[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 37828 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2021, 11:43:46 AM »
No he didn't.  Na was ranked 19th in Ryder Cup points, Whistling Straits going to play extremely long and Na is way down in driving distance/accuracy stats, course is too long for him and Stricker knows that as well.  Plus he drove Justin Thomas crazy with his slow play on the greens two weeks ago and would not make a very good partner in any format.
That’s the conventional thinking on Na. I believe he would be a pest to guys like Poulter. I also think in the alternate shot foursomes ,with his irons and putting ,he could definitely help win some holes.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2021, 11:54:21 AM »
Because they always get destroyed?   The women had more top 30 players and got mopped.  Euros are better at team play than the country club, Jupe-life boys of team USA

They've clearly underperformed in recent years.  It's time for them to sack up and turn things around.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »
Who is the dog on the American team?   Who has the personality to dominate the locker room in a positive fashion?

I think JT can be that guy. There’s times when you can see the fire in his eyes. Plus, he’s well liked/respected
Bring back FFP!!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »
I think JT can be that guy. There’s times when you can see the fire in his eyes. Plus, he’s well liked/respected

He also turtles when things aren’t going his way.  At least at Whistling Straits, it’ll be setup in such a way the Americans can’t cry about it, though, they probably still will
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2021, 12:24:16 PM »
US wins this Ryder Cup  18-9

Morikowa going 5-0
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »
US wins this Ryder Cup  18-9

Morikowa going 5-0

Morikawa won’t play 5 sessions

🏀

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2021, 12:44:26 PM »

Correct.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2021, 12:55:39 PM »

Really? JT?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2021, 01:05:41 PM »
Why not ?He is the perfect player in this format, with his laser beam iron shots
            ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »
Why not ?He is the perfect player in this format, with his laser beam iron shots

Below average distance off the tee, poor recent form and a possible back injury.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
Morikawa has a back problem.   Koepka has a wrist issue.

I can very easily see this going sideways and some overserved patrons going after Bryson.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2021, 01:38:17 PM »
That’s the conventional thinking on Na. I believe he would be a pest to guys like Poulter. I also think in the alternate shot foursomes ,with his irons and putting ,he could definitely help win some holes.

Stricker didn't pick players to be "pests".  In alternate shot, he also has to hit drives.......Na has also stated himself that he hits five irons to greens and others hit eight/nine irons. 

Final pick was between Reed, Scheffler, Simpson and with comment made by Stricker that it was tough to leave Reed off, Na probably only a conversation piece. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2021, 01:50:55 PM »

Poor form, shaky putter and a bad back

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2021, 02:38:21 PM »
Stricker didn't pick players to be "pests".  In alternate shot, he also has to hit drives.......Na has also stated himself that he hits five irons to greens and others hit eight/nine irons. 

Final pick was between Reed, Scheffler, Simpson and with comment made by Stricker that it was tough to leave Reed off, Na probably only a conversation piece.
The way I look at it Na has been winning tournaments the last few years . Including this past weekend where he actually tied with Rahm for the low score . Scheffler has talent , made money etc, but hasn’t won . It is hard to win tournaments and that is why I like Na.

Doesn’t really matter because US will romp with whoever they play . Europe has bupkis .
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2021, 02:45:47 PM »
The way I look at it Na has been winning tournaments the last few years . Including this past weekend where he actually tied with Rahm for the low score . Scheffler has talent , made money etc, but hasn’t won . It is hard to win tournaments and that is why I like Na.

Doesn’t really matter because US will romp with whoever they play . Europe has bupkis .

Why is this year different?  The US always has “more talent” and usually get the crap kicked out of them.  Then again, no Tiger and Phil probably helps immensely

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »
Why is this year different?  The US always has “more talent” and usually get the crap kicked out of them.  Then again, no Tiger and Phil probably helps immensely

There ya go Uncle R.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  We can turn this around and start dominating again.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »
What pairings would you go with if you were Strick? 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2021, 04:58:48 PM »
What pairings would you go with if you were Strick?

Schauffele-Cantlay
Finau-Dechambeau
Koepka-Scheffler
DJ-English
Spieth-Thomas
Berger-Morikawa

I think Xander-Cantlay are locks to play together.  Same with Spieth-JT. 

Finau and Dechambeau seem good for fourball format.  I think the other 6 are sort of interchangeable.  Koepka and Scheffler can get a lot of birdies if paired together.  DJ can probably be paired with anyone.  Him and Morikawa together could be pretty good. 

Dechambeau is the wild card.  Maybe one of the rookies gets him and they try a high octane DJ-Finau or Brooks-Finau pairing.  One way or another, there is going to be a rookie pairing playing on Friday outside X and Cantlay

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »
Europe has bupkis

Bupkis … except for 12 of the last 17 Ryder Cups.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »
Herman, Europe is usually the underdog on paper.   Please explain 12 out of 17 and why you think this one will be different.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2021, 05:43:23 PM »
Herman, Europe is usually the underdog on paper.   Please explain 12 out of 17 and why you think this one will be different.
The event is being played on a tough and long course , which means players have to be in peak form .

Our team is full of guys who are in peak form.

I look at the Europeans as having many of their players not in peak form .

More importantly , they are relying on tired old guys for Captains picks, who while once great in this format, just don’t have the same juice as players as they once did . The problem for the Europeans, is that these are the guys who put a lot of points on the board in these competitions . 

So , US will go into day 3 with the lead and it will be game over.

---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
The event is being played on a tough and long course , which means players have to be in peak form .

Our team is full of guys who are in peak form.

I look at the Europeans as having many of their players not in peak form .

More importantly , they are relying on tired old guys for Captains picks, who while once great in this format, just don’t have the same juice as players as they once did . The problem for the Europeans, is that these are the guys who put a lot of points on the board in these competitions . 

So , US will go into day 3 with the lead and it will be game over.

Whistling Straits isn’t tough for pros.  It’s long and wide open and Stricker will set it up pillow soft.  It’ll be a setup a guy like Rory will thrive on, same with Fleetwood.  Rahm will be the best player out of the 24.

You think Morikawa is in form and he isn’t and he’s hurt, so not sure where you’re getting your info from about the Euro team.

Rahm, Hovland and Rory are top 10 on tour in strokes gained overall.  Casey and Hatton are ahead of players like Spieth and Morikawa.  Fitzpatrick is ahead of English and Scheffler.

Europe has 4 players in the top-10 in strokes gained tee-to-green.

Poulter is 3rd in strokes gained putting.  Sergio is still top-20 in distance off the tee and has played well the last 3 weeks. 

The one thing that I will agree on is, the old boy network will hurt them if they pick a player like Justin Rose or Henrik Stenson.  Sergio and Ian Poulter are playing well enough to deserve a pick.  They’d also be better served if Westwood fails to make the team on points, IMO as well.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »
Schauffele-Cantlay
Finau-Dechambeau
Koepka-Scheffler
DJ-English
Spieth-Thomas
Berger-Morikawa

I think Xander-Cantlay are locks to play together.  Same with Spieth-JT. 

Finau and Dechambeau seem good for fourball format.  I think the other 6 are sort of interchangeable.  Koepka and Scheffler can get a lot of birdies if paired together.  DJ can probably be paired with anyone.  Him and Morikawa together could be pretty good. 

Dechambeau is the wild card.  Maybe one of the rookies gets him and they try a high octane DJ-Finau or Brooks-Finau pairing.  One way or another, there is going to be a rookie pairing playing on Friday outside X and Cantlay

Hopefully Morikawa has a strong RC.  I like your pairings but was definitely thinking Morikawa/DJ. Yes, no idea what Strick will do with Bryson. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2021, 06:59:16 PM »
Hopefully Morikawa has a strong RC.  I like your pairings but was definitely thinking Morikawa/DJ. Yes, no idea what Strick will do with Bryson.

DJ and Harris have that similar vibe about them.  Don’t know if that means anything

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2021, 07:16:41 PM »
DJ and Harris have that similar vibe about them.  Don’t know if that means anything

That's a good point.  So do Cantlay and Morikawa.  They have an unflappable quality to their game.  Cantlay is also sneaky long.  He tattooed a drive about 360 to close the show vs Rahm.

feedback