collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UNC Recruit (??) Arrested For Robbery, Appears In Court In MU Tee and Shorts  (Read 3294 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Lincoln Park Hoops Star says he had a full ride to UNC.  No proof that was actually the case.

Recent high school grad accused of multiple robberies
The Chicago Tribune
July 15, 2017

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-peps-standout-robbery-20170715-story.html

A recent Lincoln Park High School graduate was ordered held on $150,000 bail Saturday in connection to a recent string of strongarm robberies in the Lakeview neighborhood.

Bryce K. McGill, 18, faces multiple counts of robbery and one count of aggravated robbery for several street robberies, at least three taking place on July 6 in the Boystown enclave in Lakeview, prosecutors said at the Leighton Criminal Court Building.

Saturday’s hearing took an emotional turn when McGill’s court-appointed attorney told the court during mitigation that McGill had graduated from high school last month and had received a full scholarship to the University of North Carolina.

A spokeswoman for UNC-Chapel Hill said they had no record of McGill being an applicant or enrollee at the school.

“UNC? Full ride?” Judge Peggy Chiampas asked loudly in the courtroom. “I need a break,” she said before briefly storming from the courtroom for a brief recess.

After returning, with McGill’s parents and two younger siblings looking on, the judge spoke of the frustration of regularly speaking with grade school and high school students about the importance of education, only to have a young man throw it all away.

“I don’t know what to say,” Chiampas said, throwing up her hands at the young man dressed in a Marquette T-shirt and shorts.

She said if he had a scholarship it could be easily taken away from him.

“Young man, that was gold in your hands, and I’m going to pray that it might still be available to you,” Chiampas said.
She ordered McGill's family to provide proof of his scholarship at a hearing scheduled for next week.

Tugg Speedman

• All American

MU82

• All American
This is a classic. What a clown.

I do hope he gets a second chance, but with a caveat: One more, you're doing serious time.

We used to live in Lakeview. Glad I was never punched in the face.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Well, to be fair, the real UNC athletes are also in fantasy classes.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified

This was my first reaction
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American

Love it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
In response to an inquiry from CWBChicago, UNC spokesperson Kate Luck this morning stated, "We have no record of an applicant or enrollee by the name of Bryce McGill at UNC-Chapel Hill."
It appears that McGill and his attorney will have some explaining to do when he returns to court on Friday.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2017/07/lincoln-park-hoops-star-charged-in.html

4everwarriors

• All American
Any y'all no if he wuz a Bumstead recruitin' target, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GB Warrior

• All American
I'm sorry, but that is awful journalism to mention Marquette anywhere in this article. Marquette GC should send them a nastygram

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
I'm sorry, but that is awful journalism to mention Marquette anywhere in this article. Marquette GC should send them a nastygram

I wondered why the author felt the need to include that detail.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American

I'm going to guess the author was trying to point out the inconsistency of a kid in court claiming to have a UNC full ride while he was dressed head-to-toe in Marquette gear.

GB Warrior

• All American
I'm going to guess the author was trying to point out the inconsistency of a kid in court claiming to have a UNC full ride while he was dressed head-to-toe in Marquette gear.

Ok, this is a fair point. But there are better ways to do that than associate Marquette with criminal activity, and the author didn't really hammer that point home. If we wanted that, we woulda just kept Buzz aina?

feedback