[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129326 times)

Johnny B

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #2325 on: March 25, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »
Fox News is doing its best to mainstream this line of thought.  Congrats Fox viewers!

"Fox News’ Brit Hume defended comments from Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick Tuesday night, saying it is “entirely reasonable” that elderly Americans could be fine with dying amid the coronavirus outbreak to save the U.S. economy."
https://www.thenewscommenter.com/news/brit-hume-defends-dan-patrick-comments-about-coronavirus-entirely-reasonable-viewpoint/1290851
This is just sick. Just had a nice conversation with mu 89 year old granny. Shes in house lockdown. Shes not interested in suffering and dying to potentially get the economy going again.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2326 on: March 25, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »
Anything for the sake of the invisible hand.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2327 on: March 25, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »
Everyone saw this story I assume?

Official: Party at epicenter of Westport coronavirus crisis likely topped 100 people
By Justin Papp Updated 12:15 pm EDT, Wednesday, March 25, 2020

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Coronavirus-update-Number-of-Westport-party-15154139.php

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2328 on: March 25, 2020, 02:29:35 PM »
Everyone saw this story I assume?

Official: Party at epicenter of Westport coronavirus crisis likely topped 100 people
By Justin Papp Updated 12:15 pm EDT, Wednesday, March 25, 2020

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Coronavirus-update-Number-of-Westport-party-15154139.php

Hard to blame partygoers as ther were no restrictions in place at the time and no testing available. So there were no confirmed cases in the town.

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2332 on: March 25, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/world/world-health-organization-praises-trump-leadership-coronavirus-pandemic

That's nice.  What that article left out is the the WHO is pleading with the G20 leaders to help out more.  So of course he's not going to bad-mouth our prez.  He wants $$$ and supplies donated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-pandemic-is-accelerating-as-cases-eclipse-350000-who-says.html

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2333 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »
Fox "news".

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2334 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:15 PM »
Wow, this is sick. Using a medical briefing to attack our NATO allies.

We need a leader.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2335 on: March 25, 2020, 06:08:03 PM »
Wow, this is sick. Using a medical briefing to attack our NATO allies.

We need a leader.

^^ ban

#banourmods
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2336 on: March 25, 2020, 06:08:17 PM »
That's nice.  What that article left out is the the WHO is pleading with the G20 leaders to help out more.  So of course he's not going to bad-mouth our prez.  He wants $$$ and supplies donated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-pandemic-is-accelerating-as-cases-eclipse-350000-who-says.html

Your using cnbc as a news source?? Really?? That's a perfect example of why so many people in this country are uninformed..the news sources they use.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2337 on: March 25, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »
Your using cnbc as a news source?? Really?? That's a perfect example of why so many people in this country are uninformed..the news sources they use.

Does anyone want to tell him?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2338 on: March 25, 2020, 06:18:06 PM »
You know less watching fox compared to watching nothing.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2339 on: March 25, 2020, 06:26:14 PM »

?-(
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2340 on: March 25, 2020, 06:47:20 PM »

Regardless of the source for topper's link, you do know that WHO is primarily dependent on G20 countries for funding its very existence, correct? That is a fact you can find even on WHO's website, which states that WHO has asked the US for $14.14 Billion for the period 2019-2023. https://www.who.int/about/planning-finance-and-accountability/financing-campaign

Or are you gonna doubt WHO's own online documents?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2341 on: March 25, 2020, 06:52:09 PM »

Sigh.  I use lots of sources.  And CNBC had details that Fox didn't.  Did you even read it?  Sometimes, if you read both sides you get a more complete picture.  Shocker huh?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2342 on: March 25, 2020, 06:57:54 PM »
Sigh.  I use lots of sources.  And CNBC had details that Fox didn't.  Did you even read it?  Sometimes, if you read both sides you get a more complete picture.  Shocker huh?

I’ve honestly never heard a complaint about CNBC.  Aren’t they primarily financial news? 

MSNBC on the other hand, I’ve heard people voice complaints. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2343 on: March 25, 2020, 06:59:48 PM »
I’ve honestly never heard a complaint about CNBC.  Aren’t they primarily financial news? 

Yes, you are correct.  Although I occasionally get them confused just like Guru did.  Anyhow, back to COVID-19 - the WHO still has it's hands full.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2344 on: March 25, 2020, 07:15:58 PM »

I’ve never seen CNBC side eyed for political slant. However, they are sensationalist clowns when it comes to financial news and are far more entertainment than substance in that realm.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2345 on: March 25, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »
Infection rates or positive test rates seem like a better metric than just numbers. If Florida has processed 3x the average number of tests compared to the rest of the country, it makes sense that their case number would be higher.

I may be wrong on this, but again, the existing research is supportive of the idea that weather is expected to limit the spread. Even southern US states may not be humid enough right now to slow the spread as much as might be expected in a few months or in areas like the Phillipines that are currently hotter and more humid.

According to Florida's own Dept of Health, Florida has executed 23,723 test to date. Not sure how that compares to other states, but we have tested less than NY has active cases.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2346 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:49 PM »
This is just sick. Just had a nice conversation with mu 89 year old granny. Shes in house lockdown. Shes not interested in suffering and dying to potentially get the economy going again.

Strangely enough, one of my conservative Texas co-workers who is a grandparent 10x is not down with sacrificing himself. Inconsiderate, selfish grandpa.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2347 on: March 25, 2020, 07:33:35 PM »
According to Florida's own Dept of Health, Florida has executed 23,723 test to date. Not sure how that compares to other states, but we have tested less than NY has active cases.

This is a fact that I believe we have access to.  Someone posted a state by state testing aggregation site that I can’t find.  Maybe someone else will remember the link. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2348 on: March 25, 2020, 07:40:25 PM »
This is a fact that I believe we have access to.  Someone posted a state by state testing aggregation site that I can’t find.  Maybe someone else will remember the link.

The Atlantic's data is cumbersome because you need to click state by state, but they do list #tested, #pending, #positive, and #deaths.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-many-people-tested-sick-coronavirus-covid-each-state-america/608413/

And this link doesn't have testing numbers as far as I can tell, but it provides a nice country by country and state by state breakdown of confirmed cases and deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:43:22 PM by GooooMarquette »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2349 on: March 25, 2020, 07:43:44 PM »
Here is the data set I was thinking of.

https://covidtracking.com/data/

Fact check would say the FL testing isn’t widespread.  Frankly I’m still disappointed it’s not widespread anywhere.  I’d love to hear that our compatriots in smaller cities have widespread testing and contract tracing.

I’ve accepted the fact that the NE corridor will be a free for all for quite some time. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:47:27 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

feedback