[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lazar Sighting in Salt Lake City  (Read 3497 times)

RideMyBuycks

• All American
Lazar Sighting in Salt Lake City
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
Playing in garbage time. "Out of that asketball machine that is Marquette Univetisty" "they do just a great job of turning out NBA talent" ...just a few of the quotes from the local minny announcers.

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
Re: Lazar Sighting in Salt Lake City
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »
did he see any ghosts?

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »
did he see any ghosts?

The 3 he jacked up looked like he was trying to knock one out of the sky

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
did he see any ghosts?

I like that people are making fun of Hayward for doing whatever spiritual stuff he does when a whole bunch of you pray to some mythical sky spirit.  Not only that, but you give a lot of money to the people that own the buildings and run the company that claim to be his earthly ambassadors.

Throwing stones and such, imo.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
I like that people are making fun of Hayward for doing whatever spiritual stuff he does when a whole bunch of you pray to some mythical sky spirit.  Not only that, but you give a lot of money to the people that own the buildings and run the company that claim to be his earthly ambassadors.

This is absolutely priceless.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
I hope this turns into a 10 page thread just so I can read all the responses to that comment.  Come on scoopers, time to get weird

leever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »

You know you're going to get blasted on this one, right?

But seriously, it's fun to poke at Lazar for 'coming out' with his somewhat quirky beliefs.  Yes, most of the posters here do believe in God.  Most may also believe that Moses and prophets spoke to God and/or passed down the word of God.  Probably most believe in life after death in some form or another.

So why is it such a long stretch that some people may be able to "talk to dead people"?

Most importantly, is there a game this weekend?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »
So why is it such a long stretch that some people may be able to "talk to dead people"?

Especially with Lazar's bro passing away 6-or-so years ago.  People try to find strength somewhere, especially during trying times.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
If only Skat could have closed with a prediction of when the world would end.

I saw the local Twin Cities news coverage of the Hayward signing by the Wolves.  The interview was nothing but Lazar talking about the spirits he has seen and the "mediums" and psychics he's been working with in LA.  When they cut back the anchors they were basically laughing and rolling their eyes.  

I read the Wolves blog, which gave a nice analysis of the signing, insight on Lazar's prospects with the Wolves, and some perspective on his spirituality.  The link is below for anyone who is interested, but in summary:

- Hayward had flashes of success as a rookie with the Wolves so there is some familiarity there.
- The Wolves were likely targeting James Anderson to fill Josh Howard's spot, so don't be surprised if Hayward is let go if Minny can find someone with more offensive upside.
- Whether or not you believe in psychics, there's no reason to hold it against Lazar for doing something that puts him at peace and helps him understand life.  My take is that I don't mind this interest by Hayward since most NBA players, including Josh Howard by his own admission, would prefer to smoke weed for this purpose.  No one seems to mind that.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2012/12/timberwolves-sign-lazar-hayward/#more-1460

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

shannonboyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
Here in the Great Basin Desert locals are noted for scrounging around for fungi that enable one to deal with life in this harsh, forbidding world. I have been on dry whiskey hunts and thoroughly enjoy the teas and soups we brew in celebration of life in an austere, unforgiving yet beautiful environment. It is important to say that relatives of the Great Basin vegetation are found in the Columbia Basin. Zags have long enjoyed Saturday afternoon expeditions for white mule and devil's root that serve as the basis for some electrifying soups. One benefit of being in the same conference is that Marquette students travelling to Spokane can join in on these scrounges. A strong mugga before the game gives one a whole new perspective on the action.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
Here in the Great Basin Desert locals are noted for scrounging around for fungi that enable one to deal with life in this harsh, forbidding world. I have been on dry whiskey hunts and thoroughly enjoy the teas and soups we brew in celebration of life in an austere, unforgiving yet beautiful environment. It is important to say that relatives of the Great Basin vegetation are found in the Columbia Basin. Zags have long enjoyed Saturday afternoon expeditions for white mule and devil's root that serve as the basis for some electrifying soups. One benefit of being in the same conference is that Marquette students travelling to Spokane can join in on these scrounges. A strong mugga before the game gives one a whole new perspective on the action.

A haiku would be better.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 06:13:39 PM »

I guess you took that pretty personally. Do you see ghosts too? What do they tell you?

Anyway, it was just a joke. I'm happy for him and whatever he communicates that helps him be at peace, whether it's Casper the Friendly Ghost, a "mystical sky spirit" or Ghostfaced Killa. I'm all for being at peace and having your mind at ease, so you can focus on the important stuff in life.

Speaking of which, don't we have a game to play this weekend?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »

A haiku would be better.
I would say this whole alternate personality thing is getting weird, but it was weird about 4 personalities ago.