[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Welcome to MU Jamal Cain!  (Read 37261 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Welcome to MU Jamal Cain!
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2016, 12:06:38 AM »
Excited about the commit. People here have to chill. Wojo is looking to be a great recruiter. The missing ingredient (that everyone wants) is the W's. The guy is pulling in talent while losing. If the guy can develop players, we should have some fun watching at least for a few years.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »
It's not.  As usual Tex is talking out of his butt. That is NOT what the poster said.

Go and find what the poster actually said. I thought he said Wojo told him we were going to sign all four. If that is not what the poster said I will happily eat crow.

I have seen Lewis play last year, was not overly impressed, very skinny but he obviously came a long way this summer.  Cain looks bigger and a little stronger.  Did
anybody see both this summer and thoughts?  On tape, Cain looks really good.

I hope Cain and Eke are friends with X, they should take a ride over to his house and do some extra recruiting.  I am sure Wojo and crew might fly there before
there visit next weekend.  At least, he did not commit to MSU yet. 

If X or French commit, what are your thoughts on Eke red-shirting for a year.  13 kids in todays world, has to be hard to keep the kids all happy.  I know it is what it
is, but I think 12 is a perfect number and nowadays as you can pick up another player in spring.

I was the one who talked to Wojo, and yes he was very confident he was going to sign all 4,  very confident.  Out recruited Michigan, that is for sure.  Love to out recruit Izzo.   I will then say, yes, Wojo, can recruit.  I know these kids are not in the top 20 in the country, but solid Top 100 kids and that is how you build your program.   One step at a time.  Next is getting into the NCAA tournament.  Once he does that, then MU might have a chance for a higher ranked kid outside of Wisconsin.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »
I haven't seen an analysis yet as how Wojo's recruiting is stacking up against the other nine teams in the conference.  Is MU rising faster than its conference competitors?  At the end of the day, those are the only teams MU needs to concerned about.

Look at last year's conference results to the left, which of those teams has MU moved past going into this season?

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
Not sure any, but the difference between a good Big East season and last is two more victories.  It can happen.  Providence and Butler may not be better, Creighton
not sure.  Hall, Villy and X might be another 6 losses.  Need 1 or hoping 2 from that group.  It will be interesting.  I think the team can get to 10 victories, if Luke plays
to his potential, whatever that is.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2016, 11:49:25 AM »
Jamal demonstrates a wide variety of skills. I like that about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3abFWPI_28

His body control is something that just cannot be taught.

I hope he can do that here. We shall see.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
I haven't seen an analysis yet as how Wojo's recruiting is stacking up against the other nine teams in the conference.  Is MU rising faster than its conference competitors?  At the end of the day, those are the only teams MU needs to concerned about.

Look at last year's conference results to the left, which of those teams has MU moved past going into this season?

In terms of recruiting class rankings, Wojo's first two classes were the best in the Big East.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »
In terms of recruiting class rankings, Wojo's first two classes were the best in the Big East.

When I read posts that are not impressed with Wojo’s  recruiting current record, I think of Rodney Dangerfield’s Mother-in Law story.

He wanted to impress her as she had never seen the Ocean, and he said “ Take a look at that Ma ”…..she looks at him and said   “it’s  not as big as I though.”
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »

And that was good for 9th and 7th place.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Not sure any, but the difference between a good Big East season and last is two more victories.  It can happen.  Providence and Butler may not be better, Creighton
not sure.  Hall, Villy and X might be another 6 losses.  Need 1 or hoping 2 from that group.  It will be interesting.  I think the team can get to 10 victories, if Luke plays

So we got a real good shot at 5th place then?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »

Progress!  By this rate we will win the BE by 2019!!!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »

I would say that was more due to the preceding two classes/departures. I'm optimistic about Wojo's first two classes when they are upperclassmen.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »

Well, his first class was good for 7th place. His 2nd class hasn't played a game yet.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2016, 01:30:27 PM »
Need the it's happening GIF else not official

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »

Better: Creighton, Georgetown, Marquette, and St. Johns
About the Same: Butler, Seton Hall, Villanova, and Xavier
Worse: Providence and Depaul

Translation: BE is gonna be a clusterfock with Depaul chilling in the basement
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »

I'd happily take a 5th place finish in the Big East this season (2016-17). If history is any indication, that equals an at-large bid to the Bigi Dance.

Honestly, we may not be that far off. We were 8-10 in conference last year. If MU can: 1) get a couple good non-conference wins; 2) avoid losing to teams like Belmont; and 3) win one or two more Big East games (DePaul would be a great start), we're probably in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:02:29 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »

That may be optimistic; unless they show otherwise on the court rather on potential.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »
This is depressing.

We had a nice recruit tell us he was coming our way today.

Instead of celebrating, we're complaining that Wojo isn't Al, or at least Coach K and our recruits aren't Bo Ellis, David Boone, Jerel McNeill and Maurice Lucas rolled into one.

Look, the kid is a four star recruit. We're getting talent that, if we're not an elite team, we'll help get us there soon.

I want to see what Coach Wojo does with what he has, but c'mon guys. Wait until next week sometime to urinate on this parade? OK?

His video looks good. I guess what were all wondering is if all his talents on display in high school will translate to play here at MU. So far the players that Nova, Butler, X, the Hall have been getting are better than ours on the court. Once that changes I'll be convinced. My expectations for this season are not high as I still don't see the athleticism to compete on the boards or the perimeter shooting will need to keep the opposing defense from zoning us all the  time. I hope I am wrong. I don't think will really know for another 2 seasons.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:36:24 PM by muwarrior69 »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
My expectations for this season are not high as I still don't see the athleticism to compete on the boards or the perimeter shooting will need to keep the opposing defense from zoning us all the  time.

Uh...shooting?...let me introduce you to Rowsey, Reinhardt, Hauser and Howard...all excellent shooters...plus Johnson, Cheatham, Cohen and Wilson are all respectable...so shooting won't be a problem.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2016, 04:28:09 PM »
Uh...shooting?...let me introduce you to Rowsey, Reinhardt, Hauser and Howard...all excellent shooters...plus Johnson, Cheatham, Cohen and Wilson are all respectable...so shooting won't be a problem.

Lights of the gym--meet our roster.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
Hauser and Howard both need *'s by their names or a separate category of 'excellent potential'.   i'm sure they are going to fine but let's let them get into the BE season before we say they are 'excellent'.  after all, aren't we still waiting for Henry's excellent 3pt shooting?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2016, 04:47:53 PM »
Hauser and Howard both need *'s by their names or a separate category of 'excellent potential'.   i'm sure they are going to fine but let's let them get into the BE season before we say they are 'excellent'.  after all, aren't we still waiting for Henry's excellent 3pt shooting?

Hauser is great at setting his feet, catching the ball squared up to the basket and has a lightning quick release.  Very similar to Novak at the same stage.  Yes, I saw both play a bit in HS.  Not to hype Hauser too much, but I really think he'll be excellent.  As soon as this year.

Howard has a gorgeous release, though I haven't seen as much of him.  I'll agree that we'll need to wait and see.  If Carter and Rowsey play well, Howard could find minutes hard to come by.

Never saw Henry as a great 3 point shooter.  He was a 27% shooter from downtown his senior year and 67% at FT line.  I was actually pleasantly surprised that Henry shot 75% on FT last year.  Sure he could hit 3's but he lacked consistency with his form.  Hauser is a way better shooter.   

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise I appreciate your optimism.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2016, 04:52:37 PM »

Oh pleeeasssee!

We had a group of young kids last year -- mostly freshmen. Coach tried like heck to get experienced "rent a leader" for last year's team in the form of a graduate transfer. We missed. These are the breaks when we're building from scratch without activelyu recruiting Jucos.

I would remind everybody that Al inherited a disaster as well. First year was terrible. Second year was better and subsequent years went just as Wojo has done -- build on previous successes. I'm optimistic we're going to get where we need to get to. This year should be telling and hopefully, we'll get back to the NCAAs.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
So far the players that Nova, Butler, X, the Hall have been getting are better than ours on the court.

I'd challenge that. Wojo has exactly one recruiting class hit the court at this point. 2 members of that class made the all freshman team. One made first team all big east. No other team last year managed that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »
Oh pleeeasssee!

We had a group of young kids last year -- mostly freshmen. Coach tried like heck to get experienced "rent a leader" for last year's team in the form of a graduate transfer. We missed. These are the breaks when we're building from scratch without activelyu recruiting Jucos.

I would remind everybody that Al inherited a disaster as well. First year was terrible. Second year was better and subsequent years went just as Wojo has done -- build on previous successes. I'm optimistic we're going to get where we need to get to. This year should be telling and hopefully, we'll get back to the NCAAs.

Remember back then you had a freshman team, his first big signing was George Thompson, who started the ball rolling and might be the best player ever in an MU
uniform, look at what he did in his three years at MU.  So at best third year.  I do not consider Wojos first year any different than Al's, might have done better, getting
Carlino.  They might have really been bad if he did not show up.  The second year was much better, and if Henry stayed, who knows.  Now adays you have to rebuild
every year if you get one and done kids.  This year, 2 more transfers, had to do it to get some veteran leadership.  Next year, better but you do not know how freshman will perform.  A line-up of:  John, Hauser, Cain, Cheatham and Carter or Howard should be interesting.  If you get Tillman, it will become very interesting. The
following year they would be all back, add a piece, then you have to believe.