[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464321 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2675 on: May 28, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
Gary Parrish
@GaryParrishCBS
·
1m
My understanding is that Johnny Juzang argued he transferred to UCLA because he wanted to be home in LA with family during a pandemic. Waiver approved. So I’d say that’s a good sign for anybody also transferring home — but that it likely doesn’t mean much for those who aren’t.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2676 on: May 28, 2020, 03:10:50 PM »
Bettendorf is basically a suburb of Milwaukee right?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2677 on: May 28, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
Bettendorf is basically a suburb of Milwaukee right?

From a high major perspective, Milwaukee or ISU were the closest options and it's about the same distance. Iowa is closer, but they didn't have any scholarships.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2678 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »
From a high major perspective, Milwaukee or ISU were the closest options and it's about the same distance. Iowa is closer, but they didn't have any scholarships.

Madison, Iowa, Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa are all closer.

He’s not moving that much closer to home. Not saying he won’t get a waiver though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2679 on: May 28, 2020, 05:49:29 PM »
So, I was going through some things today and I came across something that caught my attention..Chavez Goodwin former big of Wofford transferred to USC this off season..HOWEVER, the school hasn't announced anything(believe he committed early April), nor, from what I understand has he signed anything, therefore he can, and what I understand has received interest from other schools(Wake Forest being one), I wonder if this is something MU might/has explore(d)? He'd be a hell of a back up for Theo.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2680 on: May 28, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »
Madison, Iowa, Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa are all closer.

He’s not moving that much closer to home. Not saying he won’t get a waiver though.

3 hour drive vs 7 hours isn't insignificant. And both NIUs aren't on the same level.

I get the Madison argument, but a difference of 20 minutes vs 4+ hours is significant. Carton is close enough to home that he can make the round trip in a single day and still spend hours with family. From OSU, it's going to be at least 2 days just to visit.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2681 on: May 28, 2020, 09:55:44 PM »
An interesting name in the transfer portal today..Grad transfer..Andre Adams from Southern Utah..6'9" 8th in the Big Sky in Offensive rating-117.8, Led in Offensive rebounding %-13.7, 8th in defensive reb %-21.2, 3rd in Blk%-6.9, 3rd in 2pt% at 65%. Would be a viable back up to Theo.

Avg 9 PPG 6.5 RPG. Started his career at Arizona St.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:10:23 PM by muguru »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2682 on: May 28, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »
An interesting name in the transfer portal today..Grad transfer..Andre Adams from Southern Utah..6'9" 8th in the Big Sky in Offensive rating-117.8, Led in Offensive rebounding %-13.7, 8th in defensive reb %-21.2, 3rd in Blk%-6.9, 3rd in 2pt% at 65%. Would be a viable back up to Theo.

Avg 9 PPG 6.5 RPG. Started his career at Arizona St.
Will be interesting to see if Stan , a former Southern Utah guy himself , makes the LMU case for Andre. I imagine Stan had a role in recruiting him to ASU. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2683 on: May 29, 2020, 05:44:56 PM »
Grad transfer with TWO years to play...

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
35m
Delaware forward Justyn Mutts has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer, sources told ESPN. Should have two years remaining. Averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2684 on: May 29, 2020, 09:16:29 PM »
Knot feelin' da name four a Warrior. How's his neck, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2685 on: May 30, 2020, 09:47:50 AM »
Knot feelin' da name four a Warrior. How's his neck, hey?
Have to make sure Mutts is not a dog...

Has an excellent neck though.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2686 on: May 30, 2020, 10:54:37 AM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
1m
BREAKING: Florida’s Andrew Nembhard will withdraw from the NBA Draft and intends to transfer, source told @Stadium
. The 6-foot-5 sophomore point guard averaged 11.2 points and 5.6 assists per game this past season and should be a pursued heavily by other high-major schools.

Now THIS would be a grand slam get..He can take over for DJ next year if he goes pro, or even if he doesn't. You collect talent, and figure it out
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:21:14 AM by muguru »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2687 on: May 30, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
1m
BREAKING: Florida’s Andrew Nembhard will withdraw from the NBA Draft and intends to transfer, source told @Stadium
. The 6-foot-5 sophomore point guard averaged 11.2 points and 5.6 assists per game this past season and should be a pursued heavily by other high-major schools.

Now THIS would be a grand slam get..He can take over for DJ next year if he goes pro, or even if he doesn't. You collect talent, and figure it out
Worth reading the various Florida boards on Nembhard. Obviously take any board with a grain of salt. They describe this player as slow, Unathletic , hold the ball deep into the possession Type and primarily a pick and roll type point guard. The birds say he is not suited for uptempo offense. Of course, if MU goes to a slow ball control type offense then maybe this player would be perfect for MU.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:38:40 PM by Herman Cain »
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2688 on: May 30, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »
Worth reading the various Florida boards on Nembhard. Obviously take any bird with a grain of salt. They describe this player as slow, Unathletic , hold the ball deep into the possession Type and primarily a pick and roll type point guard. The birds say he is not suited for uptempo offense. Of course, if MU goes to a slow ball control type offense then maybe this player would be perfect for MU.

I'm not going to say they are wrong, but Mike White's system is also a slow it down system.

marquette20

• Starter
« Reply #2689 on: May 30, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
1m

Marquette is recruiting his younger brother. I know brothers haven’t worked out well for Marquette but would make sense to kick the tires on this.

Jamo

• Walk-On
« Reply #2690 on: June 03, 2020, 10:06:36 AM »
Jalen Carey announcing Friday.

BYU, Rhode Island, MU, Creighton, Bama "amongst others" from Jake Weingarten's twitter.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2691 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »
Jalen Carey announcing Friday.

BYU, Rhode Island, MU, Creighton, Bama "amongst others" from Jake Weingarten's twitter.

Interesting list, I think MU has a chance against those schools!

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #2692 on: June 03, 2020, 12:46:22 PM »

Assuming he left Syracuse to actually get on the court, guessing we don’t win this one with Carton, Elliot, Jose Perez, Akanno, Symir, whoever else is added in 2021 all competing for guard minutes

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2693 on: June 03, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
Assuming he left Syracuse to actually get on the court, guessing we don’t win this one with Carton, Elliot, Jose Perez, Akanno, Symir, whoever else is added in 2021 all competing for guard minutes
He is looking at 4 Big East Schools among the 7, (Georgetown, U-Conn, Creighton, MU) per this research report.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2020/05/05/syracuse-basketball-transfer-jalen-carey-list-seven-strong-squads/
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2694 on: June 03, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
I'd be shocked if he picks MU. This kids recruitment had to be one of the quietest transfer recruitments ever. I'm not even sure MU was ever really involved other then inquiring initially. If they were, it was done very much behind the scenes, much like Carton's was. But at least with him, even early on, there were leaks about who presumed leaders were etc. There hasn't even been that with Carey. Not a peep.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2695 on: June 03, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
So Alison keleher not following then?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #2696 on: June 03, 2020, 07:28:08 PM »
Grad transfer with TWO years to play...

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
35m
Delaware forward Justyn Mutts has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer, sources told ESPN. Should have two years remaining. Averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds.
He will forever be linked to the Mutt Cutts van from Dumb & Dumber.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2697 on: June 03, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »
He is looking at 4 Big East Schools among the 7, (Georgetown, U-Conn, Creighton, MU) per this research report.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2020/05/05/syracuse-basketball-transfer-jalen-carey-list-seven-strong-squads/

Im picking uconn on this one
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2698 on: June 04, 2020, 07:09:04 AM »

Rhode Island is Zagoria's prediction

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2699 on: June 04, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
Rhode Island is Zagoria's prediction

I agree, I was told they are only looking at 2021 kids and 2020 was over, have enough guards right now, need a center.