collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Unofficial "Buzz to ______" Archive  (Read 64809 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Buzz to ....
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »
kill this thread with fire until the season's over or there's a press release introducing Buzz at a different school. Until then? Worthless distraction from our team that's in the freaking Sweet Sixteen.

I find all this speculation to be laughable, so most of the time most of us take it in the spirit we should. Those who take it too seriously, that's their own deal.

But distracting? To whom and why? If dozens or even hundreds of Scoopers post on this and similar threads, will that stop Marquette's team from properly preparing for Miami? Will it hurt anybody?

It's like if I start a thread that talks about possibly playing Indiana in the Elite Eight and folks inevitably lecture me about looking too far ahead. What difference does it make if I look ahead two days, two years or two decades? How does that affect anything?

This is a fan site. It's a fun one and I enjoy it, but that's all it is. Anybody who thinks it actually influences anybody or jinxes something or distracts from "truly important things" or whatever ... please.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:44:34 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »
Time to stay focused on the week ahead. We will hear speculation until Buzz or MU says something. I think a contract extension/raise announced this week would be nice way to end speculation.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: CBS Sports Believes UCLA Will Court Buzz Williamsjavascript:void(0);
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
<a href="http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ife6iz6e1a2png/ku-xlarge.png" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ife6iz6e1a2png/ku-xlarge.png</a>

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:37:59 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:46 PM »
But distracting? To whom and why? If dozens or even hundreds of Scoopers post on this and similar threads, will that stop Marquette's team from properly preparing for Miami? Will it hurt anybody?

Distracting to us. It is distracting that we, as fans, are now spending the week before a Sweet Sixteen game fretting about what nozzles on twitter who write articles and are paid by the click want to speculate about. It is distracting because it causes us to worry about the future and potential consequences of our coach leaving, rather than focus on the fact that of all the teams in the country, only sixteen are still vying for a title. Enjoy the ride, don't think about what's next til the roller coaster stops.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
Buzz to VCU.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: CBS Sports Believes UCLA Will Court Buzz Williams
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2013, 01:35:59 PM »
Professional Stevens on his knees begging for a wrong call. 

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
Distracting to us. It is distracting that we, as fans, are now spending the week before a Sweet Sixteen game fretting about what nozzles on twitter who write articles and are paid by the click want to speculate about. It is distracting because it causes us to worry about the future and potential consequences of our coach leaving, rather than focus on the fact that of all the teams in the country, only sixteen are still vying for a title. Enjoy the ride, don't think about what's next til the roller coaster stops.

Fight the distraction. Don't click on the speculation threads. Problem solved.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

+1

This was my purpose in starting this thread.  All the "Buzz to" are laughable because they are started by "experts" with twitter accounts.  None of them are people citing someone close to the situation. 

In fact, want to know if a sports reporter has no idea what he is talking about ... he says "Buzz to."  I'm talking to you Jerry Goodman and Michael Hunt.  Do some actual reporting instead of recycling made up stuff on twitter.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »
This message board is an f'in joke when coaches get fired.

Get a damn grip. Buzz is happy. Buzz isn't leaving. Buzz gets paid ALOT. Buzz wins. Buzz has a young family. Buzz said he will be here as long as we will have him. Buzz has a great team returning. Buzz isn't leaving. Buzz has a great recruiting class. Buzz is not leaving.

All the nervous nancy's need to chill out. Place is unbearable to read every year once a few coaching vacancies pop up. Stop the ridiculous speculation. Buzz is not leaving.

Wow.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »
in all this, who gives a crap about the "Buzz to" douche nozzels.    They are paid to speculate and drive traffic to their sites...

MU is in the sweet 16 again, for the third time...

Of course, I want Buzz back.

But if somehow he leaves to a blueblood like UCLA (which I don;t think he will), I think Marquette has figured out that good basketball is important to the univesity and that good basketball requires a great coach....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »
Time to stay focused on the week ahead. We will hear speculation until Buzz or MU says something. I think a contract extension/raise announced this week would be nice way to end speculation.

Goose, do you still hold to the "prediction" you made last spring/early summer about what your sources at MU said about Buzz and the admin....what was agreed to at the end of this coming season? 

Have your sources been waivered on this "prediction" during the season with the team exceeding expectations?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

I think you'd better call the cops and tell them that ruthless Scoopers keep holding guns to your head, forcing you to read coaching speculation threads against your will. It must be terrifying, the lengths these criminals go through to distract you!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
I think you'd better call the cops and tell them that ruthless Scoopers keep holding guns to your head, forcing you to read coaching speculation threads against your will. It must be terrifying, the lengths these criminals go through to distract you!

You asked to whom and why threads like this are distracting. I answered.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »
I am pretty sure the only job Buzz would want is Texas, he is from there, if I was a coach growing up in Milwuakee, who would not want to comeback and coach either wisconsin
scools.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
Maybe a coach who enjoys good weather and above average cultural offerings...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
real chili

I have NOT heard one thing new in a couple of months. Purposely have avoided the topic because as season has gone on I was enjoying it too much to possibly ruin it. Holding out hope that everything is great at The Al and Buzz remains. Would love to be posting that I was 100% wrong in upcoming weeks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:02:30 PM by Goose »

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »
And can we pleeeaaaaaassssseeee make this the only.....Buzz to....thread.

Please.

We already have a pretty good one in the Superbar.  There was no reason to start this one.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32127.msg476817#new
Ludum habemus.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »
What does a Texas redneck chewing tobacco know anything about culture, all he cares about is his 15 kids and his family.  He has a great life here, give him a few more years here,
kids grow up a little, then he might move.  Every year is going to be like this, I am sure every AD can use little MU as an example that you can win even in bad weather and an average
campus.  The Al Center is one of the top practice facility in the country, they charter, has a plane anytime he wants it.  Is it so bad here?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »

Who can blame him... it worked for Thad last night.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »

Stevens was actually right, assuming the "it" he was referring to was the ball. The Butler player actually touched the rim while the ball was in the cylinder and that's what was called.

Everyone likes a know-it-all, right?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
Buzz to UCLA
Buzz to USC
Buzz to Minnesota

Can anyone cite one D1 opening that is not considering Buzz?  It seems all the "experts" have Buzz going somewhere. (2013 definition of "expert" is someone with a twitter account)

St Louis
Texas Tech
Northwestern
Campbell
Longwood
Cal State Northridge
Cal State Fullerton
Pacific
Hofstra
Old Dominion
Texas Pan American
Ball State
Buffalo
Marist
Siena
SC State
Drake
Fairleigh Dickinson
Chatanooga
Furman
Georgia Southern
UMKC
South Alabama
Troy
Jackson State
San Jose State
Texas State

Basically anyone listed on the bottom half of this page:
http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2013_coaching_carousel

MJS_Says

[MJS Blog] Another coach fired, another Buzz Williams mention
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
Another coach fired, another Buzz Williams mention

I know, this is going to get silly in the coming weeks and I'm not going to make it a habit each time the Marquette coach is mentioned when a job comes open.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199923071.html

MJS_Says

Video: Will Marquette's Buzz Williams leave for a job elsewhere?

Will Marquette's Buzz Williams leave the Golden Eagles for a job at Minnesota or UCLA? CineSport's Noah Coslov and the Journal Sentinel's Michael Hunt discuss this and Marquette's NCAA tourney run.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199949961.html

reinko

• All American
Just go fall down a well already.

Groin_pull

• All American
I swear, those douchebags at the Urinal/Sentinel are rubbing their hands together with glee at this latest opportunity to piss on MU's joy.

Paranoid or overly sensitive? I don't think so.

feedback