[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Warriors represented on WGN during cubs pirates game  (Read 12332 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
MU Warriors represented on WGN during cubs pirates game
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
The Two dildos that commentate during the cub's tv broadcasts had one of the blackhawks players in the booth, first name Adam, I didnt catch the last name, but I think laylean. They started to talk college and i guess one of the dip crap commentators (kasper?) went to MU (which makes him less of an dipcrap), while laylean went somewhere else affiliated with MU. But Laylean says your a golden eagle arent you and Kasper? says, yeah i went to Marquette, but i was a Warrior (making the only douchebag  quality of his that he is a cubs fan).

Being from St. Louis, i dont really care for the cubs, the blackhawks, the black sox and Old Style, but i thought that was pretty cool to have Warriors said on national tv.

to clear the air, I am watching this game this game only because i want to see the cubs lose to the pirates so my cardinals dont lose too much ground in the central.

-- your beloved cardinals fan,

Jay Bilas.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

drewm88

• All American
Re: MU Warriors represented on WGN during cubs pirates game
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »
The player was Adam Burish. Len brought up how Burish was from Madison and went to Wisconsin. Burish then said he had heard Len was a Marquette guy and asked if he was a Golden Eagle or a Warrior. Len said we were the Warriors when he was here and then brought up how we beat the Badgers this year.

Bilas--Enjoy your April. The Cubs will be there soon to send you back down the standings where you belong.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »
The Two dildos that commentate during the cub's tv broadcasts had one of the blackhawks players in the booth, first name Adam, I didnt catch the last name, but I think laylean. They started to talk college and i guess one of the dip crap commentators (kasper?) went to MU (which makes him less of an dipcrap), while laylean went somewhere else affiliated with MU. But Laylean says your a golden eagle arent you and Kasper? says, yeah i went to Marquette, but i was a Warrior (making the only douchebag  quality of his that he is a cubs fan).

Being from St. Louis, i dont really care for the cubs, the blackhawks, the black sox and Old Style, but i thought that was pretty cool to have Warriors said on national tv.

to clear the air, I am watching this game this game only because i want to see the cubs lose to the pirates so my cardinals dont lose too much ground in the central.

Jay Bilas.

wow, I hope you were drinking when you wrote that...

WhiteTron

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
WGN is hardly broadcasted to a national audience.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
WGN is hardly broadcasted to a national audience.

Huh?  I get WGN in Colorado on standard cable.  It's the "superstation" version so you don't get the local Chicago news, but you do get Cubs games.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
The player was Adam Burish. Len brought up how Burish was from Madison and went to Wisconsin. Burish then said he had heard Len was a Marquette guy and asked if he was a Golden Eagle or a Warrior. Len said we were the Warriors when he was here and then brought up how we beat the Badgers this year.

Bilas--Enjoy your April. The Cubs will be there soon to send you back down the standings where you belong.

yeah both the Cubs and the Cards can have sleepovers eating popcorn in September and October as they watch the Brewers play in the post-season. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
yeah both the Cubs and the Cards can have sleepovers eating popcorn in September and October as they watch the Brewers play in the post-season. 

Cubs Win.

I'm sure the Brewers will enjoy another great April.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
The current nickname will catch on in 30 or 40 years. Possibly.

superfan1387

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
for the original poster, len is great at what he does, i had a conversation with Jim Paschke (the bucks tv announcer) yesterday about he thinks len is the only broadcaster of the younger generation of broadcasters that understands his role and does a good job. i find the cubs broadcast team much more enjoyable than the brewers. has anyone else noticed that bill schroeder seems to have a speech impediment?? it is really bothersome to listen to.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
for the original poster, len is great at what he does, i had a conversation with Jim Paschke (the bucks tv announcer) yesterday about he thinks len is the only broadcaster of the younger generation of broadcasters that understands his role and does a good job. i find the cubs broadcast team much more enjoyable than the brewers. has anyone else noticed that bill schroeder seems to have a speech impediment?? it is really bothersome to listen to.

Comparing Bill to Len is like comparing apples to oranges. One is color while one is play by play.
But I like to throw handfuls...

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:51 PM »

Well if that is the case they can certianly rent sleeping bags from the Brewers since their in the habit of either watching the cubs or the cards in October.  It kills me to defend the cards even somewhat, but either the Cubs or the Cards have made the playoffs every year since 2000.  When was the last time the Brewers made the post season?

And by the way I was not a fan of Len in 05, but he seems to get better and better each year

superfan1387

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »
the brewers are now working on 26 seasons since a playoff appearance. i would agree len had a rough start but has definitely put it together. also chilli i wasnt comparing a play by play guy to a color man, i was saying as a whole the cubs team is better than the brewers and was merely pointing out that bill schroeders speech impediment makes him very hard to listen to.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
difference in payroll between cubs and brewers?

yupp, there is your answer as to why the cubs suck more.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

Jay Bilas.

Your quite a man and a wonderful product of Marquette University.  I have never been prouder. ?-(

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »

+1

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »

I'm sorry no one wants to fill the airplane hangar known as Miller Park so you can afford decent players. Anyone who complains about payroll is nothing more than jealous. This is the year for the Brewers, it's all downhill from here.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 07:02:49 PM »

Probably the most ridiculous point made....comparing the payroll of the team with the 5th highest valuation (Cubs) to the team with the 24th highest valuation (Brewers).

Actually, if you look at the numbers the Cubs spend 18% of the team's value on payroll while the Brewers spend 24%.

And for those that argue that the Cubs are only concerned about revenue...well, they put 55% of their revenue back into the payroll....while the Brewers put only 51% of their revenue back into the players salaries.

Who sucks more?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:06:41 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

farmdaddy

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »

Jay Bilas.

GO CARDS!!!!!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 08:29:39 AM »
I'm sorry no one wants to fill the airplane hangar known as Miller Park so you can afford decent players. Anyone who complains about payroll is nothing more than jealous. This is the year for the Brewers, it's all downhill from here.

instead you are talking about the dump known as wrigley? for Christ sake, there is concrete falling on your head and you have to deal with RIDICULOUSLY drunk chads and trixies who you just want to stab in the heart. unnatural carnal knowledge that. i do like going to visit my friend who owns Murphys Bleachers but the fans are unnatural carnal knowledgeing trash who care more about their pink Cubs hat their unnatural carnal knowledgeing tan rather than the game.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »
instead you are talking about the dump known as wrigley? for Christ sake, there is concrete falling on your head and you have to deal with RIDICULOUSLY drunk chads and trixies who you just want to stab in the heart. frack that. i do like going to visit my friend who owns Murphys Bleachers but the fans are fracking trash who care more about their pink Cubs hat their fracking tan rather than the game.

Seriously....can you imagine if the Brewers had a bunch of drunks going to their games?  Or....if it was actually something the 20-30 y/o demographic actually wanted to do in Milwaukee....in big numbers?  It's awful, just awful that the Cubs draw so many fans to their games.  One might actually compare it to the drunks at Lambeau wearing foam cheese on their heads....for Christ sake.

Give me a break....the Brewers would love nothing more than for people to go to their games for social reasons...or any reason for that matter.  Although other than wathcing a bunch of no-names and getting some potato skins at Friday's I guess there's no compelling reason to go to Miller Park....I guess you could always fire up the smokey joe in parking lot with a few buddies.

BTW, next time pony up for some non-bleacher seats and you'll find plenty of passionate, knowledgeable baseball fans at Wrigley....compared to the lame corporate crowd surrounding the diamond at Miller.  Take note of how many times the fans at Wrigley get to their feet during any given game.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
Wow Brewers fans are getting aggressive already!

By the way Bill Schroeder (however it's spelled) is the biggest homer in the game.  A bigger homer than Homer if that's possible.

EDIT: Hawk Harrelson is a close second!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:08:47 AM by TallTitan34 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »
First, I would like to start off saying that naturally another thread nothing about the Brewers was hijacked by the insecurity and sheer envy that exists in Chicago's largest suburb known as Milwaukee.

Second, 'drunks' are Wrigley happen. I apologize people feel they can come to our field and have a good time. This consists of 20% of the population, but I don't mind it. They are paying for their ticket and they can enjoy the game in any matter in which they choose. The Brewers should wish they had such a base to draw from. Also, I love how this notion of 'drunks' exist merely at Wrigley.The sad fact is the parking lot is filled with drunks, and Miller Park has now stopped letting those drunks sit in the parking lot and drink without tickets. Nothing beats 'The Douche' Bill Schroeder having to explain to the puny Brewers TV market that the fans are still out in the parking lot rather than being in their seats for the game. But you're right, I'd rather have the typical 300 pound Wisconsinite at Miller Park getting mustard everywhere on his sixth bratwurst who is only at the game because the Brewers have to run some gimmick promotion to get the apathetic state of Wisconsin to actually spend the $10 to get a ticket to the game.

I mean really Milwaukee... do you really have anything to say? Your town was rated the worst place for an athlete to play, your fans never show up, and your TV market draw is one of the league's worst.

Small-market wannabes. frack you Milwaukee, and frack you Wisconsin.

Hey, oh wait, this is better than bobbleheads, I didn't know the disgusting and mediocre fanbase here needed something else to go to a baseball game: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=740467

fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk you Milwaukee.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:18:47 AM by marqptm »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »
First, I would like to start off saying that naturally another thread nothing about the Brewers was hijacked by the insecurity and sheer envy that exists in Chicago's largest suburb known as Milwaukee.

+1

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »
how can you not like bill schoeder, he talks about his prostate exams on the air!  Also he points out the most important thing... the golf commentator talked about bob costas and ueker hang out all the time.  Good thing schoeder was there to point out "yeah when costas and ueker hang out, you always see them together"

Oh Milwaukee! 

superfan1387

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »
the last year and a half in milwaukee is hilarious, watching people discover they have a major league baseball team. the point is the brewers have been one of the most completely irrelavant franchises in all of professional sports. while they have a good team now, and a good core of young guys, they will all leave for money and to play in front of actual fans. and the brewers "fans" (i use that term loosely) have no one to blame but themselves. maybe if they had actually attended games in the past 10 years, there would be money to spend on players. they filled up their park last summer, and look they spend money on free agents. maybe if they were smart enough to figure that out a few years ago they could have some money today. ohh well brewers fans are cute, watching them pretend to care about baseball while wearing their rickie weeks retro jersey they bought last week.

feedback