collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384442 times)

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2025 on: March 22, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
Is there a list of participating locations?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2026 on: March 23, 2021, 11:55:02 AM »
I was able to smell sulfur off a powder gun yesterday!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2028 on: March 23, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
Please just read the link.  It's not just an R thing.  That may be the largest segment, but the link breaks it down well.  For instance:  "One-Third Of Young Adults And Black Adults, One-Quarter Of Hispanic Adults Want To “Wait And See” Before Getting Vaccinated". 

Not everything is as partisan as you want to make it.  Just pointing out the polls have shown slightly more than 40% are waiting or worse..  We need to encourage all to get vaccinated.

i saw that rocky and if you read my post, you would've noted that my example, southpark employees, anecdotal as it may seem to some, shows that vaccine/no vaccine does not follow party lines and therefore NOT partisan.  both sides, for their own reasons, are choosing not to get vaccinated.  that's kinda what i was trying to point out while at the same time, proactively noting that some of the polls were showing it to be a partisan thing.  i really don't care.  i respect individuals own choices.  just as not everyone likes to floss, i may not agree with them,  i'm just here to help
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2029 on: March 23, 2021, 01:00:50 PM »
  i saw that rocky and if you read my post, you would've noted that my example, southpark employees, anecdotal as it may seem to some, shows that vaccine/no vaccine does not follow party lines and therefore NOT partisan.  both sides, for their own reasons, are choosing not to get vaccinated.  that's kinda what i was trying to point out while at the same time, proactively noting that some of the polls were showing it to be a partisan thing.  i really don't care.  i respect individuals own choices.  just as not everyone likes to floss, i may not agree with them,  i'm just here to help

Your story is appreciated, though anecdotal.

Vaccine acceptance and acquirement IS a partisan divide:

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/2021/03/05/growing-share-of-americans-say-they-plan-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccine-or-already-have/

"Partisan differences, which have long characterized views about the outbreak, are increasingly seen in vaccine intent. Democrats are now 27 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say they plan to get, or have already received, a coronavirus vaccine (83% to 56%). This gap is wider than those seen at multiple points in 2020."

That's the non-anecdotal reality.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2030 on: March 23, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
AstraZeneca has been a bit of a mess.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/23/astrazeneca-may-have-used-outdated-information-in-announcing-covid19-vaccine-results/

Wow. Having worked in the regulatory side of the clinical research enterprise for 20+ years, I find it astonishing that AZ would issue a press release that totally ignores significant concerns raised by the DSMB. In addition to the reputational hit from this ethically questionable move, they just opened themselves up to potential shareholder lawsuits.

Very disappointing.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2031 on: March 23, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »
Part of that Pfizer gang...round 1 done, only side effects was a sore ass arm the next day, day two was fine...just iced from time to time.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2032 on: March 23, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »
Last fall and early winter, the upper midwest was the epicenter of the Covid surge in the US, and everything seemed to be going wrong. But to give credit where credit is due, the upper midwest now has 4 of the top 7 states in terms of percentage of Covid vaccines getting into arms:

1. Wisconsin (94.15%)
3. North Dakota (92.29%)
4. Minnesota (91.74%)
7. Iowa (89.39%)

Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and South Dakota are also in the top half.

Kudos to midwesterners for getting it done!

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2033 on: March 23, 2021, 06:04:42 PM »
Anyone else get Moderna and feel super fatigued the day after? My arm obviously still hurts (which is fine and expected), but I’m super groggy and tired the day after.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2034 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »
Anyone else get Moderna and feel super fatigued the day after? My arm obviously still hurts (which is fine and expected), but I’m super groggy and tired the day after.

My daughter got Moderna last week and said she was really tired for a couple of days. She was back to normal by day 3. She also had a sore arm for 2-3 days, but was otherwise fine.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2035 on: March 23, 2021, 06:41:53 PM »
I was tired the day after my second.
There are at least two counties in downstate Illinois giving the vaccine to any of their residents  over 18 ( Moderna) because appointments are going begging

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2036 on: March 23, 2021, 07:20:17 PM »

My daughter got Moderna last week and said she was really tired for a couple of days. She was back to normal by day 3. She also had a sore arm for 2-3 days, but was otherwise fine.

Thanks, that’s good to know. It honestly feels like bad jet lag is how I would describe it. Hoping like your daughter, it goes away by like Thursday.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2037 on: March 23, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »
I was tired the day after my second.
There are at least two counties in downstate Illinois giving the vaccine to any of their residents  over 18 ( Moderna) because appointments are going begging

Appointments have been much easier to come by in the Milwaukee area than I expected since 1C started.  I have a feeling they'll be moving to making everyone eligible a good bit before May 1st.  But I also hope that vaccination sites do have some sort of waiting list they are using so doses aren't wasted.  I know many places had only been allowing people to go on waiting lists who were already eligible.  But I think we're getting close to the point in Wisconsin that most people who want to get vaccinated have been able to make appointments.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2038 on: March 25, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »

This was my experience after the 2nd Moderna dose also. Jetlag was a good way to describe it.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2039 on: March 25, 2021, 06:36:58 PM »
Wife got her first Pfizer shot today, I’m set up for mine next Tuesday.  Georgia just opened up to anybody over 16 today officially so pretty amazing she was able to find appointments that quickly at a small compounding pharmacy.  All the large retail chains were showing no availability.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2040 on: March 25, 2021, 06:44:33 PM »
Georgia is near the bottom in terms of distribution per the CDC- are they opening it to everyone because people aren’t taking it?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2041 on: March 25, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
Georgia is near the bottom in terms of distribution per the CDC- are they opening it to everyone because people aren’t taking it?
I don‘t know why, and I don’t really care. I’m just happy to finally get it.

With the large AA and MAGA populations here, I suspect that a lot of folks are not that interested but that’s just speculation.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:58:22 PM by ATL MU Warrior »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2042 on: March 25, 2021, 08:13:23 PM »
arizona just opened up vaccinations to all 16 and up

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2043 on: March 25, 2021, 09:50:39 PM »
  rutgers is only allowing vaccinated students back this fall

https://news.yahoo.com/rutgers-university-require-vaccination-students-195600441.html

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2044 on: March 26, 2021, 01:56:54 PM »
Got my second yesterday afternoon. Was feeling fine until this afternoon. Maybe it was the Shaka induced adrenaline that got me through the morning! 

Now I just feel blah. Slight fever. Slightly tired.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2045 on: March 26, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
2nd moderna for my wife and I yesterday around 1pm. both of just feel like we have total lack of energy. also some body ache. arm pain is way less than 1. had a slight fever. heard this is just the thing. looking forward to other side.
But I like to throw handfuls...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2046 on: March 26, 2021, 07:13:15 PM »
Scumbags are gonna be scumbags.

Criminal groups selling fake COVID-19 vaccines on dark web, WHO warns

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/consumerism/criminal-groups-selling-fake-covid-19-vaccines-on-dark-web-who-warns.html

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2047 on: March 26, 2021, 10:00:56 PM »
Chili & Fluff...glad to hear you’re done. That day after was ROUGH, my fever had been hovering around 99.6 most of the day and by 8pm I was beyond wiped out and spiked over 100.

Woke up the next day totally fine (except sore arm). 3 weeks until I get the second dose and will be ecstatic to be done (sans feeling that groggy jet lag type tiredness again).

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2048 on: March 26, 2021, 10:13:36 PM »
Scumbags are gonna be scumbags.

Criminal groups selling fake COVID-19 vaccines on dark web, WHO warns

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/consumerism/criminal-groups-selling-fake-covid-19-vaccines-on-dark-web-who-warns.html

That's why you don't get your shot at the off-brand dollar store.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2049 on: March 26, 2021, 10:36:37 PM »
Chili & Fluff...glad to hear you’re done. That day after was ROUGH, my fever had been hovering around 99.6 most of the day and by 8pm I was beyond wiped out and spiked over 100.

Woke up the next day totally fine (except sore arm). 3 weeks until I get the second dose and will be ecstatic to be done (sans feeling that groggy jet lag type tiredness again).

Wife and I got the 1st dose of moderna this week, no issues.   

Did you have covid? I've heard that people that had it, even asymptomatic, the 1st shot is the one that kills them knocks them on their ass. Anyone else hear this?

Edit: changed a very poorly used phrase.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:52:16 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »