'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A question answerted.  (Read 2234 times)

rgoode57

• Starter
A question answerted.
« on: March 10, 2024, 10:13:54 AM »
Well, now we know who the point guard will be next year. After yesterday's game, there is no doubt that Kam (assuming he returns) will be the point guard. That, of course, is based on the belief that it will take Sean Jones time to rehab, get up to speed, and get over the "mental" part of the injury. Obviously, Kam is fully capable of playing the point and does it very well.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: A question answerted.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:22:38 AM »
Well, now we know who the point guard will be next year. After yesterday's game, there is no doubt that Kam (assuming he returns) will be the point guard. That, of course, is based on the belief that it will take Sean Jones time to rehab, get up to speed, and get over the "mental" part of the injury. Obviously, Kam is fully capable of playing the point and does it very well.

50/50 he’s back
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 12:11:19 PM »

Totally agree he can play points. He would be great there. But he is a shooting guard. If we have Sean, use him there and spell him with Kam.

But, I also think he declares. His career is basketball. Be it NBA (hope so) or overseas. That's where he will make his best living. He has the skills, of course he has to make his own luck with character things. But that's his long term future.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 12:14:21 PM »
Oh boy we're in trouble if Kam doesn't return. I want to see him run the show for a full year, it'd be very entertaining (and better for mubb).

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 12:19:52 PM »
If Kam finishes the year playing like he has the past few weeks (which would only be a good thing for MU), I could absolutely see him declaring.  If he comes back next year, barring injury, he’ll be one of the top returning players in CBB and a potential first-team AA.  Either way, he’s put himself in a great position.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 12:34:22 PM »
If Kam comes back then you can recruit another shooting guard as Mitchell and Ross can play small forward.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 02:57:43 PM »
I can pretty much guarentee that Kam will declare.  But I can almost pretty much guarentee that he will come back. No reason for him to not go get feedback
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 02:59:33 PM »
I would say that there certainly is doubt.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 03:10:46 PM »
50/50 he’s back

Yeah,  I hope Shaka and staff didn’t make a mistake not honoring him on Senior day.  I would think they have a really good feel for his wishes to pursue a professional career after this year or not.  The NIL money will be his for the taking.  I’m sure he’ll get a nice raise.  It will be his time to be the alpha.  No more Kolek and Oso shadow.   Will be interesting to see if the staff miscalculated.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 03:12:39 PM »
Yeah,  I hope Shaka and staff didn’t make a mistake not honoring him on Senior day.  I would think they have a really good feel for his wishes to pursue a professional career after this year or not.  The NIL money will be his for the taking.  I’m sure he’ll get a nice raise.  It will be his time to be the alpha.  No more Kolek and Oso shadow.   Will be interesting to see if the staff miscalculated.

I’m not worried about him going elsewhere.  More worried he goes pro.

I only say this because I expect him to go on a tourney heater
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 03:14:28 PM »
Hope he doesn’t pull a DJ Carton

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »

I agree with you. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2024, 03:17:28 PM »

Shaka miscalculated by not honoring a Junior on Senior day?   That’s a new one for scoop. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2024, 03:17:55 PM »
I can pretty much guarentee that Kam will declare.  But I can almost pretty much guarentee that he will come back. No reason for him to not go get feedback

If he declares he's not coming back. Becoming increasingly rare for guys to do that.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2024, 03:20:35 PM »
Shaka miscalculated by not honoring a Junior on Senior day?   That’s a new one for scoop.

Ha! I guess you are right on that.  I was thinking the other two had one more year of eligibility left as well.  But you are 100% correct. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 03:22:29 PM »
If he declares he's not coming back. Becoming increasingly rare for guys to do that.

No its not
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 03:36:06 PM »
Some posts in this thread, man..

This site is always a good time

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 03:38:24 PM »

What a bizarre comparison.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2024, 03:39:15 PM »

Completely disagree.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2024, 03:40:41 PM »

100% this.

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2024, 04:05:53 PM »

I don’t think Kam’s mom will be ripping our fans on Twitter anytime soon.  Actually, now that I think of it, let’s hope Oso doesn’t pull a Theo John!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2024, 04:07:17 PM »
Go to Duke?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2024, 04:08:02 PM »
Go to Duke?

Tell a fan on Twitter to “STFU”.  At least, I’m pretty it was Theo who did that.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2024, 04:09:20 PM »
50/50 he’s back

Agree, either he is or is not

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2024, 05:10:20 PM »

I agree he's getting very hot and confident at the right time. Man is a walking bucket right now.

I think we're lucky that the NBA is filled with 2 guards that can get buckets at will

Zog from Margo

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2024, 05:24:54 PM »
Asking Kam to be the primary scorer and the PG for an entire season is asking a lot.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2024, 05:30:59 PM »
Some posts in this thread, man..

Word. I think some folks here are still inebriated after celebrating last night's win.

Kam could make it in the NBA. He's not small,  he's a 40% 3P shooter with tremendous range, he can shoot while closely guarded, he's very creative around the basket, and he's got decent ballhandling ability.

I do believe Kam would make himself more attractive to NBA teams were he to return to Marquette and play  a lot of PG next season. But I certainly wouldn't blame him for going after this season if he gets the right vibe from NBA types.

Selfishly, I hope he stays because he's so much fun to watch. But I can say that about Oso and TK, too. They have dreams and reachable goals, though, so that's great for them.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2024, 05:40:02 PM »
Asking Kam to be the primary scorer and the PG for an entire season is asking a lot.

I think we had one of those, didn't we? Not the Shaka way.

Agree with this and MU 82's post above.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2024, 05:40:30 PM »
Some posts in EVERY thread, man..

This site is always a good time

FIFY
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2024, 07:33:59 PM »
This thread is hilarious!

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2024, 08:03:16 AM »
I certainly do not pretend to understand the NBA anymore, but it is true that shooting guards are all over the place. Perhaps it would be wise for Kam to spend a final year at MU honing point guard skills. But, one way or the other, he has a future in pro ball, so it will be interesting to see what he decides. You would think the coaching staff has a pretty good idea of his plans, but I still believe that Omax becoming a first round pick caught them by surprise.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 08:34:49 AM »

Tyler says hi.