'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 77084 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2017, 02:56:28 PM »
Trey Mines‏ @T_Mines5

6'7 Forward Antwan Walker made it official that he will stay w/ the Hoyas after meeting w/ HC Pat Ewing this morning on the Hill!

The big one is Waters..if they keep him, then they may have something..but I just don't think he's going to end up staying.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »
Yet earlier in this thread you acknowledged (brought up actually) how Wojo landed both Car3no and Katin without their being any reports beforehand.....

LOL

muguru

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
Yet earlier in this thread you acknowledged (brought up actually) how Wojo landed both Car3no and Katin without their being any reports beforehand.....

Yes, there were no reports(like published nationally or anything), but if you read the right stuff, listened to the right people and connected the dots, you knew they were in great shape with both. I and many others had very strong hunches both were going to happen. In this instance, no one is talking, there is no dot connecting etc. It's extremely quiet.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
Yes, there were no reports(like published nationally or anything), but if you read the right stuff, listened to the right people and connected the dots, you knew they were in great shape with both. I and many others had very strong hunches both were going to happen. In this instance, no one is talking, there is no dot connecting etc. It's extremely quiet.

So when insiders like Big Daddy post things you say:

Not if it comes from a national source like Daniels, or a Mark Miller or some others that are dialed in to MU.

But when Car3no and Katin commit with nary a whisper its all about talking to the right people and listening to insiders.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »
So when insiders like Big Daddy post things you say:

But when Car3no and Katin commit with nary a whisper its all about talking to the right people and listening to insiders.

And what exactly has BD said?? Other than Wojo wants Morrow(that was pretty well known), Stan is working on 2018, and Egor is out?? Said something about still wanting one traditional transfer, and one grad transfer I don't know if that meant him, or the staff..but regardless, he hasn't given any names as to anyone they are pursuing(as far as grad transfers or traditional transfers). It's all been general stuff.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2017, 07:40:49 AM »
And what exactly has BD said?? Other than Wojo wants Morrow(that was pretty well known), Stan is working on 2018, and Egor is out?? Said something about still wanting one traditional transfer, and one grad transfer I don't know if that meant him, or the staff..but regardless, he hasn't given any names as to anyone they are pursuing(as far as grad transfers or traditional transfers). It's all been general stuff.

He said we were working on Egor but you claimed that it didn't matter and you didn't believe because you had heard it from national media.

I promise you, Wojo and co. are putting the full court press on recruiting right now. They are doing everything they can. But so is every other coach in America. Coaches fail to land a vast majority of the recruits they go after. Nature of the game. Going after Egor and missing out is not a reason to ask "what the hell is the coach doing? His recruiting pitch needs work." If it was a pattern, sure. But recruiting is the one area that Wojo has been consistently above average on.
TAMU

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »
Think of it this way, if Wojo felt any of the grad transfers were a must get, you'd be seeing Marquette's name on Twitter as one of the schools coming to visit the transfer.  Either we haven't seen that name yet or Wojo isn't going hard on the grad transfer route right now. 

The only non-2018 players he's been known to meet with was the 2017 guard from Corona, CA who opted for Kentucky and Morrow.  As a result I'm going to go with the 11 on scholarship for next year until we hear another name.  Just check the boards and Twitter a few times a day and let it happen.  Can't worry about it.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

muguru

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »
Think of it this way, if Wojo felt any of the grad transfers were a must get, you'd be seeing Marquette's name on Twitter as one of the schools coming to visit the transfer.  Either we haven't seen that name yet or Wojo isn't going hard on the grad transfer route right now. 

The only non-2018 players he's been known to meet with was the 2017 guard from Corona, CA who opted for Kentucky and Morrow.  As a result I'm going to go with the 11 on scholarship for next year until we hear another name.  Just check the boards and Twitter a few times a day and let it happen.  Can't worry about it.

This is EXACTLY my point Ted..and what others like TAMU don't seem to get..IF Wojo was pursuing a grad transfer hard it WOULD have been on twitter by now. It always is..the kids he visits for 2018 you'll see on twitter..the fact he's interested/visited Morrow, we saw on Twitter..Everything gets out eventually, one way or another..And if not on twitter..then Matty V would have it, Mark Miller would have it, etc.

So, based on the lack of info we have seen so far, I think the notion he is after grad transfers hard, is a misnomer. He's maybe checked in on some, or gotten calls from some etc, but if he was in serious pursuit of one, we'd know it by now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »

This is EXACTLY my point Ted..and what others like TAMU don't seem to get..IF Wojo was pursuing a grad transfer hard it WOULD have been on twitter by now. It always is..the kids he visits for 2018 you'll see on twitter..the fact he's interested/visited Morrow, we saw on Twitter..Everything gets out eventually, one way or another..And if not on twitter..then Matty V would have it, Mark Miller would have it, etc.

So, based on the lack of info we have seen so far, I think the notion he is after grad transfers hard, is a misnomer. He's maybe checked in on some, or gotten calls from some etc, but if he was in serious pursuit of one, we'd know it by now.

We all get it. Everyone gets it. But no matter how many WORDS YOU TYPE IN CAPS, how many times you post about how we need an impact grad transfer, and no matter what may or may not be going on behind the scenes, there is nothing we can do about it. Freaking the f*** out and posting like you're hyperventilating through a keyboard isn't going to speed the process or get Wojo on anyone's doorstep.

I understand that you live your life in a constant manic state. That's your prerogative. But you don't have to try to constantly put the rest of us in that same state.

R - E - L - A - X
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
We all get it. Everyone gets it. But no matter how many WORDS YOU TYPE IN CAPS, how many times you post about how we need an impact grad transfer, and no matter what may or may not be going on behind the scenes, there is nothing we can do about it. Freaking the f*** out and posting like you're hyperventilating through a keyboard isn't going to speed the process or get Wojo on anyone's doorstep.

I understand that you live your life in a constant manic state. That's your prerogative. But you don't have to try to constantly put the rest of us in that same state.

R - E - L - A - X

Let him hyperventilate, then hopefully he'll pass out and stop posting.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »

R - E - L - A - X

I hate the MU offseason..I always want news to happen. Once it does, I'm okay. That's just how I am. Get a commit, a transfer in, a transfer out, it doesn't really matter to me, I just want something. I know it doesn't work that way with college BB in the offseason, but I can't help it. Other schools get commits etc, and things to talk about this time of year, every week something happens, someone commits somewhere, someone transfers etc. It's exciting, because it's something..I'm not a patient person, never have been, never will be, and that's how I am with everything..I am ALWAYS in a hurry. Always. No matter what it is.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »
Let him hyperventilate, then hopefully he'll pass out and stop posting.

Dont worry you will all get a break next week when the NFL Draft happens..I'm a huge draftnik and get totally submerged in that. Oh and the NFL schedule comes out Thursday so I have that too. Just hate the end of CBB season until the NFL draft. I'm not a hockey or NBA guy so don't have a lot of interest in that.

I love baseball(Coached it for 5 years), but that only keeps my interest for so long. That's just how I roll.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »

We get it. Though its funny because earlier you brought up how Car3no and Katin weren't mentioned on twitter or national media at all.

Based on the information we have, Wojo went after Cameron Johnson and Egor. Egor is now out. It seems like Cameron Johnson is likely out though he hasn't cut down his list at all and won't be making a decision until May. Its possible that Wojo will and has moved onto other grad transfers. There are dozens out there that have yet to have any schools mentioned with them. Its also possible that Wojo agrees with the assessment of grad transfers that you did. Cam Johnson and Egor are the two best out there. Maybe Wojo doesn't want a grad transfer unless they are at that level. Which would be fine. I think there are a few other grad transfers out there worth of an MU offer, but Wojo has been doing this a helluva lot longer than I have.

I hate the MU offseason..I always want news to happen. Once it does, I'm okay. That's just how I am. Get a commit, a transfer in, a transfer out, it doesn't really matter to me, I just want something. I know it doesn't work that way with college BB in the offseason, but I can't help it. Other schools get commits etc, and things to talk about this time of year, every week something happens, someone commits somewhere, someone transfers etc. It's exciting, because it's something..I'm not a patient person, never have been, never will be, and that's how I am with everything..I am ALWAYS in a hurry. Always. No matter what it is.

At least you recognize it. This is the point you seemed to be missing. While it seems like we might not end up with a grad transfer this year, that is no reason to freak out and question the coaches recruiting ability. Offseason is long, a lot of names still to become available. Getting one right now is not always the best option.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
Based on the information we have, Wojo went after Cameron Johnson and Egor. Egor is now out. It seems like Cameron Johnson is likely out though he hasn't cut down his list at all and won't be making a decision until May. Its possible that Wojo will and has moved onto other grad transfers. There are dozens out there that have yet to have any schools mentioned with them. Its also possible that Wojo agrees with the assessment of grad transfers that you did. Cam Johnson and Egor are the two best out there. Maybe Wojo doesn't want a grad transfer unless they are at that level. Which would be fine. I think there are a few other grad transfers out there worth of an MU offer, but Wojo has been doing this a helluva lot longer than I have.

I'd love to get a grad transfer, but I'd be OK without one if means we nab two impact traditional transfers.  Ed Morrow and Charlie Moore would fit the bill.

Then the problem becomes making room for Joey, but I think the will sort itself out.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
Sorey if this already was posted:

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
55m
Rice graduate transfer Egor Koulechov won't take any more college visits, per a source. Will decided between Florida & Oklahoma.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2017, 01:53:28 PM »
Johnnies and Chris Mullin  making overtures toward Ed Morrow.
https://twitter.com/yelbeeez/status/854032213003956225
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »
Looks like Charlie Moore is out,  Rothstien states Ill. or Kansas.

Yep, was just about to share that.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
Per Jeff Goodman, Morrow visiting Marquette this weekend.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/854760356408954884

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »
Per Jeff Goodman, Morrow visiting Marquette this weekend.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/854760356408954884

WEATHER TRACKER
Friday 52 degrees, partly cloudy
Saturday 50 degrees, mostly cloudy
Sunday 51 degrees, mostly sunny

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »
He'll be here Sunday/Monday from what I saw, so 49 and partly sunny on Monday.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
WEATHER TRACKER
Weather same in Omaha. He went to high school in Chicago.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »
WEATHER TRACKER

God I love this site.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »
Watt tyme are da naked dancin' girls scheduled ta come thru campus, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"