Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU vs. Colorado  (Read 15168 times)

MUMountin

• All American
Re: MU vs. Colorado
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2024, 10:08:52 PM »
How is Colorado a 10 seed when every metric I see has them as a 4/5? Kam's gonna need to score 30+

CU isn’t really a 10 seed, talent-wise. They were a top 25ish team preseason, but had a lot of injury problems and had a few resulting lulls during the season that knocked them down a bit.  But they’ve been playing well down the stretch and are likely closer to a 6 or 7 seed talent-wise.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2024, 10:12:32 PM »
Colorado has three potential NBA draft picks including a likely lottery pick on their roster. They are more talented than your typical 10-seed.  But they'll be playing their 3rd game in 5 days. Also due to injuries their rotation is 5 guys, a hobbled Cody Williams, and 2 warm bodies. Run em into the ground and win by double digits. Leggo
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2024, 10:28:15 PM »
Colorado has three potential NBA draft picks including a likely lottery pick on their roster. They are more talented than your typical 10-seed.  But they'll be playing their 3rd game in 5 days. Also due to injuries their rotation is 5 guys, a hobbled Cody Williams, and 2 warm bodies. Run em into the ground and win by double digits. Leggo

Florida attempted to run them into the ground and gave up over 100.

They’re 18-22 year olds. They don’t need a ton of recovery time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2024, 10:30:34 PM »
Not quite as strong defensively, but they can definitely beat us, especially if we play like the end of the first half today. 

No kidding. Georgetown could beat us if we played like we did at the end of the first half today.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2024, 10:39:52 PM »

Florida is terrible defensively and can’t force turnovers which Colorado begs you to do.

We could lose, but the matchup is just fine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2024, 10:41:42 PM »
Florida is terrible defensively and can’t force turnovers which Colorado begs you to do.

I think we win. But there are a lot of teams this weekend that should’ve won and didn’t. I’m not sure running them into the ground is the best game plan. I trust our half court offense more than our transition game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2024, 10:44:30 PM »
Games are supposed to get tougher as you advance. Colorado is a good team.

That said, looking at the kind of teams that usually give us trouble - big, physical teams that crush the boards and punish TK - Colorado isn’t that.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2024, 10:45:29 PM »

That said, looking at the kind of teams that usually give us trouble - big, physical teams that crush the boards and punish TK - Colorado isn’t that.

Bingo.  Just beat the next team
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2024, 10:58:39 PM »
God, the way people are posting here you’d think Marquette should just pack up and head home.

It’s the NCAA tournament, anything can happen… including us making a final four.
 I get it Colo is an above average 10 seed. But we’ve been a top 10 team in the country all freaking year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2024, 11:04:29 PM »

They also scored 100. We're a lot better defensively than Florida is and on par offensively. We're also 5-0 in games with 74+ possessions. We're 17-3 in games with 69+ possessions (9-6 in games with 68 or less). Track meets are good for us.

They don't. But they need more after a season's worth of injuries especially a player playing on a bum ankle.
TAMU

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2024, 11:05:25 PM »
God, the way people are posting here you’d think Marquette should just pack up and head home.

It’s the NCAA tournament, anything can happen… including us making a final four.
 I get it Colo is an above average 10 seed. But we’ve been a top 10 team in the country all freaking year.

We are Marquette Golden Worriers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2024, 11:06:25 PM »

???

Bingo.  Just beat the next team

I think we win. But there are a lot of teams this weekend that should’ve won and didn’t. I’m not sure running them into the ground is the best game plan. I trust our half court offense more than our transition game.

TAMU

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2024, 11:47:51 PM »
When is the time usally released
tipoff is 1pm EST

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2024, 11:59:27 PM »
I hadn’t seen much of Colorado before today but I know 2 things from watching them and the rest of the tournament.

1. The PAC 12 was underrated

2. Colorado can really shoot the ball.
The PAC 12 was underrated?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2024, 12:14:41 AM »
FWIW DraftKings app says tip is 6:00 PM Sunday. Not sure how reliable that is.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:39:14 AM by TallTitan34 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2024, 02:40:23 AM »
LFG!!!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2024, 05:54:33 AM »
Colorado probably thinks we are a tough matchup.

Lampkin is good but slow and on his 3rd game in 5 days. Could be slow back on transition.

Feel like if every team doesn’t bring their  A game at this level, that team is going home.
Yes. We need to give Lumpkin lumps by running his ass off.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2024, 06:35:30 AM »
Of the 16 games this weekend, the smallest spread is 3.5 (Marquette v Colorado and UNC v Michigan State).  We are the Rodney Dangerfield of college basketball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2024, 07:05:29 AM »
It's a small thing, but Colorado having to play their third game in five days that early should help us. That's a pretty quick turnaround for them.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2024, 07:12:05 AM »
Marquette has lost one game in the last two months when playing at full strength - and it was to the best team in the country at their place. If they play their game, they will be fine. This team is better than Colorado.

They may not play their game, in which case it will be a struggle like last year. But there is nothing we can do about that. So there is no reason to worry or fret. Just enjoy the ride.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2024, 07:47:28 AM »
Marquette has lost one game in the last two months when playing at full strength - and it was to the best team in the country at their place. If they play their game, they will be fine. This team is better than Colorado.

They may not play their game, in which case it will be a struggle like last year. But there is nothing we can do about that. So there is no reason to worry or fret. Just enjoy the ride.

This is kind of where I am at as well. Every time I think about Marquette losing I resort back to we went toe to toe with Uconn twice without Kolek. The team needs to play better than yesterday clearly, but I have no doubt they will win tomorrow.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2024, 08:16:46 AM »
It is a good thing that free throws do not matter.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2024, 08:17:15 AM »

To be fair,  while Marquette has won 12 of 13 with Kolek, Colorado has also won 10 of 11. Both teams are playing well.
TAMU

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2024, 08:27:51 AM »
The blue haze over downtown Indy is the second hand bong smoke from CU.

feedback