collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Breaking Bad: Better Call Saul  (Read 46855 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Breaking Bad: Better Call Saul
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »
The Sopranos was great, but the ending of the last episode WAS THE WORST!! Suckiest ever!!

That title was just taken over by Dexter. Worst Episode Ever.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
I was afraid to come to this thread until last night since I wasn't caught up until the hour before the finale.

Great show. Could not recommend it more.  Dexter was bad after season 4.  Game of Thrones is great, but the books are in another class.  Didn't know Homeland started last night, but I will have to watch it on demand today or tomorrow... great first season... not so high on season two.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »
This was the ending I hoped for Dexter.

This was a very good ending.  Just dark enough, while Walt takes responsibility, bad guys get what's coming to them and the better people (Skyler, Jesse, Walter, Jr.) get some (not enough) help.   

Sequel to Breaking Bad:  Marie turns into a badass vigilante.  She is left holding the bag.  You could work Saul into it, but I don't think he can carry the storyline by himself.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »

Sequel to Breaking Bad:  Marie turns into a badass vigilante.  She is left holding the bag.  You could work Saul into it, but I don't think he can carry the storyline by himself.

Too late, she's already playing Michael J. Fox's wife in another series.  I don't envision much room for badass.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:09:41 PM by Archies Bat »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
Too late, she's already playing Michael J. Fox's wife in another series.  I don't envision much room for basass.
I am not predicting a long life for that show.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
I was afraid to come to this thread until last night since I wasn't caught up until the hour before the finale.

Great show. Could not recommend it more.  Dexter was bad after season 4.  Game of Thrones is great, but the books are in another class.  Didn't know Homeland started last night, but I will have to watch it on demand today or tomorrow... great first season... not so high on season two.

I like Homeland very much. Thought the season opener last night was a disappointing snooze.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
Anyone watch the Talking Bad show after the finale last night? Anna Gunn looked pretty hot

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
Anyone watch the Talking Bad show after the finale last night? Anna Gunn looked pretty hot

Indeed.  Something about her voice bringing me thoughts of Skyler almost ruins it tho.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
This was the ending I hoped for Dexter.

This was a very good ending.  Just dark enough, while Walt takes responsibility, bad guys get what's coming to them and the better people (Skyler, Jesse, Walter, Jr.) get some (not enough) help.   

Sequel to Breaking Bad:  Marie turns into a badass vigilante.  She is left holding the bag.  You could work Saul into it, but I don't think he can carry the storyline by himself.

Kinda crazy that Jesse was supposed to die at the end of Season 1 and ends up being one of the people that lives.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »

She was more attractive in the earlier seasons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
Great finale. Great series that will be greatly missed.

BB's finale might not have been up there with those of Mary Tyler Moore, Six Feet Under and a few others, but decidedly better than the vast majority.

Dexter's finale matched its last season or two: quite unsatisfying. I watched to the end because I still think it was better than most series, but it had very high standards to live up to and failed to do it.

Having said that, Dexter's finale was no worse than those of Sopranos, MASH and Seinfeld, to name a few great shows that didn't know how to end.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »
Best finale ever:  M*A*S*H

Worst finale ever:  Seinfeld
Have some patience, FFS.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »
The best finale ever was for a show called "Freaks and Geeks."

The worst was The Sopranos.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2013, 03:35:10 PM »
This guy wouldn't know how to use paragraphs or HTML to save his life, but it was a pretty interesting take on the end of the Sopranos for me:

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
The best finale ever was for a show called "Freaks and Geeks."

That doesn't count.  They weren't sure it was going to be a final show.  It got cancelled after one season.

Awesome TV series, though.  I bought the entire thing on DVD (pre-Netflix) and turned my kids onto it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:30:25 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
She was more attractive in the earlier seasons.

Supposedly she was ill with an undisclosed disease which required cortisone.  The cortisone made her gain weight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/anna-gunn-explains-weight-loss-breaking-bad-final-season-article-1.1465924

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013, 08:52:05 PM »
Prediction,  Walt dies by his own hand after something horrible happens i.e one of his family members meets their maker,  my guess is Skyler.  Ricin is for Lydia, Jesse kills a bunch of Nazis via some kind of explosion he cooks up in the lab, Walt is there while that is going on, helps Jesse... Walt kills Uncle Jack,  while Jesse kills Todd.

Jesse leads police to shootout sight in the desert,  they find the cell phone with the fake Jesse photo,  assume he is dead,  and police eventually find the DVD of Walt,  and assume Hank was involved.

Woah, pretty freakin' good. I almost might have liked this better.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
Best finale ever:  M*A*S*H

Worst finale ever:  Seinfeld

Disagree completely. I thought Seinfeld's finale was genius. Brought together all the characters that breathed life and laughs into the show for so many years, and brought the show full-circle by making the last joke told the same as the first joke of the first episode. One of the best finales I've seen.

Breaking Bad's finale was excellent as well, I felt. They wrapped it up perfectly. Walt gets his money to his family, Jesse lives, and Walt fulfills the doctor's promise from the first episode that he was on borrowed time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Disagree completely. I thought Seinfeld's finale was genius. Brought together all the characters that breathed life and laughs into the show for so many years, and brought the show full-circle by making the last joke told the same as the first joke of the first episode. One of the best finales I've seen.

Breaking Bad's finale was excellent as well, I felt. They wrapped it up perfectly. Walt gets his money to his family, Jesse lives, and Walt fulfills the doctor's promise from the first episode that he was on borrowed time.

Hey, even Jerry has playfully ribbed himself and Larry David for it being a bad finale.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2013, 12:57:27 PM »
We watch a lot of Seinfeld, but there are two episodes I always watch. The one where George "leads the way" out of the fire and the finale. I really enjoyed it. The premise was silly, but it was a comedy. Just felt like they really closed the circle well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »
We watch a lot of Seinfeld, but there are two episodes I always watch. The one where George "leads the way" out of the fire and the finale. I really enjoyed it. The premise was silly, but it was a comedy. Just felt like they really closed the circle well.

"The Contest".

One of the best sitcom episodes ever.
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
"The Contest".

One of the best sitcom episodes ever.

Agreed. But the best Seinfeld episode was "The Marine Biologist"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
Agreed. But the best Seinfeld episode was "The Marine Biologist"

"The Sea was angry, my friends!"
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »
Like an old man trying to return soup at a deli  :)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013, 01:38:52 PM »
The Seinfeld finale was like a greatest hits album.

You might not love it when it comes out, but when you are feeling nostalgic, it's there for you.