'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's Buyout  (Read 5880 times)

1SE

• All American
Wojo's Buyout
« on: March 07, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
I asked this on a thread that seems to have gone missing, but does anyone have any credible information on what Wojo's buyout it?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MU24

• Starter
Re: Wojo's Buyout
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 01:26:36 PM »
At this point we might as well suck it up. He isnt going anywhere. Great class coming in. People have too expectations of the program anymore. It is what it is, which is a middle of the pack program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »
At this point we might as well suck it up. He isnt going anywhere. Great class coming in. People have too expectations of the program anymore. It is what it is, which is a middle of the pack program.

:o. I guess your part of the board.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 01:27:34 PM »

I cannot accept this.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »
Nothing like a clean mediocre politically correct program.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »
 I dont blame Koby we as fans know what he brings.  Sad thing is our coach doesnt and  chose to put him in the game 3 times in the second half, all with predictable results.  And we lost by 2.  Gonna argue we win if koby doesnt play.
Same can be said in depaul n many other games this year.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
I cannot accept this.

Its not like I want to either, but its out of our control. Is it frustrating to see MU not live up to expectations every year? Absof***inglutely. But im just apathetic at this point. If they win, hooray, if they lose, its not gonna ruin my day. Winning cures all. Fans want to see this team win, tickets wont sell as much next year, donations will drop and that will be what changes anything. If neither takes a hit, nothing will change.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »
The 6-year slide toward irrelevancy continues . . .

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 01:33:36 PM »
Yes, apathy has already creeped in. But now the mantra will be, well we have next year with 3 studs coming in. The team will again be mediocre and the same people will be making excuses for Wojos wonders.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »
Didn't Wojo say they would look at things in the offseason in regards to what caused the late season slide and said "we'll get it fixed".
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 01:37:27 PM »
Didn't Wojo say they would look at things in the offseason in regards to what caused the late season slide and said "we'll get it fixed".

The coach can't fix the issue when the coach is the issue.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »

Really?  That cannot be true.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »
Remember his offseason press conference where he condescended his critics throughout the subtext of the entire interview and basically said we don't respect him/Markus enough?  And then the season immediately following that press conference ended up even more embarrassing than the preceding one?  Good times.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:16 PM »
So after careful evaluation of last season's collapse, the strategy was for Markus to chuck 20% more shots per game?  That cannot be true.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 01:45:07 PM »
I dont blame Koby we as fans know what he brings.  Sad thing is our coach doesnt and  chose to put him in the game 3 times in the second half, all with predictable results.  And we lost by 2.  Gonna argue we win if koby doesnt play.
Same can be said in depaul n many other games this year.

Very difficult to understand. You would think that you would learn from your mistakes!

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Really?  That cannot be true.

It’s true. It was said.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »
I mean....at least this years collapse didn't cost them a BE title. Positivity!
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 01:51:47 PM »
I mean....at least this years collapse didn't cost them a BE title. Positivity!
Yeah youre right. We are gonna win tbe bet and make a run to the final four kemba style!

TrueWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 01:54:43 PM »
Remember his offseason press conference where he condescended his critics throughout the subtext of the entire interview and basically said we don't respect him/Markus enough?  And then the season immediately following that press conference ended up even more embarrassing than the preceding one?  Good times.

I wonder if the assistants are just a bunch of yes men or as clueless to what does/doesn't work. Either way it is evident Wojo is thin skinned and can't handle a critique of any kind. Not a winning formula.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 02:01:52 PM »
I wonder if the assistants are just a bunch of yes men or as clueless to what does/doesn't work. Either way it is evident Wojo is thin skinned and can't handle a critique of any kind. Not a winning formula.
Bingo. He is incapable of having his teams’ play defend him so he has to gaslight the fanbase.  A sad practice adopted by several scoopers here.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 02:47:57 PM »
I supported his extension last year. I was wrong. He needs to go. I'm afraid what MU will look like if he comes back. No doubt next year will be worse than this year. The students will be in full NoJo mode and attendance will drop. This will get very ugly.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 02:54:07 PM »
Lovell, Scholl, et al don’t have the balls to do what’s right. Big $ donors likely have to drive change

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »
Bingo. He is incapable of having his teams’ play defend him so he has to gaslight the fanbase.  A sad practice adopted by several scoopers here.

Amen.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »
I supported his extension last year. I was wrong. He needs to go. I'm afraid what MU will look like if he comes back. No doubt next year will be worse than this year. The students will be in full NoJo mode and attendance will drop. This will get very ugly.
Next year will definitely be worse, so cut bait. Too bad some good recruits coming in, but hey, many thought Sam and Joey were excellent recruits, and they bolted under this guy, so there is no given that these next guys would stay.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 03:02:47 PM »
Lovell, Scholl, et al don’t have the balls to do what’s right. Big $ donors likely have to drive change
I think your right. Even with the incoming class (if they stay with MU) I think MU is digging a deeper hole by keeping Wojo. Even if the recruits are as good as advertised, I can't see Wojo getting us to .500. As I said before, next year will be very ugly due to lack of fan support.