'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mack to Louisville?  (Read 58042 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Mack to Louisville?
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
Shady. You gotta be ten toes in the boat thinkin' nothing but title at that point in the season with the position they were in.

Pretty ugly if true. 

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2018, 08:20:06 PM »
Chris's wife is from Louisville. He is offered at least a million more and likely guaranteed.  We would all take the offer. I have known Chris since he had red hair and wore blue cutoff sweatpants every day. He loves Xavier; he has a ton of integrity. Xavier is not immune from the NCAA scandal from the sins of the past........ Pat Kelsey would be a great coach.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:29:37 PM by Knight Commission »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »
The X board is saying that Mack met with Lville in NYC during the BE tournament.

They're also saying that Mack left for $1M more (not $2.3M)
That’s pretty messed up
No Finish Line

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
The X board is saying that Mack met with Lville in NYC during the BE tournament.

They're also saying that Mack left for $1M more (not $2.3M)

I seriously doubt that happened.  His agent could have talked with their AD, but I really doubt that Mack would have ever put himself in that position. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

I seriously doubt that happened.  His agent could have talked with their AD, but I really doubt that Mack would have ever put himself in that position.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WEWA3xQ7pOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WEWA3xQ7pOA</a>

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
For a college basketball coach Louisville is the the Holy Grail. They are in the ACC. They are a four year community college. They care way more about sports than academics. They will spend crazy money to win and break any rules to win. They have not won a championship in 30 plus years and are desperate to compete with UK's success.

UofL is a top 5 job for any coach. Can't blame Mack. Will he have the chance to go the NCAA in the next 5 years? Doubt it, but he is going to get very rich and 99% of coaches would have taken the job if offered.   

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2018, 09:29:55 PM »
White trash - “haven’t won a championship in 30 years?”

They beat Michigan a few years ago for a title with pitino.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2018, 09:31:38 PM »
White trash - 30 years? they beat Michigan a few years ago for a title with pitino.

Show me the banner and the trophy.

Crean 2 IU = Mack 2 Louisville.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »
Show me the banner and the trophy.

::)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
why would Xavier go after Moser?  Before this season his career record at LUC was 89-105 and after this season his conference record is 48-76. A major program like X doesn't take a mid-major coach who caught lightning in a bottle for one season after years of mediocrity.

You totally missed my point.  I wasn't saying Moser was going to Xavier, that was being said by the poster I was replying to.  My point was that if somehow Moser got the Xavier job, Custer wouldn't likely be MU bound, he much more likely follow Moser to Xavier.

Argue against that if you want.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2018, 09:53:54 PM »
In my uninformed opinion, "Follow the "Book"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
His family's future should be totally taken care of - in a very comfortable fashion - after a couple of years at that salary level. He has been at X for 9 years already, and after this season he'd have at least 5 more barring a major scandal.

At this point, it isn't about his family's security or future. It's about the ego boost of having a bigger number.

I don't understand your point. Would you say the same thing when an exec moves to a larger corporation for more money> Just an ego trip for them too?

Many, many people work at a job and give the best they have with the plan of moving on to bigger and better things. That is human nature. It happens all the time in thousands of companies.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2018, 10:17:29 PM »
First causality of the coaching change. Talented Ivy League transfer Evan Bourdreaux is reopening his recruitment.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2018, 10:19:26 PM »
You totally missed my point.  I wasn't saying Moser was going to Xavier, that was being said by the poster I was replying to.  My point was that if somehow Moser got the Xavier job, Custer wouldn't likely be MU bound, he much more likely follow Moser to Xavier.

Sadly, I agree. He could probably bring Custer and Townes with him if he went there. Pair them with Gates/Marshall/Goodin/Jones/Scruggs and eff me they'd be really good right away

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2018, 11:00:20 PM »
I don't understand your point. Would you say the same thing when an exec moves to a larger corporation for more money> Just an ego trip for them too?

Many, many people work at a job and give the best they have with the plan of moving on to bigger and better things. That is human nature. It happens all the time in thousands of companies.

I was responding to a specific post that stated that he did this for his family’s financial security. Did you read that post? My very clear response was that this had nothing to do with financial security. Simple.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2018, 11:01:28 PM »
Chris's wife is from Louisville. He is offered at least a million more and likely guaranteed.  We would all take the offer. I have known Chris since he had red hair and wore blue cutoff sweatpants every day. He loves Xavier; he has a ton of integrity. Xavier is not immune from the NCAA scandal from the sins of the past........ Pat Kelsey would be a great coach.

Cincy to Louisville is 99 miles.  1.5 hours.  If his old lady missed ma and pa so much, its just a quick hop in the Lexus across the river.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »

No we would not all take that offer.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
We go nuts all day on social media saying we’re the the best basketball conference in the nation.  We say it over and over. 

Jay Wright stands up and agrees and then walks the walk.

I’d we want this to be true, other schools need to live up.

Back to back summers where the Big Ten & ACC reminded us we’re stepping stones. 

We didn’t lose coaches to Kentucky or Duke but Ohio State & Louisville.   That’s an issue.  It’s saying that to win you need to be at a craptier school with football.  That EVERYTHING the Big East is against. 

To believe this best conference propaganda I need to either see 3 S16 teams or a coach stand up and say no thanks.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2018, 11:19:16 PM »
For a college basketball coach Louisville is the the Holy Grail. They are in the ACC. They are a four year community college. They care way more about sports than academics. They will spend crazy money to win and break any rules to win. They have not won a championship in 30 plus years and are desperate to compete with UK's success.

UofL is a top 5 job for any coach. Can't blame Mack. Will he have the chance to go the NCAA in the next 5 years? Doubt it, but he is going to get very rich and 99% of coaches would have taken the job if offered.   

What doth it profit a (program) to gain the whole world, yet lose (its) soul in the process?

O wait, Louisville has cheated badly for a long, long, time. As Trent Reznor sang, "Got no soul to sell."

Their whole existence is flawed.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
I was responding to a specific post that stated that he did this for his family’s financial security. Did you read that post? My very clear response was that this had nothing to do with financial security. Simple.

Maybe he did it for Latrell Sprewell's family!

Seriously though ...

ESPN is reporting it's $4M per year, and they probably got the figure from Mack's agent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2018, 11:52:15 PM »
Maybe he did it for Latrell Sprewell's family!

Seriously though ...

ESPN is reporting it's $4M per year, and they probably got the figure from Mack's agent.

That's fine. He has the right to be as greedy as he wants. Seriously.

I just get irritated at the ridiculous comments like "he did it for security" (when he had one of the most secure jobs in sports), or "we would all take that offer" (when some of us would not). That's all.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2018, 12:00:17 AM »
We go nuts all day on social media saying we’re the the best basketball conference in the nation.  We say it over and over. 

We didn’t lose coaches to Kentucky or Duke but Ohio State & Louisville.   That’s an issue.  It’s saying that to win you need to be at a craptier school with football.  That EVERYTHING the Big East is against. 

To believe this best conference propaganda I need to either see 3 S16 teams or a coach stand up and say no thanks.   

Can you face reality plz? can we all? The big east is NOT the best b ball conference and my god I cringe at every big east commercial where they say it’s the best one. Ohio st is a MASSIVE sports program with 100s of thounsads of fans and tons of media attention etc etc. Butler is what?.. a small private school with a small arena and not much else. butler will not bring in huge recruits Ohio st can. Must I go on? It’s just reality here. Can’t blame these coaches for leaving for these types of big time schools. The big east can certainly be a top 3 or 4 conference that has respect and can bring in some top talent but plz it’s never going to be the ACC or the big ten. There are just to many massive sports programs etc

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »
That's fine. He has the right to be as greedy as he wants. Seriously.

I just get irritated at the ridiculous comments like "he did it for security" (when he had one of the most secure jobs in sports), or "we would all take that offer" (when some of us would not). That's all.

Please. It is real easy for someone who is not offered the money to say that they would not take it. Why is it greedy? He is taking what he is offered. It happens all the time. Capitalism.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2018, 12:22:11 AM »

I would argue that we're the best basketball only conference, but 2nd to 3rd best at basketball.

By pretty much any measure the Ohio State and Louisville jobs are better jobs than X or Butler. I would consider Ohio State a top 20 job and Louisville a top 10. It's not a problem to lose coaches to those jobs.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2018, 12:37:59 AM »

I find it amusing that not only is that your method of backtracking, but you’ve already committed a kid who is still playing as a transfer to MU.

Can’t wait for your take on Marvin Bagley to MU. He hasn’t declared for the draft yet!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback