[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: This just in, the WNBA still exists, and now they are fighting!  (Read 5534 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUoi0t8mHYc

Even their fights are quite boring compared to other basketball brawls.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: This just in, the WNBA still exists, and now they are fighting!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:56:54 PM »
that was nuts. saw it last night. Taking a page out of the NBA's book...and in Detroit nonetheless.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »
Dumb way to tear your ACL...
"We have the blues on the run!"

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »
Lisa Leslie stated that she was pushed to the ground by Detroit Shock assistant coach and former Pistons Bad Boy Rick Mahorn. It didn't look like a push at all. It honestly looked like she did the Ginobili Flop more than anything.

How about those slaps that Mahorn took after Leslie went down...priceless!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/news/story?id=3503012

Now they're playing 50 year olds. 

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 02:49:12 PM »
If I was a WNBA GM... this is what I would do...

(not trying to offend women with this, but it is probably the truth.)

Since you play in the summer, my arena would be an outdoor arena, if the WNBA has a problem with it... too flippin bad, it isn't like you make any money to begin with.  Since I would put my team in Milwaukee, throw it on the lake, by the Summerfest grounds preferably, call myself the Milwaukee Ladybugs, my jerseys would be very, very skimpy red and white uniforms.  Now I know what you are thinking, but no, I am not going to draft/sign girls with any talent, I would just sign and draft hot models, who are terrible at basketball (skills are second-rate at this time).  I would show how shallow men are, and would sell-out every game due to hot chicks running around in skimpy uniforms, and would lose every game by 80+ points... who cares.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »
Nothing better than watching a couple of chicks slugging each other up side the head.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
If I was a WNBA GM... this is what I would do...

(not trying to offend women with this, but it is probably the truth.)

Since you play in the summer, my arena would be an outdoor arena, if the WNBA has a problem with it... too flippin bad, it isn't like you make any money to begin with.  Since I would put my team in Milwaukee, throw it on the lake, by the Summerfest grounds preferably, call myself the Milwaukee Ladybugs, my jerseys would be very, very skimpy red and white uniforms.  Now I know what you are thinking, but no, I am not going to draft/sign girls with any talent, I would just sign and draft hot models, who are terrible at basketball (skills are second-rate at this time).  I would show how shallow men are, and would sell-out every game due to hot chicks running around in skimpy uniforms, and would lose every game by 80+ points... who cares.

I'm just shallow enough to buy season tickets for that! I'm with the Mayor on that one!

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
I'm just shallow enough to buy season tickets for that! I'm with the Mayor on that one!

I would also throw promotions like if you come to the game and guess the amount of points we lose by/who on our team scores the most/how many points we get/etc.  If you get it right, you get to party with the team after the game..

Telling me I wouldn't make more money then the other teams?  Yeah no business classes needed in college, I know what the typical American male wants in their female sports, and it isn't a girl attempting a dunk, or a nice turn around jumpshot... or a beautifully executed bounce pass... its hot chicks playing terribly.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »
can't we just have a team of Erin Monfre's that is good looking and plays pretty well?? I would love that idea, Mayor except for one thing...I really dislike unsound fundamentals. but i guess if you'd have me choose btwn present WNBA and your team, I'll take yours!

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 05:42:08 PM »
can't we just have a team of Erin Monfre's that is good looking and plays pretty well?? I would love that idea, Mayor except for one thing...I really dislike unsound fundamentals. but i guess if you'd have me choose btwn present WNBA and your team, I'll take yours!

trust me... unsound fundamentals are tolerable when you have multiple wardrobe malfunctions a game.