collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hiring Process: 6 years later  (Read 835 times)

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Hiring Process: 6 years later
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »
Back when Buzz was hired, a lot of people, myself included, criticized the "hiring process." I think Buzz ended up being a great hire. But I think there is a lot of evidence in the interim that points to a university that is clueless about major leadership.

We have a school where the President ended up not working out, the AD ended up not working out (and the previous one allegedly helped cover up reportable crimes), and the Provost situation has been a total cluster perhaps as long as the school has had a provost. The previous guy went from being a Comm professor at SLU to MU Comm Dean to MU Provost in a span of like 3 years.

The College of A&S just hired a full time dean for the first time within the last year since I graduated. Etc.

Would some of the critics of those who criticized the "hiring process" agree that this school has an issue?

feedback