'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Top 100 recruit visits today  (Read 2538 times)

MJS_Says

[MJS Blog] Top 100 recruit visits today
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:05 AM »
Top 100 recruit visits today

JaJuan Johnson, a 6-foot-4 guard from Southwind High School in Memphis, Tenn., will make an official visit to Marquette today.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/173702411.html

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: [MJS Blog] Top 100 recruit visits today
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
Which of you wonks is Mr. Squido?  A Classic!

Somebody beat me to the correction here of it being JaJuan Johnson. If you're going to post these blogs while you're in the buffet line at Ponderosa at least get the names correct. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I also would like for our "new" MU beat reporter to not have MU as #6 on his priority list behind Packers, Bucks, Badgers, Packers, Ponersosa buffet and "the dude" Oh wait, that puts us at #7, sorry, my mistake.

Warriors 79

• Scholarship Player
  • The only hotter lady is my wife....
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
A new low for Hunt in "mailing" it in.  LOVE the Ponderosa remark. Perhaps if Hunt says it in print, then that makes it so and he can get Marquette in trouble on recruits....

JS Online:  Note to Sports Ed:  Hire some kid off the street with a BA in Journalism, pay him/her next to nothing and put them on the MU Beat. Otherwise, I'm going to Brennan, Katz, Gottlieb and DeCourcy for my MU News. They seem a lot more even handed to Marq and Buzz than the withering investigative style of Michael "ER Murrow" Hunt.[/font]
"I went into a restaurant one night and ordered lobster, and the waiter brought me one with a claw missing. He told me that in the back there's a tank they keep the lobsters in and while they're in there, they fight and sometimes one loses a claw. I told him to bring me a winner."  Al McGuire

MrSquido50

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »

I'm Mr Squido and I actually AM a wonk.  Don't post often but this clown Hunt really toasts my chestnuts plus the whole JS apathy toward MU thing is really getting old.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »

Now that it has been established that you can identify wonks, you can officially be designated a wonk wonk.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
I'm Mr Squido and I actually AM a wonk.  Don't post often but this clown Hunt really toasts my chestnuts plus the whole JS apathy toward MU thing is really getting old.

Wonk of the Year.  Well done!

The Process

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »

Outstanding work!

I wonder if Hunt will ever have an online chat about MU. I can just imagine what he'd do.

"Well, I don't feel like answering any of these questions so instead let's talk about Ponderosa. So tasty..."
Relax. Respect the Process.

feedback