. 

Everyone makes a big deal out of playing in Milwaukee but they lost there in 2004 against Pitt
with that draw, RED goin’ Elite 8. Dang! Milwaukee will be a sea of red…Playing on our court? Dang! Likely have to pull for Kansas & the cheaters to beat them? Dang!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2022, 01:00:04 AM »
I don't know about others, but I'm not upset at all about Wisconsin getting Milwaukee. Anybody with half a brain expected it. I hate to admit it, but Madison earned it. I do think they got a relatively easy draw, but who knows.

I was less thrilled that South Carolina, a 7-seed, got to play us in South Carolina a few years back.
if you lived here (Mke), you’d understand. Its an insufferable fan base. Rocking Fiserv in RED. A legit shot at a 4th Final4 since ‘00. UW alums I know have hammered me this evening with texts.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2022, 08:38:08 AM »
if you lived here (Mke), you’d understand. Its an insufferable fan base. Rocking Fiserv in RED. A legit shot at a 4th Final4 since ‘00. UW alums I know have hammered me this evening with texts.

The Walmart Badgers are insufferable. The actual alumni I've never had a problem with.

Regardless, I sure hope Rico is right. Them making another deep run would be rough to sit through here.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »
Did you suffer a recent head injury?

Why the name calling? Our NET ranks are similar with X:41 MU:43, we split the season, Quad 1 record similar with MU 5-7 and X 5-8. Over all records MU 19-12 and X 18-13. If they beat Butler the records would be identical. The committee could have easily picked X over MU while picking Rutgers, Indiana and ND. All I am saying is that the metrics don't mean much as to who is in or out. Indiana and Notre Dame have more name recognition which is why I believe they got in.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2022, 09:04:55 AM »
The Walmart Badgers are insufferable. The actual alumni I've never had a problem with.

Regardless, I sure hope Rico is right. Them making another deep run would be rough to sit through here.

Walmart Badger fans are the loudest and worst.  The responses one gets when asking what year they graduated are always fun.

Johnny Davis is the difference maker but they’re not a good shooting team, even with him at 100%.  The defense isn’t that great either.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2022, 09:11:59 AM »
I'm not sure why everyone is saying Wisconsin got a great draw.  Geography wise, sure it was a dream.

But based on KenPom rankings, Colgate is the toughest 14 seed.  They're a great 3 point shooting team.  If they get hot, anything can happen.

LSU is the 2nd highest 6 seed in KenPom.  Sure, the coach just got fired.  Could be a huge distraction or it could be a galvanizing event that makes them play with a huge chip on their shoulder.   And LSU has an absolutely filthy defense.  I expect a low scoring rock fight.

Then you have Auburn.  Jabari Smith is one of the most dynamic scorers in college  and Walker Kessler is an elite rim protector.  I think they are a much tougher 2 seed than Duke and Villanova.

And Kansas has a very favorable draw in the top of the bracket.  They have a great chance to make the regional final.

Sure, Wisconsin could go on a run but they could just as easily in any round.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2022, 09:12:29 AM »

I think Wisconsin is going to be back to the Final Four.  They get 2 home games against not great teams. Then a regional in Chicago.  It is going to be another brutal run to sit through.

As far as Marquette. If they beat UNC there is a real path to the Elite 8.  Baylor is injured and only about 6 or 7 deep right now and we've already seen UCLA.  Getting that 1st win since 2013 is the toughest one, but if they can get the 1st it's a realistic path.
VIOLENCE!

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »
Relax, Bucky won’t make it past auburn.

Being in COLE, one must also have to believe the Badgers are unbeatable. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:18:03 AM by PointWarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2022, 09:16:33 AM »

I don't need to live there to understand. All I said is that anybody with half a brain expected it to happen, so getting upset about it is silly.

I look forward to them losing to LSU, if not Colgate.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2022, 09:17:37 AM »
BTW, Kansas fans will take over Chicago.  Don't assume a Badger home game in the regional final.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2022, 09:49:43 AM »
I am looking forward to MU playing on Thursday. It has been a long drought and extremely happy the guys are in the tournament.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2022, 10:01:11 AM »
As far as Marquette. If they beat UNC there is a real path to the Elite 8.  Baylor is injured and only about 6 or 7 deep right now and we've already seen UCLA.  Getting that 1st win since 2013 is the toughest one, but if they can get the 1st it's a realistic path.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I think anyone that picks against Baylor this weekend is dumb.  They've still been pretty lethal without Cryer.

But, lets take care of UNC and test that theory!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2022, 10:19:01 AM »
I stole this from Twitter, so not sure if the numbers are correct, but seems to add up.

Since Marquette's last win in the NCAA Tournament (2013), UNC has won 17 NCAA Tournament games including a Championship.

Shaka Smart also has not won an NCAA Tournament Game since '14-'15 with VCU. Both Marquette and Shaka looking to end droughts.
VIOLENCE!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2022, 10:22:21 AM »
I don't need to live there to understand. All I said is that anybody with half a brain expected it to happen, so getting upset about it is silly.

I look forward to them losing to LSU, if not Colgate.
Marquette over UNC; Colgate over RED. Perfection!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2022, 10:24:37 AM »
I stole this from Twitter, so not sure if the numbers are correct, but seems to add up.

Since Marquette's last win in the NCAA Tournament (2013), UNC has won 17 NCAA Tournament games including a Championship.

Shaka Smart also has not won an NCAA Tournament Game since '14-'15 with VCU. Both Marquette and Shaka looking to end droughts.

Shaka hasn't won since 12-13 (Marquette and Shaka share the same win drought).  17 wins checks out for UNC since 13-14.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2022, 10:35:17 AM »
I am looking forward to MU playing on Thursday. It has been a long drought and extremely happy the guys are in the tournament.

Same Goose. The matchup scares me a bit at least on a brand level (meaning, perhaps I am putting too much stock in them just based on name). If you'd have asked me at the end of January I would have loved this matchup given the play at the time by both teams. Today I am less sure. But I definitely agree that I am extremely happy the team is in the tournament and look forward to seeing them leave it all out there in the end.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2022, 10:41:03 AM »
Well, if history is any indication Marquette is going to a final four this year.

Potential elite eight matchup with a heavily favorite Kentucky with the final four being in New Orleans?

Start packing your bags fellas.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »

A one-year drought.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2022, 10:48:36 AM »
Walmart Badger fans are the loudest and worst.  The responses one gets when asking what year they graduated are always fun.

Johnny Davis is the difference maker but they’re not a good shooting team, even with him at 100%.  The defense isn’t that great either.

They'll be underdogs vs. LSU if LSU advances. But they'll walk to the S16 if ISU can get past LSU.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »
Shaka hasn't won since 12-13 (Marquette and Shaka share the same win drought).  17 wins checks out for UNC since 13-14.

According to VCU Basketball Reference page, Shaka went to 5 straight tournaments with VCU and never lost a 1st round game.  It says lost in 2nd round in '14-'15.
VIOLENCE!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2022, 11:14:39 AM »
There was a period of time where the r64 was called the second round because the Dayton games were called the first round. Only lasted for a few years because it was confusing. Don’t know if that is causing the confusion in this discussion.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2022, 11:16:28 AM »
There was a period of time where the r64 was called the second round because the Dayton games were called the first round. Only lasted for a few years because it was confusing. Don’t know if that is causing the confusion in this discussion.

Looks like that's it.  Thanks!

What a stupid thing to do. Glad they changed that haha
VIOLENCE!

feedback