'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 77079 times)

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »
Givin this one out early. He doesn't look like much at first glance. But look a little closer. There is....intriguing potential here.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066256/eric-hester

Possible connection with Brett Nelson?  Only asking because of possible Florida ties.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »
Charlie Moore would be perfect. I don't think there's been a better fit for a traditional transfer. I hope we give him a good run.

Moore played for Morgan Park. I assume that means his family is from around the area. Depending on how close he wants to be, here are the closest high major schools to Morgan Park.

Depaul: 30 minutes
Northwestern: 45 minutes
Notre Dame: 1 hour 39 minutes
Marquette: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Illinois: 1 hour, 52 minutes
Purdue: 1 hour, 53 minutes

The next closest high major after that is an additional hour away. My guess is that he ends up at one of the above six. Mizzou could be in play too. Follow his coach and he's still technically closer to home.

NCAA closed that loophole a couple years ago.  And it would be better for MU if he did have to sit.  Get him a class behind Markus.

EDIT:  But I think you are right.  I bet he's not only going to Illinois but it's already in the bag.

Other than proximity and Evan Daniels sending 1 tweet that he thinks Illinois will be a major player for Moore, why the certainty that he's in the bag? Illinois has already recruited him twice and he said no twice. Circumstances (and coaches) change but no one on the Illinois boards seem to think he's a lock or even likely. They think he's ending up at Northwestern or Depaul.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:59:52 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2017, 12:40:45 AM »
Ricky O'Donnell‏Verified account @SBN_Ricky  6h6 hours ago

I would think Charlie Moore has to be a top five transfer this summer. Would be huge for Illinois or DePaul.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

muguru

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2017, 05:20:46 AM »
Charlie Moore would be perfect. I don't think there's been a better fit for a traditional transfer. I hope we give him a good run.

Moore played for Morgan Park. I assume that means his family is from around the area. Depending on how close he wants to be, here are the closest high major schools to Morgan Park.

Depaul: 30 minutes
Northwestern: 45 minutes
Notre Dame: 1 hour 39 minutes
Marquette: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Illinois: 1 hour, 52 minutes
Purdue: 1 hour, 53 minutes

The next closest high major after that is an additional hour away. My guess is that he ends up at one of the above six. Mizzou could be in play too. Follow his coach and he's still technically closer to home.

Other than proximity and Evan Daniels sending 1 tweet that he thinks Illinois will be a major player for Moore, why the certainty that he's in the bag? Illinois has already recruited him twice and he said no twice. Circumstances (and coaches) change but no one on the Illinois boards seem to think he's a lock or even likely. They think he's ending up at Northwestern or Depaul.

Why would anyone in their right mind actually CHOOSE to play at DePaul?? Unless you had no other options then maybe :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2017, 08:34:34 AM »

I think the combination of Underwood and Antigua means that they may be pushing the limits. 

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »
To get back on topic: Charlie Moore of California is transferring to be closer to home. He is originally from Chicago, small tough guard that is fundamentally sound. I don't think we will offer but I'm sure wojo will give him a call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
To get back on topic: Charlie Moore of California is transferring to be closer to home. He is originally from Chicago, small tough guard that is fundamentally sound. I don't think we will offer but I'm sure wojo will give him a call

It was never off topic.  Literally 13 of the 14 posts prior to yours were about Charlie Moore.  (And the other one was about another grad transfer.)

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »

It was never off topic.  Literally 13 of the 14 posts prior to yours were about Charlie Moore.  (And the other one was about another grad transfer.)

Yeah but now we're hopelessly off topic. Mods please lock the thread.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »
I agree with this anecklysis

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account
@GoodmanESPN

Follow
 More
San Diego State's Zylan Cheatham told ESPN he has received his release to transfer.

MU should pursue solely for the puns.
Dual Cheathams? And how!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/03/29/ncaa-transfer-tracker-march-28th-edition/

Updated.  More talent coming off the board than being added.  But still isn't of quality transfers on there
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/03/29/ncaa-transfer-tracker-march-28th-edition/

Updated.  More talent coming off the board than being added.  But still isn't of quality transfers on there

MU seems to be focusing more on transfers(morrow, Moore etc), then they are grad transfers, and I'm not really sure why. Some would say that there have to be minutes available for a grad transfer for them to come, and some question whether or not said minutes are available. I'll tell you what, there are two grad transfers out there that could IMO, take MU to the sweet 16 or better next year, and they should be able to get all the minutes they can handle. Just not sure at this point, what exactly Wojo is doing, and I hope like hell he hasn't been telling potential grad transfers that there may or may not be massive minutes available. At least if he's been in contact with those specific two.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
MU seems to be focusing more on transfers(morrow, Moore etc), then they are grad transfers, and I'm not really sure why. Some would say that there have to be minutes available for a grad transfer for them to come, and some question whether or not said minutes are available. I'll tell you what, there are two grad transfers out there that could IMO, take MU to the sweet 16 or better next year, and they should be able to get all the minutes they can handle. Just not sure at this point, what exactly Wojo is doing, and I hope like hell he hasn't been telling potential grad transfers that there may or may not be massive minutes available. At least if he's been in contact with those specific two.

BD says he's after Egor and we offered Cameron Johnson, so clearly he's not opposed to grad transfers for next season.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »

MU is in contact with both Cameron Johnson and Egor Koulechov. Possibly others. There's no reason to think Wojo is telling grad transfers thanks but no thanks
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2017, 03:20:37 PM »
BD says he's after Egor and we offered Cameron Johnson, so clearly he's not opposed to grad transfers for next season.

BD can say what he wants, not doubting his info, but it's hard to know for sure when there has been NOTHING about visits, contact with either etc. No one else has reported anything about any interest in grad transfers. Not saying it's worry time yet, but just seems oddly quiet, when you figure Reinhardt committed on like April 9th, Carlino on the 25th of April. In fact, I think I saw a list just the other day of Cam's list and MU wasn't on it..

From Corey Evans: Jamie Dixon/TCU, Brad Underwood/Illinois, Andy Kennedy/Ole Miss & Dana Altman/Oregon will complete in-homes tmrw w/Pitt transfer Cam Johnson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »
MU is in contact with both Cameron Johnson and Egor Koulechov. Possibly others. There's no reason to think Wojo is telling grad transfers thanks but no thanks

That's the problem with the above statement, we have no solid 100% proof that they are doing anything with Cam or Egor, just mostly "speculation" that they are in contact.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
That's the problem with the above statement, we have no solid 100% proof that they are doing anything with Cam or Egor, just mostly "speculation" that they are in contact.

Well Cameron Johnson said Marquette offered him. So I assume sort of contact had to happen in order for that offer to be given. And Big Daddy is not a snub. If he says Marquette is talking to Egor they are talking to Egor.
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »
Well Cameron Johnson said Marquette offered him. So I assume sort of contact had to happen in order for that offer to be given. And Big Daddy is not a snub. If he says Marquette is talking to Egor they are talking to Egor.

With all due respect to BD, I'd like to see it from a few more sources before I take it to the bank. And I believe his last comment about it was "Stan is still working on Egor". Honestly, if he is still working on it, it's likely not going to happen. To me, with Stan and Egor's past relationship, you wouldn't think it would take him long to at least get him in for a visit.

And contact does not necessarily mean major interest. There's a big difference.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2017, 04:12:51 PM »
With all due respect to BD, I'd like to see it from a few more sources before I take it to the bank. And I believe his last comment about it was "Stan is still working on Egor". Honestly, if he is still working on it, it's likely not going to happen. To me, with Stan and Egor's past relationship, you wouldn't think it would take him long to at least get him in for a visit.

So...what is your point? Just let it play out. They're going to fill their openings or they can get guys worth getting.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

Well your concern was that Wojo wasn't trying to get grad transfers. That is false. He is trying. He's reached out to more grad transfer than traditional transfers. If grad transfers aren't interested, the concern isn't Wojo's interest in grad transfer, its in the recruit's interest in coming here.

I would council more patience with Egor. Two weeks ago, NO ONE knew that Egor was going to take a visit to Gainesville. Last week, NO ONE knew that Iowa State was getting a visit from Egor. I know some recruits broadcast their every move. Egor isn't like that.

Trust me, I'm tracking every single grad transfer and traditional transfer. A vast majority haven't set any visits yet. Transfermania lasts a couple of months. We're only in week two.
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »

So if there isn't 100% proof, why are you drawing assumptions like this:

MU seems to be focusing more on transfers(morrow, Moore etc), then they are grad transfers, and I'm not really sure why.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »

So if there isn't 100% proof, why are you drawing assumptions like this:

Because we have MORE proof that's where their focus is whether it be an article by Matty v, or a twitter follow by one of the coaches, there's more proof of that, then grad transfer interest. Nelson following Moore on Twitter, the in home with Jemarl Baker, Matty V reporting they were going to see Morrow before the spring signing period.

We have heard NOTHING concrete on Egor, and only an offer to Cam Johnson, but then an in home visit list didn't have MU. Where the yare focusing(traditional transfers), seems really perplexing to me.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2017, 07:33:56 PM »
Because we have MORE proof that's where their focus is whether it be an article by Matty v, or a twitter follow by one of the coaches, there's more proof of that, then grad transfer interest. Nelson following Moore on Twitter, the in home with Jemarl Baker, Matty V reporting they were going to see Morrow before the spring signing period.

We have heard NOTHING concrete on Egor, and only an offer to Cam Johnson, but then an in home visit list didn't have MU. Where the yare focusing(traditional transfers), seems really perplexing to me.
Wojo doesn't know sheet about landing quality Grad transfers...probably on vacation with no cell for a week or two.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2017, 07:42:45 PM »
FWIW...Dodds states MU is not pursuing Egor.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
FWIW...Dodds states MU is not pursuing Egor.
Not sure where he said that(he hasn't said it on his board)...but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't. Pretty sad they wouldn't be after the best grad transfer on the market, but everyone seems to trust all of Wojo's decisions so..

*But if it comes out that they aren't pursuing him, then people owe me an apology as it would then appear Wojo isn't interested in grad transfers this year(because if you aren't interested in Koulachev there's a problem, he's the best out there), which I have stated all the tea leaves seem to suggest*