collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384461 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1975 on: March 19, 2021, 08:37:27 AM »
Pfizer.

So now that you've had both doses, how were the side effects?

Asking for a 'friend' who is due to get his second Pfizer shot in two weeks....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1976 on: March 19, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »

I got Pfizer and was pretty out of it after the second dose for about 24hrs. My fiancé also had Pfizer and was fine. No chills or anything crazy though.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1977 on: March 19, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
I just scheduled my 1st shot for April 3.
Pfizer

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1978 on: March 19, 2021, 08:47:34 AM »

Pfizer.  Headache the day after the first, nothing the day after the second.  Sore arms both times.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1979 on: March 19, 2021, 01:55:00 PM »
Sore arms both times.   More sore than flu shots.    I have no idea what the side effects were with the second one as I got absolutely crushed at work and don't know whether the all over body aches are from the vaccine or fighting a fire all night.    Probably a little of both.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1980 on: March 19, 2021, 02:38:51 PM »
As long as it's not like the 2nd shingles shot I had last week. 
I was shivering all night even after alternating Tylenol & Motrin every 3 hours.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1981 on: March 19, 2021, 02:46:33 PM »
As long as it's not like the 2nd shingles shot I had last week. 
I was shivering all night even after alternating Tylenol & Motrin every 3 hours.

Shingles is basically the roughest vaccine that exists, so you should be fine.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1982 on: March 19, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
Other than being exhausted the next day I was fine afterwards.
I'll still take the shivering for one night than getting shingles.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1983 on: March 19, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »
Shingles is basically the roughest vaccine that exists, so you should be fine.

I had a horrible day after my second shingles shot. Felt like I had gotten hit by a truck -- twice. But my dad had shingles and was miserable for weeks, so a bad day or two from the shot was a small price to pay.

Here's hoping my second Moderna vaccine in a couple weeks isn't too bad. But again, I'd rather have a bad day than COVID-19.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1984 on: March 19, 2021, 05:31:39 PM »
Got second Moderna shot at 9am. Arm is significantly more sore than the first shot. Did get half a bucket of balls in.

No other effects yet…will update.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1985 on: March 19, 2021, 05:34:57 PM »
I know 2 people who are supposed get their second Pfizer dose at Walgreens this weekend but have not heard anything and are not able to schedule anything on their website (everything within 25 miles booked).

Any recommendations? Can they sign up at a different location/one of the vaccine specific sites like UWM?

I’ll be in the same boat next weekend.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1986 on: March 19, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
I know 2 people who are supposed get their second Pfizer dose at Walgreens this weekend but have not heard anything and are not able to schedule anything on their website (everything within 25 miles booked).

Any recommendations? Can they sign up at a different location/one of the vaccine specific sites like UWM?

To put your mind at ease a bit, you don't need your second shot 3 weeks to the day.  It only needs to be longer than 3 weeks before you get your second shot.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1987 on: March 19, 2021, 05:43:13 PM »
To put your mind at ease a bit, you don't need your second shot 3 weeks to the day.  It only needs to be longer than 3 weeks before you get your second shot.

Gotcha, thanks. I thought there was like a 5 day window. So wasn't panicking, but with eligibility opening up it was a little worrisome.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1988 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:14 PM »
Gotcha, thanks. I thought there was like a 5 day window. So wasn't panicking, but with eligibility opening up it was a little worrisome.

Agree not to worry much - just keep trying to schedule.

There is a window, that was largely defined by how their trials were run.  And in fact > 3 weeks isn't really known (again, just what they trialed).  You've got about 85% effectiveness with one shot,  get your second "booster" sometime, and as long your body reacts to it in some way you'll probably end up with 95%ish effectiveness.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1989 on: March 19, 2021, 05:55:25 PM »

I know numerous people - including my wife and myself - who went to Walgreens. They scheduled the 2nd shot at the time we got the first onr. All of us.

Have your friend check the paperwork they received at the time of their 1st shot. It should be in there even if they weren't told about it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1990 on: March 19, 2021, 05:58:04 PM »

For Pfizer, they recommend 3 weeks, but it can be up to 6 weeks. My Pfizer shots are 4 weeks apart - because Walgreens never knew until each Monday whether they were getting Pfizer or Moderna (which recommends 4 weeks). So they just scheduled every 2nd shot 4 weeks out.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1991 on: March 20, 2021, 01:08:34 AM »
Walgreens has been a mess the last few weeks in scheduling , at least three glitches they have acknowledged. Their website supposedly allows scheduling  a second shot if it wasn’t able to be scheduled  when the first was scheduled ( one of their glitches )like one day before it’s due. If it is already in the system there should be an email the day before.
Here in the Chicago area if people are Cook or Lake county residents they can call the county scheduling lines -otherwise it’s either CVS or Osco, I can’t remember which.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1992 on: March 20, 2021, 06:52:45 AM »
I go today to the Wisconsin Center for my first shot - woo hoo!  I've heard they have a very efficient operation going there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1993 on: March 20, 2021, 07:47:31 AM »

You can go anywhere for the second, but it’s not encouraged.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1994 on: March 20, 2021, 08:40:29 AM »
You can go anywhere for the second, but it’s not encouraged.

On the Wisconsin Vaccine Facebook group I'm in, I've seen a lot of posts saying that many places will not allow you to schedule a 2nd shot if you didn't get your first shot at that location.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1995 on: March 20, 2021, 09:12:29 AM »
I got both of mine at a local convention center with the process being overseen and staffed by the large local medical organizations.   Staffing augmented by national guard.   Doing several thousand vaccines a day.    Lines feel a little like a ride at an amusement park.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1996 on: March 20, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »
Thanks all. The two who have their upcoming second doses were able to get something scheduled for tomorrow. One called the Walgreens, and they said they should get a call to schedule a second dose but that they have a window of 21-45 days or something. But then they got a call a couple hours later.

I’ll probably call Walgreens next Friday if I don’t hear anything. They did put 3/28/21 as the date on the back of my card to get the second shot, but I thought that was just telling you when you should get it and not an actual appointment for the shot. Worst case scenario I’ll just go in on the 28th and at the very least try to get something scheduled with them in person.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #1997 on: March 20, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
I just scheduled first dose for Monday here in Burlington.  Walgreens had me schedule the second dose at the same time.  Walgreens website is not setup yet for the new eligibility next week, so I called and they said if you will be eligible, go ahead and choose a class that allows you to make the appointment and when you arrive you need to fill out paperwork to show you are eligible.  So all set. 

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #1998 on: March 20, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
I go today to the Wisconsin Center for my first shot - woo hoo!  I've heard they have a very efficient operation going there.
I run with a nurse giving shots at the Wisconsin Center. Yes, she claims things have gone pretty smoothly.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1999 on: March 20, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »
PSA .. interesting website for finding open vaccination appointments across the US:

https://www.vaccinespotter.org

Was able to schedule a J&J shot for tomorrow, thanks to this site. Best search one I have seen.
Thanks!

feedback