[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MARKUS IS BACK  (Read 31629 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: MARKUS IS BACK
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
I’ve always said he wasn’t leaving.

I am however surprised he didn’t declare and get some insight.

Next year gonna be big
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 12:55:44 PM »
* cue all the posters who will now criticize Markus for not even testing the waters...

First person on Twitter to do that was a Bucky fan.  I told him to just keep crying in his beer.
Have some patience, FFS.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »
I’ve always said he wasn’t leaving.

I am however surprised he didn’t declare and get some insight.

Next year gonna be big
As he said....unfinished business.  And, he knows what the feedback would be (and probably already has it informallly?).

Slim

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »
Marcus will surpass
Dwyane Wade and JFB
Combined total points!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
Booking my ticket for the BET in NYC now....

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:32 PM »
Thank you Markus. We look forward to seeing your indomitable force this fall. Please get healthy and stay that way.

Now that you are coming back, let’s talk about your legacy. We know you’re going to be the greatest Warrior scorer of all time. Heck, you’re almost that now. You’ll be known as a tremendous teammate, strong student and probably as good a person as ever who represented Marquette.

But you have to ask, what do you want your legacy to be? Butch and Bo, Dwyane and Maurice created their legacy not just because they were good, but because they made their teammates good too. All four elevated our program to the heights of college basketball. Butch and Bo won a national title. Maurice helped get us to the national championship game and Dwyane got us to the Final Four.

If you believe our press clippings lately (and I’m hopeful but skeptical), we should be one of the best teams in college basketball. You’ve probably read the same thing all of us Scoopers have. After we stop smiling wide, we think of one thing — Murray State. That can’t happen again. Ever. We know you have some unfinished business (besides your degree) and we’re hopeful that you and the guys play with a nasty-ass chip on your shoulders.

Kick-ass this fall and winter and set expectations high. There’s a lot of us out here who are old farts and remember what it was like to win it all. We want that feeling again and we want it for the current crop of Warriors.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
Marcus will surpass
Dwyane Wade and JFB
Combined total points!

Apparently we pronounce DWade's name differently.  Not saying my way is right...just that it apparently is different than yours.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:12:56 PM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2019, 01:11:22 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »
a tweet in the night
ten thousand dreams have been crushed
second place nova
Yeah. How did that work out for Nova this year? Still have to play the games
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »
Thank you Markus. We look forward to seeing your indomitable force this fall. Please get healthy and stay that way.

Now that you are coming back, let’s talk about your legacy. We know you’re going to be the greatest Warrior scorer of all time. Heck, you’re almost that now. You’ll be known as a tremendous teammate, strong student and probably as good a person as ever who represented Marquette.

But you have to ask, what do you want your legacy to be? Butch and Bo, Dwyane and Maurice created their legacy not just because they were good, but because they made their teammates good too. All four elevated our program to the heights of college basketball. Butch and Bo won a national title. Maurice helped get us to the national championship game and Dwyane got us to the Final Four.

If you believe our press clippings lately (and I’m hopeful but skeptical), we should be one of the best teams in college basketball. You’ve probably read the same thing all of us Scoopers have. After we stop smiling wide, we think of one thing — Murray State. That can’t happen again. Ever. We know you have some unfinished business (besides your degree) and we’re hopeful that you and the guys play with a nasty-ass chip on your shoulders.

Kick-ass this fall and winter and set expectations high. There’s a lot of us out here who are old farts and remember what it was like to win it all. We want that feeling again and we want it for the current crop of Warriors.

This scares me a little.

Then again, so do spiders, heights, and leprechauns. And aliens and ghosts. Chinese buffets and porcelain dolls. Ninjas in my bedroom. Haiku poetry and “a’ina.” Getting dunked on by Ners. Brooks Koepka in a purple thong pre weird weight loss, but admittedly it also excites me. Knock off cereals that come in large bags like Fruit Rings, the Trevor Mbakwe thread, Tom Crean’s Tan, Jason Derulo, adults dressed in costumes, and so on and so forth.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »
Unfinished business is accurate and I admire the hell out of Markus for coming back to handle biz.

I can’t wait to see how this team responds next year with massive expectations
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2019, 01:35:00 PM »

I know I'm just imagining this because I want it to be so, but anyone else think Joey's saying, "Yeeeeah!  F*** you!"  And hopefully that's at Doughnut Davison.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »
Can the season start tomorrow, please?
Let's gooooooooooooooo

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »
This is a huge break for the program from an exposure standpoint.  With a superstar like Markus, MU will be in the spotlight all year.  Sportscenter highlights, stories in major publications, the whole thing.  I’m good with upping the hubris to 11.

ESPN is scrolling the announcement during its Masters coverage!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:01:25 PM by wojoswarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »
Markus is a highly intelligent young man. He didn't need to spend a lot of time at combines to get "feedback." He already knows exactly where he stands with the pros.

He also seems to like college, including his presence as the student rep on a prestigious national council.

And he's right about unfinished business, and his chance to make a real mark on the program.

Here's to our Warriors doing at least as well after a loss to a 12-seed with our star coming back as we did 16 years ago!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
It is awesome that such a fine young man is sticking around.  Giddyup, &!%#+!%$+!% ers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »
Things just got really serious.  Amazing news.  He will cement his place as one of our all-time greats.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »
Now the next question that needs to be answered is will the Hausers be back?  I mean, according to the very well connected meat summit bros, the Hauser parents dislike Wojo so much that they had no problem with their second child going to play for him after their oldest had already spent two years in the program giving them feedback about what a terrible coach he is.

:o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

onepost

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2019, 02:23:46 PM »
Now the next question that needs to be answered is will the Hausers be back?  I mean, according to the very well connected meat summit bros, the Hauser parents dislike Wojo so much that they had no problem with their second child going to play for him after their oldest had already spent two years in the program giving them feedback about what a terrible coach he is.

:o

What's the backstory here?  I don't remember seeing that theory.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
What's the backstory here?  I don't remember seeing that theory.

Wojo needs to be careful because there are at least two WI families of D I players who do not think highly of Wojo.

The Hauser parents have a completely different beef with Wojo. There is no question the two sons have the talent to be at MU.

Referring to the parents, I wouldn't think The Woj is getting an invite for a Stevens Point Christmas dinner this year

I didn't say the parents "hate" Wojo. I said they aren't the biggest fans of his.

Hilarious that he won't provide any details on it though.  He needs to "protect his source," despite coming on MUScoop and reporting that the Hauser parents don't like Wojo.  Lol.  And then when people call him out his meat summit brothers come to his aid and say that nobody can provide evidence to disprove Keefer.  So Keefer, providing absolutely no evidence himself, is right!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2019, 02:43:21 PM »
What's the best guess as to what Markus's announcement does to Symir's reclassification possibility?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »
What's the best guess as to what Markus's announcement does to Symir's reclassification possibility?

Anyone here speak emoji?
https://twitter.com/EGB_ST4/status/1116786331953315842?s=19

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »
Anyone here speak emoji?
https://twitter.com/EGB_ST4/status/1116786331953315842?s=19

Get into the 21st century, will you?

Markus is saying he is going to McDonalds to eat some Blue Diamond walnuts, and Symir is replying that he gets all starry-eyed just looking at Markus's bicep.
Have some patience, FFS.