[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "The tough team lost tonight."  (Read 3988 times)

Class71

• All American
"The tough team lost tonight."
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »
That quote came from Tom Izzo after his team beat Marquette last night. He also said he loves the Marquette team because of their effort.

This team has real character and deserves our full support. Go Marquette!
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

jsglow

• All American
Re: "The tough team lost tonight."
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
I noticed that Izzo had an extended conversation with Wojo as they shook hands.  Appropriately,  Steve did all the listening.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »
I am a big fan of Izzo. Anybody see him yank and berate one of his guys after he jacked up a 3 when they were up huge in their previous game?

The thing I like about Izzo is I feel like he never acts like its rocket science. His kids are well coached, look like they're having fun out there (which I think is important) and he personally rarely looks like coaching a game is the equivalent of going to the dentist. I hate the term "gets it," but I feel like he does.

By the way, I feel like Marquettes coach is less Coach K and more Izzo. Our kids look like they are enjoying the game much more than they did a year ago.

Nephew

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »
I am a big fan of Izzo. Anybody see him yank and berate one of his guys after he jacked up a 3 when they were up huge in their previous game?

The thing I like about Izzo is I feel like he never acts like its rocket science. His kids are well coached, look like they're having fun out there (which I think is important) and he personally rarely looks like coaching a game is the equivalent of going to the dentist. I hate the term "gets it," but I feel like he does.

By the way, I feel like Marquettes coach is less Coach K and more Izzo. Our kids look like they are enjoying the game much more than they did a year ago.

Spot on.  I'm also a big fan of Izzo.

His teams (usually) play loose but with discipline, which in my opinion is a rare combination.

I see the beginnings of something similar with our squad.
mu_hilltopper (global moderator): "Nephew, people put you on 'ignore' because your post was so over-the-top dumb that people are taking an immediate dislike to you. Sorry."

wadesworld: [Nephew] "must be a recent communications grad"

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
I already posted this in another thread (http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=45456.25)

...and the quote was "The TOUGHER team lost tonight"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
I noticed that Izzo had an extended conversation with Wojo as they shook hands.  Appropriately,  Steve did all the listening.

Just like when Chick has an extended conversation with you....

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:28:53 PM by Atticus »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
For me, bein' at the dentist is a piece of cake compared to coachin' a game, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »

Very well said, Rican. I have always admired Izzo. What is confounding is trying to understand the lessons the Bloomington Buffoon took away from so many years at the feet of a man blessed with character, dignity, and graciousness. Izzo must burn with shame every time Tanned Tommy's antics appear on ESPN.

Death on call

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

I think Izzo meant it as a compliment. He also meant it as a motivator for his own team. Tom is a master at getting his teams prepared mentally and the comment was meant for both teams.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »

I think Izzo meant it as a compliment. He also meant it as a motivator for his own team. Tom is a master at getting his teams prepared mentally and the comment was meant for both teams.

Agree 100%.

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »

Spot on! 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »
That quote came from Tom Izzo after his team beat Marquette last night. He also said he loves the Marquette team because of their effort.

This team has real character and deserves our full support. Go Marquette!

He was really giving props to Wojo for yanking Ellenson out of his grasp.  'Spect y'all. 

feedback