Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[Today at 04:36:45 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:18:45 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by PJDunn
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:01:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GOO
[Today at 02:58:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 317268 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1625 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:03 AM »
Ah, so you agree that rural areas of Wisconsin were not wearing masks?  Just say that.

And if the law enforcement of the rural counties on WI won't enforce the mandate, then pull their funding.  No pay raises, no new equipment, etc.    Enough kittenfooting around.

I agree 100% that rural counties are much less likely to enforce and wear masks, never challenged that.

In my opinion, this state mandate will not change that, that’s all.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1626 on: July 31, 2020, 10:39:06 AM »
I think it’s hilarious that all of a sudden all these law enforcement agencies are quoting their oaths to uphold the Constitution. Something most of them have never particularly worried about before.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1627 on: July 31, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »
I think it’s hilarious that all of a sudden all these law enforcement agencies are quoting their oaths to uphold the Constitution. Something most of them have never particularly worried about before.

The constitution is a matter of inconvenience or convenience depending on the day
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1628 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
The constitution is a matter of inconvenience or convenience depending on the day

For both sides.   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1629 on: July 31, 2020, 11:51:41 AM »

This is true but few will admit it
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1630 on: July 31, 2020, 12:14:09 PM »

Not all the same.

Dems have never said that criminal law is for ordinary Americans. But not for trump.

“The president is not to be treated as an ordinary citizen,” Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow said before the Supreme Court. And therefore, he said, a “criminal process targeting the president is a violation of the Constitution.”

Before a lower court, Trump’s lawyers argued that even if he shot someone in broad daylight in downtown Manhattan, he could not be investigated until he’s out of office.

“Nothing could be done? That’s your position?” Federal Judge Chin asked incredulously at the time.

“That is correct,” Trump’s lawyer William Consovoy responded.

I don't remember one side going to court and making the argument that the president is above all law - including murder.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1631 on: July 31, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »
Not all the same.

Dems have never said that criminal law is for ordinary Americans. But not for trump.

“The president is not to be treated as an ordinary citizen,” Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow said before the Supreme Court. And therefore, he said, a “criminal process targeting the president is a violation of the Constitution.”

Before a lower court, Trump’s lawyers argued that even if he shot someone in broad daylight in downtown Manhattan, he could not be investigated until he’s out of office.

“Nothing could be done? That’s your position?” Federal Judge Chin asked incredulously at the time.

“That is correct,” Trump’s lawyer William Consovoy responded.

I don't remember one side going to court and making the argument that the president is above all law - including murder.

Trump is one guy.  Not the entire side for the entire history of the party.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1632 on: July 31, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »
Trump is one guy.  Not the entire side for the entire history of the party.

Yes, I realize elected repubs from around the country spoke out against this. ;D ;D

To your point, though, it is correct. But it is no longer the repub party you have supported through the years. I realize that puts people like you - lifetime Rs (I assume) - in a tough spot as to who to support when those upon whom you depended no longer have any plan or belief.

I have no doubt from just what I have read on Scoop that you and Glow are really good people. Makes decisions tough.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1633 on: July 31, 2020, 02:09:17 PM »

Yes, I realize elected repubs from around the country spoke out against this. ;D ;D

To your point, though, it is correct. But it is no longer the repub party you have supported through the years. I realize that puts people like you - lifetime Rs (I assume) - in a tough spot as to who to support when those upon whom you depended no longer have any plan or belief.

I have no doubt from just what I have read on Scoop that you and Glow are really good people. Makes decisions tough.

Watch the new ad from The Lincoln Project with Stephen Root and the Republican coming out of a coma after 3.5 years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1634 on: July 31, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »

I am a fiscal conservative and a social morate. Didn't vote for Trump and never will.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1635 on: July 31, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1636 on: July 31, 2020, 03:46:17 PM »
"Governor Evers actions today are nothing more than a political stunt to create a partisan fight with the Legislature," Nass said in a statement. [SO BY GOD I'M GONNA DEMAND WE DO EXACTLY WHAT I SAY HE WANTS.]

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1637 on: July 31, 2020, 03:53:19 PM »
"Governor Evers actions today are nothing more than a political stunt to create a partisan fight with the Legislature," Nass said in a statement. [SO BY GOD I'M GONNA DEMAND WE DO EXACTLY WHAT I SAY HE WANTS.]

Nass doing what Nass does.

BTW the Governor can remove county sheriffs for not doing their job. He won’t. And he shouldn’t. But he can.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1638 on: July 31, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
I am a fiscal conservative and a social morate. Didn't vote for Trump and never will.

I didn't think you did. More to my point, it's gotta be hard when you don't feel that one of your choices is someone who represents how you feel.

I am certainly farther left than Biden, but we are still in line on most issues.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1639 on: July 31, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »
Possible special session to end mask mandate:

https://wkow.com/2020/07/30/republican-state-senator-calls-for-special-session-to-end-mask-order/

My guess is that they don't overturn it. First and foremost, they want to be re-elected. While some of the rural guys would be safe, I think they would lose a lot of seats if they did this. It would even put a guy like Vos in play for defeat.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1640 on: July 31, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
Where is my constitutional right to walk around naked? These police.will enforce those laws. I mean its.weird as heck pondering walking around stores naked but not like it's actually dangerous. However a mask mandate to prevent somthing potentially dangerous is going to far? In unconstitutional and not worth enforcing? Werid logic.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1641 on: July 31, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »
Nass doing what Nass does.

BTW the Governor can remove county sheriffs for not doing their job. He won’t. And he shouldn’t. But he can.

He should. We expect our leaders to set examples for decency and following rules. If they don't wanna do that one simple thing, get rid of them. We have enough police corruption without adding more to it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:24:36 AM by rocky_warrior »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1642 on: July 31, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »

Rural Wisconsin is certainly no Milwaukee or Madison.  In my county, the volunteer fire departments raise money by holding gun raffles.  A farmer a few miles from my house whose barn faces the state highway has about a dozen flags planted in front of it, evenly divided between Trump 2020 flags, American flags, and "Don't Tread on Me" flags.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1643 on: July 31, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »

Rural Wisconsin is certainly no Milwaukee or Madison.  In my county, the volunteer fire departments raise money by holding gun raffles.  A farmer a few miles from my house whose barn faces the state highway has about a dozen flags planted in front of it, evenly divided between Trump 2020 flags, American flags, and "Don't Tread on Me" flags.

I assume he is protesting the gov't mandate that he has to wear a seat belt.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1644 on: July 31, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »
Hates the farm subsidies, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1645 on: August 01, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »

I assume he is protesting the gov't mandate that he has to wear a seat belt.

Watch the rhetoric Jock - I've cleaned up a few of your posts.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1646 on: August 01, 2020, 12:13:38 PM »
Hear, hear, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1647 on: August 01, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »
Hear, hear, hey?

Didn't you post a big diatribe recently?

Glass houses.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1648 on: August 01, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »
Hear, hear, hey?

Anymore Islamophobic chain emails you wanna post doc, hey?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1649 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
Didn't you post a big diatribe recently?

Couldn't be.  I've been clearly told I only try to silence the conservative voices.   :o

feedback