'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [mubbPAC] The Case Against Steve Wojciechowski: Enough is Enough  (Read 24279 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: [mubbPAC] The Case Against Steve Wojciechowski: Enough is Enough
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:23 AM »
We reached out for comment and Scholl called to give this response. He was responding not to the content of the article, which was not complete at the time of the call, but the state of the program.
Hard to read into this one way or another, but if they were on the verge of making a change I can’t imagine he would’ve responded at all.
No Finish Line

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »
What now?  Attack relentlessly like an unstoppable rebel force. Demand a termination and immediate change.  But without violence of course.  "Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests snug as a gun".  This comprehensive and 100% accurate plea by these fine writers is a step in the right direction.  It needs national exposure.

Lots of great detail and analysis in this article, does all the homework for national-level sportswriters and on-air sports people.   Is this a major issue for a national discussion—probably not.  But never underestimate the powers of pre-packaged controversy to fill air time and create article clicks

Get it out there and start tracking metrics to see where this info gets discussed.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2021, 11:23:59 AM »
Hard to read into this one way or another, but if they were on the verge of making a change I can’t imagine he would’ve responded at all.

Couldn’t agree more, there’s no change coming.  Very well written article though 👏👏

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »
I'd take Tanned Tommy in a heartbeat

Nah man, have some self-respect, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2021, 11:32:25 AM »

Nah man, have some self-respect, hey?

How about Ners. Remember him?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
Marquette spends more on basketball than any other Big East team, and in the top 10 nationally, per the 2019 Department of Education report. The accounting on how schools get to these exact numbers isn’t always clear, but even with that caveat, it is fair to say that MU is in the top .03% of all schools when it comes to funding the men’s basketball team.

For numbers guys I'd expect you to know top 10 is top 3%, top .03% would make us...the top spending program, by about tenfold  ;D

I also wish you wouldn't have thrown kenpom preseason into the argument, but that's a personal nit.  Don't discredit yourself by using computer numbers that are guesses.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2021, 11:45:54 AM »
Barstool Marquette with an Instagram post of a truck billboard that says make Marquette great again.. fire Wojo..
advertising to go with the article drop..

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:25 AM »
Barstool Marquette with an Instagram post of a truck billboard that says make Marquette great again.. fire Wojo..
advertising to go with the article drop..

Seemed like it was parked out in front of the Al, too
Bring back FFP!!!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2021, 11:48:04 AM »
Hard to argue with that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »
Alan, we all appreciate your strong voice on this.

Although I have serious doubts whether this or anything else will lead to Wojo being shown the door, it was filled with solid data.

Well done, and keep up the fight!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2021, 11:53:04 AM »
Couldn’t agree more, there’s no change coming.  Very well written article though 👏👏

It should be easy enough to update next March.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2021, 11:58:05 AM »

For numbers guys I'd expect you to know top 10 is top 3%, top .03% would make us...the top spending program, by about tenfold  ;D

I also wish you wouldn't have thrown kenpom preseason into the argument, but that's a personal nit.  Don't discredit yourself by using computer numbers that are guesses.

Fixed the math glitch, thanks. Can't believe I didn't catch that in editing ;D

As far as the kenpom preseason part, it was used as a piece of the whole to underscore how his teams have underachieved. Whether you place value on overall winning percentage (paragraph 1 of the section), March success (paragraph 2), Big East results (paragraph 3), Big East results compared to preseason expectations (paragraph 4), or advanced metric expectations (paragraph 5) Wojo's teams have consistently underperformed all of those criteria.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2021, 11:58:39 AM »
@CoachingChanges retweeted cracked sidewalks link.

mmmmm national news

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2021, 12:01:18 PM »
Great article.  But Wojo isn't going anywhere.

All of you who keep bringing this point up seem to think that since he’s coming back there should be no discussion of what a horrible coach he is and all the damage he’s done to Marquette basketball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »
@CoachingChanges retweeted cracked sidewalks link.

mmmmm national news

Now Rob Dauster. Definitely getting out there. Also, gives more credence that national media is retweeting. This isn’t just a few upset MU fans that see a problem.

https://twitter.com/robdauster/status/1372593424860385281?s=21

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »
Fixed the math glitch, thanks. Can't believe I didn't catch that in editing ;D

As far as the kenpom preseason part, it was used as a piece of the whole to underscore how his teams have underachieved. Whether you place value on overall winning percentage (paragraph 1 of the section), March success (paragraph 2), Big East results (paragraph 3), Big East results compared to preseason expectations (paragraph 4), or advanced metric expectations (paragraph 5) Wojo's teams have consistently underperformed all of those criteria.

Great! 

I get the "all metrics" part, but computer preseason and early season numbers are largely crap.  In fact most preseason numbers (human too) are crap.  For Wojo, I think it's enough to say the end of season numbers are not trending in the right direction.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2021, 12:07:15 PM »
Absolutely wonderful article. Thank you to the writers and contributors behind it.  Our voices are getting louder and the movement grows stronger.

This is not a good situation for anyone but change is needed.  Hope something happens in the coming days.  Otherwise next year will make these past few years look like a Disney picnic.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
This is a rare professional, grade "A" piece, and a work of true journalism. It may not get the job done this year, but it has probably resulted in a mortal wound.

As a footnote, it ended for me, when the Hauser brothers left ... and, the coach was so unapproachable, or so clueless, they had to write a letter to make sure there was a record. Management 101 teaches one to never let such a thing develop ... unless, of course, you don't get it. Wojo clearly doesn't get it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2021, 12:14:58 PM »
Now Rob Dauster. Definitely getting out there. Also, gives more credence that national media is retweeting. This isn’t just a few upset MU fans that see a problem.

https://twitter.com/robdauster/status/1372593424860385281?s=21

Yup, that's what the article needed. If Goodman or Rothstein retweet it at all admin has to at least come out with a statement.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
Yup, that's what the article needed. If Goodman or Rothstein retweet it at all admin has to at least come out with a statement.

“We played through a pandemic; the kids were tired. Firmly believe in and stand by Steve leading our program forward”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:56 PM »
All of you who keep bringing this point up seem to think that since he’s coming back there should be no discussion of what a horrible coach he is and all the damage he’s done to Marquette basketball.

Literally nobody thinks this.

What some of us have said is that every post -- even those on Superbar subjects like what TV shows people are watching -- doesn't need to be turned into a Fire Wojo thread because there are dozens of those.

But you be you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »
“We played through a pandemic; the kids were tired. Firmly believe in and stand by Steve leading our program forward”

That’s fine if they say that but that only makes them and Wojo look worse. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2021, 12:21:56 PM »

“All the damage he has done”, a little dramatic. I love the discussion and have been an active contributor to the discussion.  Just managing my own expectations and reminding myself that if the change hasn’t happened yet it won’t happen now just cause a few Marquette die hard fans/bloggers put together a fantastic argument for it and one that largely supports the views of the overall fan base.  If can dissatisfaction was enough the change would have been made at the end of last year or as soon as this season ended imo. 

It’s either BOT is happy with the way the program is being run despite lackluster results or financial reasons for keeping him around.  Fan input doesn’t appear to be in the equation at this point. 

feedback