collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Warriors represented on WGN during cubs pirates game  (Read 12334 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: MU Warriors represented on WGN during cubs pirates game
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »
First, I would like to start off saying that naturally another thread nothing about the Brewers was hijacked by the insecurity and sheer envy that exists in Chicago's largest suburb known as Milwaukee.

Second, 'drunks' are Wrigley happen. I apologize people feel they can come to our field and have a good time. This consists of 20% of the population, but I don't mind it. They are paying for their ticket and they can enjoy the game in any matter in which they choose. The Brewers should wish they had such a base to draw from. Also, I love how this notion of 'drunks' exist merely at Wrigley.The sad fact is the parking lot is filled with drunks, and Miller Park has now stopped letting those drunks sit in the parking lot and drink without tickets. Nothing beats 'The Douche' Bill Schroeder having to explain to the puny Brewers TV market that the fans are still out in the parking lot rather than being in their seats for the game. But you're right, I'd rather have the typical 300 pound Wisconsinite at Miller Park getting mustard everywhere on his sixth bratwurst who is only at the game because the Brewers have to run some gimmick promotion to get the apathetic state of Wisconsin to actually spend the $10 to get a ticket to the game.

I mean really Milwaukee... do you really have anything to say? Your town was rated the worst place for an athlete to play, your fans never show up, and your TV market draw is one of the league's worst.

Small-market wannabes. frack you Milwaukee, and frack you Wisconsin.

Hey, oh wait, this is better than bobbleheads, I didn't know the disgusting and mediocre fanbase here needed something else to go to a baseball game: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=740467

fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk you Milwaukee.

actually, if you look at the top, a Cubs fan hijacked this thread to make a shot at the Cardinals... I think I was the first Brewers fan to make a post, and just made a fun smack-talk to both Cubs and Cards fans, nothing serious, and then a Cubs fan took it far by throwing shots at Brewer fans, players, ballpark, etc.  Cubs fans aren't holier than thou like you make them out to be, and make Brewer fans dirtier then Lindsay Lohan on a Friday night.

If Brewer fans have insecurities, Cubs fans are self-conscious about everything, and want everyone to know that they are a Cub fan, and that this year(or the next, hell make it 20 years down the road) is their year.

You make fun of the city of Milwaukee, say it was voted the "worst place" for an athlete to play, but then cheer on Marquette basketball, and would love 5 star recruits to come to this "worst place for an athlete to play", huh?

I am sorry that we don't have 7 million people in our city, I am sorry that going to Miller Park isn't a social place (although I will argue that it in fact is), I am sorry we don't constantly sell out our stadium, I am sorry that our team management has promotions for the fans, to appreciate them making it out to the game, and that the Cubs are "too good" for that (although I am sure the Cubs have promotions too, you just keep it hush hush, because in your mind, you like to think the Cubs fans are the best fans in the world).  Actually, my friend who runs the bat stand at Miller Park, and has for over 6 years now, hates it when the Cubs come to town, why you ask? because of your fans.  He states that it is only when Cubs fans are in town where they try to steal the show bats on the table, and he has to constantly run down dumb Chicago fans in their Mark Prior jersey as they think they will get away, only to run into security.

Why do you think Cub fans are so much better then any other fan in the world?  Because they stick with their over-paid crapty team for 100 years now without a result?  Yeah the Brewers haven't been to the post-season in 26 years now, but you know what, I am ok with that, I don't shout "next year is our year", I don't talk up the big free agent signing that will be paid about 15 million more then was needed.  Your stadium is falling apart, they are thinking about changing the name, your team constantly loses, you have a washed up manager who is the Bobby Knight of MLB without the results. 

But it is ok, bash Milwaukee, tell us to f off, I mean you are only on a forum that is based on a college from Milwaukee, no big deal.

Give me a break, Brewer fans are insecure and envious, of what?  Your crapty logo, crapty team, and constant L's on the board, yup, I extremely wish I had that, oh by the way, go do the Soriano dance, and then proceed to hurt yourself.

If that garbage isn't look at me, look at me, I don't know what is... oh wait, maybe the Sammy Sosa dance after he hit a homerun, and then his stupid hand movements when he got to the dugout. 

Go back to Chicago, we don't want people like you in this state anyways.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Well this has offically turned into a pissing match!   Let's get it on!

Cubs Fan

Brewers Fan

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
You have a it a little wrong:

And were did you find that picture of a Dale Jr. fan you are pathetically trying to pass off as Brewers fan?
But I like to throw handfuls...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »
Three of those pictures were taken while we were in the playoffs. 

I tried to find some pictures of Brewer fans at a playoff game in the last 26 years but couldn't find any?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:46:08 PM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
And were did you find that picture of a Dale Jr. fan you are pathetically trying to pass off as Brewers fan?

I googled Brewers fan.  This is all that appeared.
http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/brewer-fan.jpg

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »

NICE!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »
Not sure if anyone remembers this, but Aramis hit the ball a long ways!  Oh yeah, that was against the brewers, they blew a 7 run lead!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
It was a 5 run lead, thank you very much!  ;)

Seriously though.... it's April guys. Let's wait for the Cards to come back to earth before we beat the hell out of each other for the Division :)

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
Not sure if anyone remembers this, but Aramis hit the ball a long ways!  Oh yeah, that was against the brewers, they blew a 7 run lead!

Turning point of the season last year

superfan1387

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
we always here from brewers fans about how the cubs are a giant choke job, look at this and tell me the brewers arent a bigger choke job...

6/22/07
Brewers 42-31 (8.5 game lead)
Cubs     33-39

8/1/07
Cubs 57-49
Brewers 58-50

Blowing a lead like that quickly, still makes me laugh

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »

NICE!

sports illustrated chose that, only way to make it better would be to put the best baseball logo in history on it...good old mb/ball&glove!!!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
sports illustrated chose that, only way to make it better would be to put the best baseball logo in history on it...good old mb/ball&glove!!!

the only concession i can make to this comment is the fact the Marissa Miller threw the first pitch at wrigley on friday, and boy is she the best thing to ever wear a cubs jersey:

http://www.on205th.com/2008/04/second-best-ceremonial-first-pitch-evar.html

(if someone could paste these pictures onto this wall, you would be awesome, regardless of who you cheer for.)
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
Turning point of the season last year

That was a great moment....I was stuck in Milwaukee for work and got to watch it at Bar Louie (chicago bar expansion)...there were a few other Cub fans there...great way to kick off the weekend!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 02:05:56 PM »
the only concession i can make to this comment is the fact the Marissa Miller threw the first pitch at wrigley on friday, and boy is she the best thing to ever wear a cubs jersey:

http://www.on205th.com/2008/04/second-best-ceremonial-first-pitch-evar.html

(if someone could paste these pictures onto this wall, you would be awesome, regardless of who you cheer for.)

I think we can all agree on that. Hats off to the Cubs for that one. Anyone know her connection to the Cubs?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »

I think we can all agree on that. Hats off to the Cubs for that one. Anyone know her connection to the Cubs?

She's hot, that's all the Cubs need.

Pat Hughes and Ron Santo had a great conversation about her on the radio the day before she was out there.

"You know, Ron, the PR people asked us yesterday if it would be alright for Marisa Miller to come up to the booth today. I said 'you know, we could probably squeeze her in.'"
"Well we could squeeze her alright..."
"Careful there, Ron."

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »
She's hot, that's all the Cubs need.

Pat Hughes and Ron Santo had a great conversation about her on the radio the day before she was out there.

"You know, Ron, the PR people asked us yesterday if it would be alright for Marisa Miller to come up to the booth today. I said 'you know, we could probably squeeze her in.'"
"Well we could squeeze her alright..."
"Careful there, Ron."

Haha. Fair enough. I'm with Santo on this one.