Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Possible Transfers?  (Read 10596 times)

rgoode57

• Starter
Possible Transfers?
« on: February 17, 2022, 02:59:48 PM »
In this new transfer era, it would be a miracle if Shaka did not lose at least one player to the transfer portal after the season even though everyone except Ellis is getting playing time and making some contributions within the roles they have carved out for themselves. But, that doesn't mean one or two of them won't opt for the "grass is greener" philosophy. Who would you guess is the most likely to transfer?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Possible Transfers?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 03:10:59 PM »
In this new transfer era, it would be a miracle if Shaka did not lose at least one player to the transfer portal after the season even though everyone except Ellis is getting playing time and making some contributions within the roles they have carved out for themselves. But, that doesn't mean one or two of them won't opt for the "grass is greener" philosophy. Who would you guess is the most likely to transfer?

Such a crapshoot trying to guess what’s in a player’s mind these days. The only one that wouldn’t surprise me is Ellis. Anything else would seem out of the blue, given the likelihood of playing time down the road.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 03:12:52 PM »

I don’t wanna speculate. Cause I wanna enjoy the season.

But EE is likely to Bounce (which wouldn’t be cool cause I think he’s gonna be real solid!). There is an actual podcast I listened to recently where he mentioned he’s only here cause of Shaka and doesn’t like Milwaukee.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 10:03:00 PM »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 10:21:49 PM »
The team has a bunch of guys that have the same amount of eligibility remaining, so something will likely have to give at some point. It’s not a bad thing. Guys want to find a good fit for themselves. For now, I’m just enjoying this group and I’m sure there will be some moving parts in the off-season. Worry about that when the time comes.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
I transferred some money from my checking to my savings today. #transferalert
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 10:14:02 AM »
Realistically they can all transfer or go "pro". Though Kolek and Omax would have to sit out a year if they did transfer. Should be interesting to see what teams get decimated with transfers and which teams can hold onto a core of players.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 10:15:13 AM »
Transfer Pizza in Bay View is delicious.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 10:30:08 AM »
Fardaws Aimaq seems most likely. I think the only current player that might look to leave as a transfer is Greg if he decides he wants a Jamal Cain like role elsewhere. I expect everyone else to stay.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2022, 10:42:52 AM »
Fardaws Aimaq seems most likely. I think the only current player that might look to leave as a transfer is Greg if he decides he wants a Jamal Cain like role elsewhere. I expect everyone else to stay.

I agree 100%. I think there's a chance EE leaves and potentially Greg. Can't picture anyone else going. Would love to add Aimaq...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2022, 11:26:40 AM »

What is this referring to Brew? Has he announced he's transferring?  Pretty low level he plays, but some monster numbers this year. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:29:02 AM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

EasyDuzIt

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2022, 11:27:15 AM »
I don’t wanna speculate. Cause I wanna enjoy the season.

But EE is likely to Bounce (which wouldn’t be cool cause I think he’s gonna be real solid!). There is an actual podcast I listened to recently where he mentioned he’s only here cause of Shaka and doesn’t like Milwaukee.

I have a hard time believing he would say he doesn't like Milwaukee lol...what podcast i wanna hear this

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »
Would FA need to sit since he’s already transferred once?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 11:43:59 AM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 11:47:00 AM »
Would FA need to sit since he’s already transferred once?

He's likely a traditional grad transfer as he's been in college for 4 years. So my guess is no.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 11:49:35 AM »
I have a hard time believing he would say he doesn't like Milwaukee lol...what podcast i wanna hear this

It’s the crime
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 11:54:23 AM »
He's likely a traditional grad transfer as he's been in college for 4 years. So my guess is no.

Definitely not a traditional.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 12:12:49 PM »
No way of knowing.

I think almost as many guys transfer for non-basketball related reasons as do for on-court issues.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 12:30:35 PM »
It’s the crime

Why would anyone have a hard time believing a kid doesn’t like Milwaukee?  I lived there for four years and couldn’t wait to leave.  The city blows, especially this time of year.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 12:33:17 PM by bradforster »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 12:32:41 PM »
Why would you have a hard time believing that?  I lived there for four years and couldn’t wait to leave.  The city blows, especially this time of year.

Where were you from before attending MU?  EE is from Davenport, Iowa. I can't imagine Davenport has more to offer than Milwaukee.  Perhaps he's comparing MKE to his impressions of Austin, TX.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 12:36:26 PM »
I enjoyed my time at Marquette but I would not live in Milwaukee again if you paid me 500 grand a year.  I will take my current spot - Dallas - and the one before it - Nashville - all day every day.  I love the school, the program and the arena.  The city is a dump.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 12:50:39 PM »
I don't like living in MKE and only hear because of Shaka!!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 12:54:47 PM »
I enjoyed my time at Marquette but I would not live in Milwaukee again if you paid me 500 grand a year.  I will take my current spot - Dallas - and the one before it - Nashville - all day every day.  I love the school, the program and the arena.  The city is a dump.

OK, I'm an ex-Nashvillian, Marquette grad and former Chicagoan. I'd go back in a minute if I thought Milwaukee could get its fiscal house in order and attract some new employers. The chasm between rich and poor in Milwaukee is awful.

Nashville has growing pains. The Nashville I knew is largely gone, replaced by grotesque urban development.

All of that said, a city is what you make of it. If you complain about it being devoid of interest, a dump, etc., you'll miss out. If you dive in and take what each has, you'll do well.

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
I miss Milwaukee every day. Twice as much in the summer. You wanna see a real dump try San Antonio.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 12:59:52 PM »
What is this referring to Brew? Has he announced he's transferring?  Pretty low level he plays, but some monster numbers this year.

Has this kid visited MU?

feedback