'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 77071 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
Well, here's the thing, I figured everyone was smart enough to assume that if he's pursuing someone, it's with the hopes of landing him, doesn't that make sense?? So you can say "he's pursuing grad transfers", which yes is PROBABLY true(but I'd rather wait until I hear it from other MU sources before I'd truly believe it), but would anyone truly be satisfied with him pursuing Egor and Cam without actually landing one of them(or both)?? So if you want to deal in semantics, go ahead..But i was giving everyone's intelligence the benfit of the doubt here that they would think it makes sense that I(or anyone)that wants to know they are pursuing grad transfers, that if they are, they then land them. Otherwise, what's the point?? Who cares if they are pursuing them, if it doesn't result in a commitment?? I guess that goes along with the way the world is now and everone gets A's for effort, and for trying, huh??

I don't know where to start, other than if you freak out over every missed recruit, you'll be depressed more often than not.

If we miss out and have Howard and Rowsey at the point, Cheatham and Anim at the two, Hauser and Cain at the three, and Heldt, Froling, and John sharing the four/five with Eke and Elliott available, I can live with that.

If we up the talent, I would be happy, but no sense in freaking out if it doesn't happen since none of us have any control over it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
Well, here's the thing, I figured everyone was smart enough to assume that if he's pursuing someone, it's with the hopes of landing him, doesn't that make sense?? So you can say "he's pursuing grad transfers", which yes is PROBABLY true(but I'd rather wait until I hear it from other MU sources before I'd truly believe it), but would anyone truly be satisfied with him pursuing Egor and Cam without actually landing one of them(or both)?? So if you want to deal in semantics, go ahead..But i was giving everyone's intelligence the benfit of the doubt here that they would think it makes sense that I(or anyone)that wants to know they are pursuing grad transfers, that if they are, they then land them. Otherwise, what's the point?? Who cares if they are pursuing them, if it doesn't result in a commitment?? I guess that goes along with the way the world is now and everone gets A's for effort, and for trying, huh??

So why not just say, "I'm concerned Wojo hasn't landed a stud grad transfer" (a ridiculous concern) in the first place? Then you get upset at other people for taking what you say...well, as you say it, rather than what you claim you meant to say, which is completely different than what you actually said.

The fault is yours. You can be upset about it and claim people are stupid, but you're the one who can't say what you claim you're meaning to say.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

Satisfied? No. Disappointed? Sure. Think Wojo is inadequate, not trying hard enough, and asking "what the hell is Wojo doing?" Not even close.

Again, recruiting grad transfers is not a buffet line. You don't just pick what you want and take it. I promise you that Wojo is putting the full court press on both Cam Johnson and the Rice Russian. He is doing everything he can. Despite that, there is still a chance that both could choose to go elsewhere. Because just about every other high major coach is also putting the full court press and doing everything they can to land them. I'm not sure what it is that you think Wojo isn't doing that he should be doing in order to land a stud grad transfer.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2017, 01:16:06 PM »
Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels 22m22 minutes ago

Miami (Ohio) transfer Michael Weathers is headed to Oklahoma State, per a source.

Averaged 16.7 PPG, 4.8 APG & 4.2 RPG last season.

Not surprising. The head coach that just got fired from Miami just got hired at Ok State as an assistant. Wonder if Marcus Weathers is also invited.
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »

I hate to break it to you, but most recruits that coaches pursue aren't landed by them.  Of course I want Wojo to land a grad transfer if he is pursuing him.  If he doesn't, well that sucks but life goes on.  He's proven to be quite a good recruiter so all in all he's doing fine.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
These transfers don't always work out as planned. Here is a good story on Montaque Gill-Caesar , a kid we recruited, he ultimately went to Missouri and then transferred to San Diego State . He was hyped for Mountain West preseason player of the year  and ended up a very bad year this year,12.3 mpg ,3.3 ppg on 28 percent shooting.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-azhoops-20170203-story.html
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
 Chris Williams‏ @ChrisMWilliams 4h4 hours ago

Nebraska transfer Ed Marrow will officially visit Iowa State on April 28-30. Others in play are Marquette and Xavier.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:35 PM »
Chris Williams‏ @ChrisMWilliams 4h4 hours ago

Nebraska transfer Ed Marrow will officially visit Iowa State on April 28-30. Others in play are Marquette and Xavier.
Let's get him on Campus.
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »
He gowne, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »
Definitely would love to see us land Morrow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:48:05 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUDPT

• All American

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2017, 07:18:53 AM »
Yankee dude, I luv ya like a bro, butt does anyone ever suck, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
Illinois St's MiKyle McIntosh will declare for NBA Draft without an agent and then be a grad transfer if he doesn't go pro, per Dan Muller.

- Jon Rothstein

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
Illinois St's MiKyle McIntosh will declare for NBA Draft without an agent and then be a grad transfer if he doesn't go pro, per Dan Muller.

- Jon Rothstein

In simpler terms, MiKyle McIntosh will grad transfer
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2017, 11:13:34 AM »
In simpler terms, MiKyle McIntosh will grad transfer

LOL...yup. 

And some good landing spots may dry up in the process.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »
Yankee dude, I luv ya like a bro, butt does anyone ever suck, hey?
Love these young kids who are working hard to realize on their dreams , so in my view  the players never suck. Any kid interested in Marquette is worthy of even more praise.

Now as to the coaches,they are paid professionals and I am happy to point out their deficiencies from the comfortable anonymous confine of an internet message board.
            ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels · 25m25 minutes ago 

Big day in Houston for Lon Kruger. The Oklahoma coach will see Egor Koulechov, per sources. Then has an in-home visit with Quentin Grimes.

People wonder why I get all worked up thinking MU isn't chasing any grad transfers?? It's because of the lack of reports like this. Not even just with Egor, but with any grad transfers. I think if MU was doing in homes or setting up on campus visits etc, SOMEONE would know about it, and would have reported it. That's all I'm saying.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2017, 11:42:30 AM »

Big day in Houston for Lon Kruger. The Oklahoma coach will see Egor Koulechov, per sources. Then has an in-home visit with Quentin Grimes.

People wonder why I get all worked up thinking MU isn't chasing any grad transfers?? It's because of the lack of reports like this. Not even just with Egor, but with any grad transfers. I think if MU was doing in homes or setting up on campus visits etc, SOMEONE would know about it, and would have reported it. That's all I'm saying.

I think we get it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »

There are quotes straight from the horse's mouth about Wojo pursuing grad transfers but you decide to call them unreliable sources and whine about the lack of interest from MU in grad transfers.  So in reality, even if we got those types of reports, you'd write it off as FAKE NEWS and complain just to continue complaining.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2017, 11:51:44 AM »
There are quotes straight from the horse's mouth about Wojo pursuing grad transfers but you decide to call them unreliable sources and whine about the lack of interest from MU in grad transfers.  So in reality, even if we got those types of reports, you'd write it off as FAKE NEWS and complain just to continue complaining.

Not if it comes from a national source like Daniels, or a Mark Miller or some others that are dialed in to MU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »

Yet earlier in this thread you acknowledged (brought up actually) how Wojo landed both Car3no and Katin without their being any reports beforehand.....
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »

A kid like Cam Johnson has over 30 offers including from us. If Cam gave every coach an in home visit, he would barely have time to go to school, work out etc. Also with these grad transfers, we need to have an actionable offer to make. We have a legitimate need for an experienced 4 and we have minutes available at the 2/3. Grad Transfers evaluate where they are likely to get max playing time and exposure.
            ---Al McGuire

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏Verified account
@JonRothstein

Virginia grad transfer Darius Thompson is currently visiting Butler, per a source. Immediately eligible for next season.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Trey Mines‏ @T_Mines5

6'7 Forward Antwan Walker made it official that he will stay w/ the Hoyas after meeting w/ HC Pat Ewing this morning on the Hill!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

feedback