[Today at 09:32:37 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scott C.  (Read 3884 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Scott C.
« on: January 28, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
Christopherson had 14 points and 3 rebounds in 35 minutes against Oklahoma last nite.  Not too shabby.

reinko

• All American
Re: Scott C.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
Christopherson had 14 points and 3 rebounds in 35 minutes against Oklahoma last nite.  Not too shabby.

Barely D III talent.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Hang on, here we go again.

BFD
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
 Let keep track of alums of Marquette, not kids that opted not to return to Marquette after the man himself left. I understand some of you may feel that we let a good one get away, but he wanted out just like Nick Williams and others. Schools will let kids transfer when they request out of their letter, what was Marquette to do. The coach that recruited them left, so they left end of story.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:33 PM »

He's started the last few games....against Kansas as well.   He looks a lot bigger to me (muscular) than at MU.  The year sitting out did him some good.   Shot 80% last night from 3 point range.   He's shooting 53% for the year behind the arc....much like some of our guys on the team.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
I'm OK with Scott leaving, especially if that makes him happy. Seemed like a nice cat. We don't need a slow, 3 pt. shooting guard on this team. If, on the other hand he had grown 7-8 more inches, that's a different issue.
This team has needed, currently needs, and will need BIGMEN. Not too hard to comprehend.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
He's started the last few games....against Kansas as well.   He looks a lot bigger to me (muscular) than at MU.  The year sitting out did him some good.   Shot 80% last night from 3 point range.   He's shooting 53% for the year behind the arc....much like some of our guys on the team.

He's starting because the guy ahead of him got hurt. He'll play big minutes because they have no one behind him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
He's starting because the guy ahead of him got hurt. He'll play big minutes because they have no one behind him.

Thanks....it should be noted that he was playing 23 minutes per game prior to that....now he's playing 34 minutes.  Either way, he was getting considerable playing time.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »
Yeah, he's starting now because the guy in front of him left to go play professionally in Europe.  Pretty ridiculous, but good for Scott.  He was never going to get that kind of time here, so its nice to see him do well.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12819057/staigers-covert-exit-a-shameful-twist-to-cyclones-season

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Thanks....it should be noted that he was playing 23 minutes per game prior to that....now he's playing 34 minutes.  Either way, he was getting considerable playing time.

Chicos - Really, who's minutes would be reduced on the current team to give Scott C some minutes this year?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
That's great...and Oklahoma had 2 guards combine to score 62 points, and their top two scorers were out of the game with injury. He made some 3 pointers and got torched on defense (very shabby), yet again demonstrating he would be absolutely no help to MU, because he would be sitting on the bench right next to Erik Williams where he belongs.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:12 AM »

Chicos - Really, who's minutes would be reduced on the current team to give Scott C some minutes this year?

If we had Scott C, we probably wouldn't have either DB or DJO... or another guard.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »
I think he's probably better than Cubby.

Obviously they are not the same type of guard, but SC could probably play the 3rd G/ SF role at MU.

PG - Acker, Buycks, Junior
SG - DJO, Cubby
3rd G - SC, DJO
PF - Butler, Hayward
PF - Hayward, Fulce

He's not going to take minutes from DB or DJO, but I think he'd play. I don't think he'd start (as I've shown above), but I think he could get some minutes in a line-up like that.

I've seen him on TV twice, so I can't really give a huge evaluation on him, just thinking out loud.

Why all of the hate for SC?

EDIT: Hards brings up a good point that with SC, MU would not have DJO or DB... But, given Buzz's "we'll never turn down a guy who can play" attitude, I'm not sure how the roster would look if SC were here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:15:08 AM by 2002mualum »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »

If he was still here, we would have one less player...right?

I'm happy for the kid, he's in a tough spot now with this kid up and leaving.  He'll have to grow up in a hurry. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
No, he's in a great spot. He's playing, which is more than he'd probably get if he was still here. It's now his third year of learning on the collegiate level.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 01:00:25 PM »
Why all of the hate for SC?

I agree.

Good for him for putting himself in a position to succeed, even if it wasn't at MU.

Why hate?  He came to MU and it didn't work out.  He saw that the team was shifting focus after Crean left and realized he wasn't going to be part of it and asked to leave.  It helped him out and helped MU out to seperating. 

MU has moved on so has S.C.  I applaud his success.

Good luck to him.
Marquette University, Spring '08