[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 37828 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2021, 05:22:48 PM »
Someone keep an eye on DJ tonight...don't want him slipping down any stairs

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2021, 06:03:17 PM »
Great job Herman!  Excellent predictions and analysis this whole thread.
Looking forward to seeing how both teams are configured in 2023.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2021, 06:52:58 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how both teams are configured in 2023.

Herman the Scoopers doubted you, and I to a lesser degree.  Our collective thoughts were spot-on regarding this RC.  I'm very proud of this team and how they performed, everyone brought it.  Hopefully this is just the beginning of USA domination in this event. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:35:49 PM by MuggsyB »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »
Butt kicking.   Kudos.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #454 on: September 26, 2021, 06:57:49 PM »
He said something about this being a group of guys that like to have fun.

I took it to mean prior teams appeared to take this too seriously or were too old/traditional.

Interesting.  My guess is he was trying to backtrack from his silly comments before the event.  But there is a different new gen vibe to this team.  Maybe he finally gets it, who knows?  He did for the most part play well during the past three days.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #455 on: September 26, 2021, 07:03:40 PM »
He felt his comments were mis-interpreted.   It fueled his fire.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #456 on: September 26, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
Imagine how many points they would have scored had Stricker not played in South Dakota last weekend.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2021, 07:14:34 PM »
I think De Charcuterie should be given his due.  Full disclosure, I wasn't much of a fan but I did have a feeling he would step-up big-time and the fans would embrace him.  His game and personality is perfect for the Ryder Cup.  The Euros knew this was officially over when Bryson launched a 340 yrd bomb and then eagled the 1st. He's also far more than a bomber, he can play.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #458 on: September 26, 2021, 07:21:44 PM »
The talent and depth in the game of golf right now is far better than during the Tiger era.  Granted, none of these guys are as good as Woods, but I think the era may be more exciting?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #459 on: September 26, 2021, 08:38:16 PM »
Herman the Scoopers doubted you, and I to a lesser degree.  Our collective thoughts were spot-on regarding this RC.  I'm very proud of this team and how they performed, everyone brought it.  Hopefully this is just the beginning of USA domination in this event.

Yep, Herman (and to a lesser extent you) nailed it. Most of the Scoop was very, very wrong.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #460 on: September 26, 2021, 09:42:38 PM »
The talent and depth in the game of golf right now is far better than during the Tiger era.  Granted, none of these guys are as good as Woods, but I think the era may be more exciting?

US had 7(?) of the top 10 in the world rankings. All 12 of the US also made it to the final playoff tournament. Both far more than the Euros.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #461 on: September 27, 2021, 07:44:57 AM »
That was a destruction.  I felt the US should win and win comfortably but there were a lot of other Cups where that was the case.  Rory being a no-show Friday and Saturday eliminated any doubt.  Harrington had no answer when it came to pairings not that I’m sure it would have mattered.

Two years is a long time from now and a lot can change but it feels like an American run awaits.  The Euros will probably have to tweak their qualifying procedure to account for guys playing more in American the Euro Tour.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #462 on: September 27, 2021, 07:49:39 AM »
The average age of this team.
Reed is still out there lurking.
Available players like Homa, Kisner, Zalatoris.
Poulter and Westwood are done.  Sergio?
Euros need some of their young guys to develop in a hurry.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #463 on: September 27, 2021, 07:51:56 AM »

I doubt Kisner ever makes a team.  Homa and Zalatoris may never make a team either.  America has a lot of young guys behind those coming through.

On the Euro side, they do have a lot of top amateurs in the world right now but lack depth. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #464 on: September 27, 2021, 08:31:29 AM »

On the broadcast, they talked about how old the Euro team was and that it was the end of the line for many, without a lot of depth behind them.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #465 on: September 27, 2021, 09:05:08 AM »
Molinari.  Donaldson.   Rose.  The Danish twins.    Meh.

The International team is better than the Euros right now and that is unusual.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »
That was a destruction.  I felt the US should win and win comfortably but there were a lot of other Cups where that was the case.  Rory being a no-show Friday and Saturday eliminated any doubt.  Harrington had no answer when it came to pairings not that I’m sure it would have mattered.

Two years is a long time from now and a lot can change but it feels like an American run awaits.  The Euros will probably have to tweak their qualifying procedure to account for guys playing more in American the Euro Tour.

There was nothing Harrington could have done. For many years, the Euros rode their experienced guys who had a knack for playing at their very best in these events. I mean, Poulter hasn't seriously contended at a major in a decade-plus and has missed the cut as often as not in recent years, yet he was a RC stud. He's 45 now. He's toast. And the Euros have several like that.

It's hard to imagine the U.S. not dominating for some time now.

I had to umpire until about 4 (ET) yesterday. I got home, turned on the golf, saw where everything stood and said, "I think I'll watch Bucs-Rams." So I hope the Euros can be competitive, or else it won't be a rivalry worth watching.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
Needs to be said, Tiger and Phil were the cause behind the USA slump.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »
I doubt Kisner ever makes a team.  Homa and Zalatoris may never make a team either.  America has a lot of young guys behind those coming through.

On the Euro side, they do have a lot of top amateurs in the world right now but lack depth.

Homa sure, he's already 30 and still waiting for consistency.  But Zalatoris is 25 with 3 major top 10s.  I think the odds of him making a team are pretty damn high.

When your waiting in the wings guys are 38, 45, and 41 like those 3 I highlighted, you see the issues.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »
Homa sure, he's already 30 and still waiting for consistency.  But Zalatoris is 25 with 3 major top 10s.  I think the odds of him making a team are pretty damn high.

When your waiting in the wings guys are 38, 45, and 41 like those 3 I highlighted, you see the issues.

Burns may be in the mix and possibly Matthew Wolff.   Are there any good young Euros?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2021, 09:56:59 AM »
Burns may be in the mix and possibly Matthew Wolff.   Are there any good young Euros?

4 of the top 10 WAGRs are Euros. 4 are American though.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2021, 10:03:44 AM »
Needs to be said, Tiger and Phil were the cause behind the USA slump.

Amplifying your point, Stricker made really good choices.  I wasn't so sure, and it's not neccessarily their results, but the young contingent had a lot to do with our success.   They all have pop, WS is not a "links course".  It has to be played from the air and on a number of holes we had a huge advantage.  But as you intimated, off the course, this team appeared more unified and focused.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »

Robert McIntrye is a very strong young player . Finished 8th in the Open and 12th in The Masters this year as well as 9th in the Match Play. He is only 25. He should have been on this Euro team, if for no other reason , experience.

The Danish Twins are only 20 years old and have won 4 European tournaments between the two of  them . Including winning one at the course where the next Ryder Cup will be held.

I don’t know what other good young players are over there. Let’s wait and see how things play out in two years .

For now , I agree the Euros are at a historical low point. It may take several cycles for them to rebuild their squad

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2021, 01:35:24 PM »
That was a destruction.  I felt the US should win and win comfortably but there were a lot of other Cups where that was the case. 

Hmmm…you felt the US should win comfortably but predicted that they would be “destroyed” and lose “by twelve”.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2021, 02:06:28 PM »
Hmmm…you felt the US should win comfortably but predicted that they would be “destroyed” and lose “by twelve”.

More hoping than anything

feedback