collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Indycar fans?  (Read 1009 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Any Indycar fans?
« on: November 04, 2019, 03:16:55 PM »
Big news day.

Anyone else following?

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Any Indycar fans?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »
For those that think the NCAA is a cluster****, you should check out the Hulman family. Penske will run it correctly.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
The Hulman family is going to have a big tax bill to pay when Mari Hulman George passes.  People have thought for awhile they'd have to sell part, or all, of the Speedway and IRL.  They sold their other major asset, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, back in May as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »
Fantastic news for a series that hasn't had a ton of it for the past couple of decades.  Rog is a stone cold killer, and indycar is his one soft spot. He's kind of the perfect guy to take this over. He's going to whip things into shape on the business side (which has already had the best trajectory in years under Frye). Meanwhile, his track record as an owner has always been that he's willing to spend money to win, even when the series was in a lull.  He's going to be a very credentializing presence for sponsorship and investment in the series.  The NBC broadcast deal that went into effect this year nearly doubled the number of races on NBC (vs NBCSN) and I would be very surprised if that doesn't continue to increase in the coming years.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 11:45:32 AM »
Roger is a stud and absolutely the right guy if anyone can actually do anything with it.  May be impossible, but he's the only one I can think of based on sure will, economic power and respect in the industry.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
Roger is a stud and absolutely the right guy if anyone can actually do anything with it.  May be impossible, but he's the only one I can think of based on sure will, economic power and respect in the industry.
Mark Miles is doing a pretty good job as CEO. More teams, cars, ratings went up. Curious to see if he is kept in his position.

feedback