[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No one is talking about it.....Junior didn't play today  (Read 15722 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: No one is talking about it.....Junior didn't play today
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
Here is what ESPN has as still considering MU.  There are some good bigs left other than listed below but doesnt seem like there is interest...

2010 Players Considering - Marquette
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES
Justin Coleman Shooting Guard 6-5 210 Huntington Prep (WV) SG #15 95 Undeclared   
Maurice Walker Center 6-10 270 Brewster Academy (NH) C #9 92 Undeclared   
Xavier Jones Point Guard 6-3 210 Wayne H.S. (OH) PG #23 92 Undeclared   
Deonte Burton Shooting Guard 6-1 180 Centennial Senior H.S. (CA) SG #48 91 Undeclared   
Mike Poole Small Forward 6-6 180 St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) SF #44 89 Undeclared   
Keith DeWitt Power Forward 6-9 210 Ocean Academy (NJ) POST 89 Undeclared   
Seantrel Henderson Center 6-7 295 Cretin-Derham Hall H.S. (MN) C #34 88 Undeclared   
Josh Langford Small Forward 6-6 210 Lee H.S. (AL) SF #56 88 Undeclared   
Chim Kadima Shooting Guard 6-4 180 Lutheran H.S. (WI) SG #94 86 Undeclared   

From my understanding, that individual is looking strictly football.  This is obviously not our strong suit.  It is nice to see some size in the people we are looking at.  It'll be interesting to see if the last scholarship is used on one of these individuals or on someone out of the blue like DJ.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: winning at UConn with Junior and Lazar on the bench, WOW
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »

We can't have you waiting until August to decide if you want to play."

When Favre realized the Packers were no longer willing to kiss his feet, he pulled the old "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine. Or maybe he really didn't know at the time, and the Packers weren't willing to wait around for him to decide. Perfectly reasonable on both sides, especially when you consider that the Packers had a guy in Aaron Rodgers who they thought (rightfully so, to this point) would be the future of the franchise.

I don't feel bad saying it. As long as he's wearing purple, I hope he loses every f***ing  game he plays.

I can see some of where you are coming from, but I don't see why it would be relevant that Green Bay needed to know before the draft if he was coming back - they already had Rodgers groomed.  Secondly, I believe that after watching Farve in the 2008 NFC Championship game..where he looked cold and old..Thompson and McCarthy wanted to move on - but how do you do that with a legend like Farve and all he gave the franchise?  You basically give him a luke warm "yeah, we want you back."  Lastly, many Packers fans have popped off about how glad they are to be rid of Farve..so I didn't think he would me much of a threat to the Packers.  All this said you are entitle d to your opinion..but it does seem a little sour grapes to me..and kind of more like time to get over it.  Obviously, you don't stand alone in your feelings..70% of Cheeseheas are with you..I just see it from a different perspective.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
 I can see some of where you are coming from, but I don't see why it would be relevant that Green Bay needed to know before the draft if he was coming back - they already had Rodgers groomed.  Secondly, I believe that after watching Farve in the 2008 NFC Championship game..where he looked cold and old..Thompson and McCarthy wanted to move on - but how do you do that with a legend like Farve and all he gave the franchise?  You basically give him a luke warm "yeah, we want you back."  Lastly, many Packers fans have popped off about how glad they are to be rid of Farve..so I didn't think he would me much of a threat to the Packers.  All this said you are entitle d to your opinion..but it does seem a little sour grapes to me..and kind of more like time to get over it.  Obviously, you don't stand alone in your feelings..70% of Cheeseheas are with you..I just see it from a different perspective.

Fair.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 10:37:05 AM »
Here is what ESPN has as still considering MU.  There are some good bigs left other than listed below but doesnt seem like there is interest...

2010 Players Considering - Marquette
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES
Justin Coleman Shooting Guard 6-5 210 Huntington Prep (WV) SG #15 95 Undeclared   
Maurice Walker Center 6-10 270 Brewster Academy (NH) C #9 92 Undeclared   
Xavier Jones Point Guard 6-3 210 Wayne H.S. (OH) PG #23 92 Undeclared   
Deonte Burton Shooting Guard 6-1 180 Centennial Senior H.S. (CA) SG #48 91 Undeclared   
Mike Poole Small Forward 6-6 180 St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) SF #44 89 Undeclared   
Keith DeWitt Power Forward 6-9 210 Ocean Academy (NJ) POST 89 Undeclared   
Seantrel Henderson Center 6-7 295 Cretin-Derham Hall H.S. (MN) C #34 88 Undeclared   
Josh Langford Small Forward 6-6 210 Lee H.S. (AL) SF #56 88 Undeclared   
Chim Kadima Shooting Guard 6-4 180 Lutheran H.S. (WI) SG #94 86 Undeclared   

The S. Henderson dude is the third ranked football prospect in the nation, so forget about him.
From size, Maurice Walker is where we need to be concentrating our efforts.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 11:00:48 AM »
The S. Henderson dude is the third ranked football prospect in the nation, so forget about him.

I thought he was leaning somewhere and we were basically out of the Mo Walker sweepstakes?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
Ah, so you're basing your argument not on your superior "basketball IQ", but an external factor, that Buzz gave Junior PT @Syracuse because Buzz runs a program with tee-ball rules, where you get to play if your parents are in the crowd.
Not saying I agree that Buzz only played him because his mom was there, but let's look at it from a business perspective. Everyone knows that employees perform better when they are happy. Junior thought he was ready and was excited to play. Hopefully that carries over to practice and the rest of the season.

Buzz probably felt he needed to test him in game action against a top team to see where he is at. Might as well have been against Syracuse and make him and his mom happy. After seeing him play, Buzz probably felt he wasn't ready to play in a tight game like against UCONN.

OT random memory: I just remember when the Pacers were in Milwaukee with Diener on the bench. They were down 20 and the Bucks fans chanted for Diener for the final minute. The coach didn't put him in. I thought it showed the dysfunction of the Pacers that year. Let him play and make him happy. They were going to lose the game either way, might as well show a player you care about him as a person.

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2010, 06:10:07 PM »
I'll try to be a bit more sensitive to the name calling you mention

That's fair enough.  There's no hard feelings on my part, anyway.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »
Junior didn't play against UConn because Buzz didn't feel comfortable enough with Junior guarding Walker or Dyson.  Junior played against Syracuse because as good as Syracuse is, their guards are not as quick as Walker and Dyson.  Junior will be playing more and more minutes as the season goes on. 

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
I really hope Junior didn't rush himself with this injury. Over the weekend an international all star rugby player for New Zealand (say what you want to say about rugby, he is a professional) re injured his achilles tendon after rehabbing for a year . Please don't happen to JC.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h4uNwCWh2GjfKYU1o0Q_ylKO4m5A

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »
I really hope Junior didn't rush himself with this injury. Over the weekend an international all star rugby player for New Zealand (say what you want to say about rugby, he is a professional) re injured his achilles tendon after rehabbing for a year . Please don't happen to JC.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h4uNwCWh2GjfKYU1o0Q_ylKO4m5A

How could anyone say something negative about rugby? The people we knew at MU that played maybe but I, for one, have a great deal of respect for anyone willing to take a hit like they do sans pads.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »

It is a very tough injury.  I tore mine twice as well.  I hope that JC is fine.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »

I was intrigued by Keith Dewitt till the first Google result was him not qualifying to get into Mizzou.  Welp, onto the next name.

feedback