collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384474 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4075 on: October 05, 2021, 02:18:59 PM »
If you want to categorize going from 70 cases a day to 450-500 a day over the last 4 months a statistical increase that’s fair I’m just cautioning of what the fall/winter months might have in store for the northeast/Midwest.  CT’s 7 day avg of positive cases in early October of this year is higher then at the same point in October of 2020, same with 7 day avg of deaths in CT (4x’s higher now then same time last year) so🤞it doesn’t follow the same seasonality trend line as 12 months ago.

I should have been more clear in my original post.  Hovering around record highs/breaking record highs despite a great vaccination rate are being seen in Vermont and Maine with worrying trends in CT and MA along with WI, MN, MI and those states just coming up on their indoor seasons.  I should have been more careful, my apologies.

You're somewhat correct. Case counts, positivity rates, etc., are up in many places, and that's worrying. But the data seems to show - at least as best as I can tell - that these increases are coincidental to the even larger increases in the south, not subsequent to them. The idea that COVID is some kind of traveling circus moving from one part of the country to the next, and that every region gets its "turn," doesn't appear to be accurate.

But going back to Florida, if this is indeed a regional thing, why is Florida so much worse than its neighbors, even with better vaccination rates?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4076 on: October 05, 2021, 02:21:34 PM »
If you want to categorize going from 70 cases a day to 450-500 a day over the last 4 months a statistical increase that’s fair I’m just cautioning of what the fall/winter months might have in store for the northeast/Midwest.  CT’s 7 day avg of positive cases in early October of this year is higher then at the same point in October of 2020, same with 7 day avg of deaths in CT (4x’s higher now then same time last year) so🤞it doesn’t follow the same seasonality trend line as 12 months ago.

I should have been more clear in my original post.  Hovering around record highs/breaking record highs despite a great vaccination rate are being seen in Vermont and Maine with worrying trends in CT and MA along with WI, MN, MI and those states just coming up on their indoor seasons.  I should have been more careful, my apologies.

You're so disingenuous.

You have been since the beginning of this disease

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4077 on: October 05, 2021, 02:52:31 PM »
You're somewhat correct. Case counts, positivity rates, etc., are up in many places, and that's worrying. But the data seems to show - at least as best as I can tell - that these increases are coincidental to the even larger increases in the south, not subsequent to them. The idea that COVID is some kind of traveling circus moving from one part of the country to the next, and that every region gets its "turn," doesn't appear to be accurate.

But going back to Florida, if this is indeed a regional thing, why is Florida so much worse than its neighbors, even with better vaccination rates?

The Florida thing is interesting.  I’m not smart enough to know why they got hit harder then surrounding states during Delta despite having a better vaccination % of their 65+.  Maybe because it was really their first real surge so there was just a lot of vulnerable seniors out there who were susceptible and the other states didn’t have as many vulnerable seniors cause of being hit harder in previous surges 🤷‍♂️ Just a guess?

When you look at deaths per million YTD from the start of this thing some of those neighboring states have had worst outcomes in totality (Louisiana/Mississippi) while the others (SC, GA, AK) have had very similar overall outcomes when compared to FL if you look outside of just the Delta window of July-October, if that makes sense.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts as to why, truthfully.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4078 on: October 05, 2021, 02:53:48 PM »
You're so disingenuous.

You have been since the beginning of this disease

How so?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4079 on: October 05, 2021, 02:57:10 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4080 on: October 05, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »
Vermont leaders actively and aggressively work to mitigate the worst effects of COVID-19 by promoting vaccinations, mask-wearing and, if necessary, mandates for both.

Florida leaders actively and aggressively work to undermine use of a life-saving vaccine, mock mask-wearing, and forbid local jurisdictions from initiating policies that would protect their residents from a deadly, highly contagious virus.

Yeah, it's a total mystery why Vermont's outcome has been so much better than Florida's.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4081 on: October 05, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »
Vermont leaders actively and aggressively work to mitigate the worst effects of COVID-19 by promoting vaccinations, mask-wearing and, if necessary, mandates for both.

Florida leaders actively and aggressively work to undermine use of a life-saving vaccine, mock mask-wearing, and forbid local jurisdictions from initiating policies that would protect their residents from a deadly, highly contagious virus.

Yeah, it's a total mystery why Vermont's outcome has been so much better than Florida's.

Not what we were talking about Olberman.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4082 on: October 05, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »

Are your maladjusted antisocial tendencies due to that of a beserk pituitary gland?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4083 on: October 05, 2021, 03:29:59 PM »
Are your maladjusted antisocial tendencies due to that of a beserk pituitary gland?

You continue to be a very strange bird Rico

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4084 on: October 05, 2021, 04:17:17 PM »
Would be interested to hear your thoughts as to why, truthfully.

I suspect a variety of factors.
- The nonchalance about the pandemic and outright hostility to safety measures - both from state authorities and citizens - almost certainly led to a greater number of transmissions.
- It was a hot and rainier-than-normal August, which kept more people indoors.
- While Florida's vaccine data appears good, it's probably not good enough for a state with so many elderly and vulnerable residents. 80 percent of the senior population in Florida and 80 percent of the senior population in Texas mean very different things.
- I do wonder, also, about the legitimacy of Florida's vaccine numbers. The state has proved itself not to be above fudging its COVID stats, and it's weird that Florida is such an outlier when it comes to the correlation between vaccinations and deaths.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4085 on: October 05, 2021, 05:35:06 PM »
Wow I never heard about the Wisconsin anti-pope who didn’t think the anti Vatican II groups were traditional enough….
And then there’s this Wisconsin priest - I actually listened to him totally downplay lynching in the Jim Crow era…. So thankful for my parish.
https://www.ncronline.org/news/parish/altman-controversial-wisconsin-priest-still-speaking-out-despite-limits-bishop

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4086 on: October 05, 2021, 05:46:04 PM »
Wow I never heard about the Wisconsin anti-pope who didn’t think the anti Vatican II groups were traditional enough….
And then there’s this Wisconsin priest - I actually listened to him totally downplay lynching in the Jim Crow era…. So thankful for my parish.
https://www.ncronline.org/news/parish/altman-controversial-wisconsin-priest-still-speaking-out-despite-limits-bishop

In terms of character, I rate him about equal to those priests that molested little boys.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4087 on: October 05, 2021, 05:48:47 PM »
That's disgusting. It's people like that which are why the church should pay taxes.
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4088 on: October 05, 2021, 08:45:38 PM »
I suspect a variety of factors.
- The nonchalance about the pandemic and outright hostility to safety measures - both from state authorities and citizens - almost certainly led to a greater number of transmissions.
- It was a hot and rainier-than-normal August, which kept more people indoors.
- While Florida's vaccine data appears good, it's probably not good enough for a state with so many elderly and vulnerable residents. 80 percent of the senior population in Florida and 80 percent of the senior population in Texas mean very different things.
- I do wonder, also, about the legitimacy of Florida's vaccine numbers. The state has proved itself not to be above fudging its COVID stats, and it's weird that Florida is such an outlier when it comes to the correlation between vaccinations and deaths.

Florida is the worst of the worst when it comes to anti vaxxers. They have been going to crowded venues, never wearing masks. To them it’s a badge of honor to be  in close contact with places where they could get covid. And they are not in the best of health.
We have a contractor that believed it was a hoax, caught covid, said it was the worst by far he’d ever felt, thought he might die. Recovered, still bad mouths the vax Ed and mask wearers. You can’t fix stupid. And they live here, sadly.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4089 on: October 05, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »

Tell us more about how wonderful those Texas and Florida governors are doing, Tucker!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4090 on: October 05, 2021, 11:25:24 PM »
Tell us more about how wonderful those Texas and Florida governors are doing, Tucker!

RFK Jr. says hi. Can't fix stupid on either side.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pressconnects.com/amp/6003779001

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4091 on: October 06, 2021, 05:01:03 AM »

Yep, plenty of stoopid to go around on both sides.  Tribalism, eh?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4092 on: October 06, 2021, 06:18:37 AM »

Yep, he's a nutbag when it comes to vaccines. He also isn't the governor of a state, but that doesn't excuse his nutbaggery. And of course, he's the exception on his side of the aisle; numerous GOP governors with actual power -- including those in America's second and third most populated states -- are actively, aggressively working to undermine efforts to keep our nation healthy.

Meanwhile ... vaccine mandates work ...

"I didn’t want to do it. But I work for a company that mandates it and I had until September 30 to get it done or I’m out." -- ESPN's Sage Steele.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4093 on: October 06, 2021, 07:43:07 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-lieutenant-governor-bans-vaccine-052122974.html

The Idaho lieutenant governor tries to emulate Florida and Texas every time the actual governor leaves the state.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4094 on: October 06, 2021, 07:48:41 AM »
I think they should be given what they want, and then immediately release them from the hospital so the can go to the tractor supply clinic.

Lawsuits demand Palm Beach County hospitals give Ivermectin to struggling COVID patients
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/coronavirus/2021/10/06/families-covid-patients-push-hospitals-offer-ivermectin-patients/5991796001/

Six weeks after Tamara Drock was admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, the 47-year-old Loxahatchee woman is in a medically induced coma and tethered to a ventilator.

It was an outcome that her husband, Ryan, tried to prevent.

“No ventilators,” he said of his orders to the hospital staff.

Instead, he pushed them to give his wife Ivermectin, a drug that is approved to treat people with conditions caused by parasitic worms, but not for those ravaged by the coronavirus. Hospital officials refused.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4095 on: October 06, 2021, 08:18:24 AM »
I think they should be given what they want, and then immediately release them from the hospital so the can go to the tractor supply clinic.

Lawsuits demand Palm Beach County hospitals give Ivermectin to struggling COVID patients
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/coronavirus/2021/10/06/families-covid-patients-push-hospitals-offer-ivermectin-patients/5991796001/

Six weeks after Tamara Drock was admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, the 47-year-old Loxahatchee woman is in a medically induced coma and tethered to a ventilator.

Instead, he pushed them to give his wife Ivermectin, a drug that is approved to treat people with conditions caused by parasitic worms, but not for those ravaged by the coronavirus. Hospital officials refused.

If only roQQet ran that hospital …

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4096 on: October 06, 2021, 10:39:54 AM »

If the wife and husband both said no vent, that should have been respected

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4097 on: October 06, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »
If the wife and husband both said no vent, that should have been respected

Cmon...how is the hospital supposed to get its higher reimbursement rate if they take that approach?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4098 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
I would actually agree that her wishes should be respected, though the article doesn’t say whether she ended up agreeing to it or not.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4099 on: October 06, 2021, 11:40:43 AM »
I would actually agree that her wishes should be respected, though the article doesn’t say whether she ended up agreeing to it or not.

Agreed.  It also mentions that she wasn't vaccinated, but sounds like he was (not really specified).  Yet he credits ivermectin with saving his life.

Also this, her treatment wasn't robust? 

He said he doesn’t know why she didn’t respond to the typical treatment protocols, including being given the anti-viral Remdesivir, steroids and antibiotics. But, he said, he suspects her treatment was less robust because she hadn't received a COVID-19 shot.

“It seemed they were against her when they found out she wasn’t vaccinated,” he said of his impression of those who treated his wife at the hospital, owned by Tenet Healthcare.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:43:45 AM by rocky_warrior »