[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 510667 times)

Norm

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #975 on: March 26, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
Goose, can you at least give a background as to why you're hearing Buzz is very unhappy? Is it simply the change to Pilarz and Williams? Is it new requirements since the scandal last year? What??

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #976 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »
And with that, this thread can return to adorable.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #977 on: March 26, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
Does the board automatically turn the f-bomb into "frack"? That is kind of adorable.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #978 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
frack

yes

I enjoyed your other work, but this "new age" haiku doesn't really do it for me.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #979 on: March 26, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
So ... any responses? Sounds like quite a few people wrote to Buzz, Fr. Pillarz and LW — anyone get anything back? Did Buzz's out-of-office reply say anything about SMU?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #980 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
Ok, now you can just go right ahead and frack off. Seriously. You're a fracking idiot.

Mods, feel free to ban/lock/whatever.

I'm just fracking done with this crap. What a fracking waste of time.

You are the biggest douche on this board. I don't care what you said, you didn't tell us ANYTHING, and you're not telling us crap now.  

Jesus Christ, where's the Tylenol?

Hey now, let's give Goose some props, at least he's using CAPS, and appears to be moving past acting like a sad faced ninny for the first time in 40 pages of this thread.  No more fainting couch--that's gotta be considered progress.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #981 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Goose, has something changed and Buzz is staying (new info) or are you just fed up with some posters and are saying Buzz is staying?

Seriously.

Plus, now I've gotten in this thread.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #982 on: March 26, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »
I enjoyed your other work, but this "new age" haiku doesn't really do it for me.

Not all artists' work
will be hailed by the critics
look forward to more

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #983 on: March 26, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
Who farted in here? We have a strict no fart policy in new threads.

OpenLook

• Walk-On
« Reply #984 on: March 26, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
I have nothing of value to add (but then again, I'm not sure anyone besides SMU18 does) but thank you for being an enjoyable study break all day! My parents will be glad my tuition dollars are spent reading Scoop.  :)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #985 on: March 26, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »

Hey now, let's give Goose some props, at least he's using CAPS, and appears to be moving past acting like a sad faced ninny for the first time in 40 pages of this thread.  No more fainting couch--that's gotta be considered progress.

He receives no credit for anything.

I pressed for details several times, got nothing.

Now it's "he's staying!".

unnatural carnal knowledge. THIS.

Worst unnatural carnal knowledgeing thread, worthless unnatural carnal knowledgeing poster, terrible topic. Awful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #986 on: March 26, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
GOO--Fed up with the BS but my post on Buzz staying is 100% accurate. Heard they are mending the relationship and barring a blowup by either party Buzz is staying as our coach.

To any posters that do not think I am ninny feel free to PM with questions. Apologize to having pissed off anyone, aside from Lab and 2002, but really felt this was big issue and tried to give info without exposing contacts.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #987 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
Ok, now you can just go right ahead and frack off. Seriously. You're a fracking idiot.
Jesus Christ, where's the Tylenol?

Of all people 2002 I am a little dissapointed.  Usually you are the one trying to interject the "can't we all agree to disagree/ get along" vibe in topics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guv5LUT1AFw
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #988 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Goo said ,reporting from 3rd Street and Wisconsin Avenue. Where do you get this crap from?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:58:59 PM by BLUEPRINT »

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #989 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
2002---I'll give you this. BUZZ IS NOT GOING TO SMU OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!! Bank it!!!!

that's a shame. i guess it was his annual diva tantrum - trying to get a yearly up in pay - but hey, 'it's all about the kids though, aw shucks, im a bumpkin'
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:01:34 PM by seinfeld »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #990 on: March 26, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
tried to give info without exposing contacts.

No, no you didn't. You didn't give any info. other than "buzz is unhappy".

I was willing/wanting to hear some of your info., but you never provided it.

You acted like some sort of insider, but never said anything of value, or anything that even made sense.  

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #991 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
GOO--Fed up with the BS but my post on Buzz staying is 100% accurate. Heard they are mending the relationship and barring a blowup by either party Buzz is staying as our coach.

To any posters that do not think I am ninny feel free to PM with questions. Apologize to having pissed off anyone, aside from Lab and 2002, but really felt this was big issue and tried to give info without exposing contacts.

Damn, I was starting to look forward to woody or sully as our coach with Mr. potato head as assistant

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #992 on: March 26, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Benny B...I am almost 50 years, my sources are not ball boys for the program. It is funny that no one has credible sources that they quote saying Buzz is happy.

When it comes to athletics at Marquette, like almost every other major D-I athletic department, it is basically isolated from the rest of the university.  The athletic department has its own administrators, its own accountants, its own public relations staff, its own receptionists and its own janitors.  It's seemingly an autonomous organization within the university, and while the president may have "technical" authority over the AD, he does not have "recognized" authority within the inner-circle.  Moreover, the inner-workings of an athletic department are highly guarded and nearly all information is on a need-to-know basis due to the high level of scrutiny and exposure, locally and nationally, Marquette receives.

Accordingly, anything and everything with respect to personnel matters with the athletic program would not be common knowledge throughout the campus.  If Buzz is unhappy, there are probably less than a dozen people - outside his immediate family - who would actually know the truth; everyone else is speculating.  So if what you're saying is true, than your "sources" will easily identify you and are likely not very pleased that you're disseminating this information.  Otherwise, I don't care if your source is the provost, law school dean or head janitor, whoever told you whatever they told you is likely talking out of their rear end.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #993 on: March 26, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »
Damn, I was starting to look forward to woody or sully as our coach with Mr. potato head as assistant

1)  Oso's 3 special steps could have cured our free throw woes.
2)  Evil Dr Porkchop would have been way better as head coach, kind of a pink Frank Martin
3)  Trevor Mbakwe would have stopped this on p. 3.
4)  I blame Striped Tomato for this.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #994 on: March 26, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »
Of all people 2002 I am a little dissapointed.  Usually you are the one trying to interject the "can't we all agree to disagree/ get along" vibe in topics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guv5LUT1AFw

Well, this one is getting the best of me, I guess.

I never doubted that goose had sources, or even that he might be right. But, he could never back up his claim with anything that resembled a coherent statement.

Now we have people emailing the administration because of wild, unsubstantiated rumors on the internet that don't even make unnatural carnal knowledgeing sense.

Hell, there were posts claiming that we should fire Larry Williams. All because somebody repeatedly said "Buzz is unhappy". with no details on what was actually happening.

Terrible. We're better than that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #995 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
Well Benny Boy...my sources are not provost, Dean of Law or head janitor. But thank you for straightening out how the university works and where athletic department operates.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #996 on: March 26, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

Goose, good to hear.  Will there be some sort of a presser, like a contract extension or something put out to put an end cap on this?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #997 on: March 26, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:27:49 PM by TallTitan34 »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #998 on: March 26, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
2002....Shut the frack up already...your so annoying, how many times are you going to ask why Buzz is unhappy? Are you that ignorant that you cant realize the shift in the way we handle athletics has affected Buzz? That we have a new AD who wants to be boss? That we have a new president who cares a lot about the image of the university? That the last AD resigned because of the poor image we created off the court? These are all HUGE changes...Would you be happy if the guy that hired you was gone? Buzz doesn't have the control anymore like he used to because of these changes, THAT is why he is unhappy. He gets the "talk" from LW after an interview when all he was doing was being himself. Wouldn't you be mad if your boss wouldn't let you be yourself? Think rationally people its not that difficult.

Would I be annoyed? Sure.

Would I be mad enough to leave a 2.6million dollar contract and go to another job?

No.

Every employee answers to somebody. I hate the notion that getting a "new boss" has been so insane that Buzz is unhappy and wants to leave.

Buzz has been a basketball nomad his entire life. He has had lots of bosses.

THAT'S why I wanted some details on why he was unhappy. I'm unwilling to jump to the conclusion that Larry Williams and Pilarz are so terrible that Buzz couldn't handle it and was going to SMU.

It sounds idiotic.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #999 on: March 26, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
Congrats Tall Titan...well done!!!