[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 50929 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2022, 10:13:18 AM »
1:01 a.m., officers located an intoxicated subject on sidewalk, officers assisted subject to residence, South Third Street near Rock Street

2:53 p.m., be-on-the-lookout issued for erratic driver, made contact with driver, warned, Coles Drive near McClellan Avenue

The Marquette MI police log is pretty amusing, and indicative of the stupid stuff police have to deal with regularly:

≤ 1:17 a.m., report of loud vehicle running in the parking lot, contact was made with owner, 1900 block Freedom Drive

≤ 2:22 p.m., caller reported two subjects were drowning, upon arrival officers could see two subjects in the water with diving suits going on the ice and back in water, no one in distress, 1000 block South Lake Street

≤ 5:20 a.m., report of loud music, not loud, tenant advised of complaint and warned, 500 block Union Street

≤ 7:09 a.m., open door to business found by citizen, employees were on scene, all OK, 100 block West Washington Street

Mar 19

≤ 8:40 p.m., officer flagged down for an injured deer, when officer attempted to check on the deer, it jumped up and ran away, Division Street near South McClellan Avenue

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:16:58 AM by rocky_warrior »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2022, 10:27:44 AM »
Not removing the bigotry is tacitly agreeing that it is acceptable to post such things.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2022, 11:09:11 AM »

≤ 8:40 p.m., officer flagged down for an injured deer, when officer attempted to check on the deer, it jumped up and ran away, Division Street near South McClellan Avenue

Marquette, MI can't be considered safe until the prankster delinquent deer stop terrorizing motorists and taunting police.  Imagine if your loved one can't be assisted by law enforcement cause they are encumbered by another deer faking an injury for jokes

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2022, 11:10:54 AM »
I support trans people's rights to do whatever they want.  I have several coworkers with kids (one in childhood, one in adulthood) that transitioned.  Do what makes you feel happy or good.  There is no denying that trans people have a lot of depression issues and other mental health issue (before and after making the change.)

That said the Lia Thomas case is a joke and an insult to women's sports.  The dude competed on the mens team for 3 years, then took a redshirt year to start the process, then finished his last year of eligibility on the woman's team.

This isn't someone that used puberty blockers or other hormone treatments.  This is a grown ass man that took a year to go from a men's swimmer to a women's swimmer.  He already had man's frame, musculature, and testosterone.   I get that his testosterone dropped during the red shirt year.  But the dude was already a grown dude.  And dudes are faster swimmers than women, especially at age 24.  Qualfiying times for boys are faster than girls even at the 9-10 year old level, much less competing in college.  That's a fact.

This is the equivalent of Greg Elliot taking a year off and playing for the MU women's team. (Yes, Elliot RS his 2nd year with hand surgery.   He'd have to apply for a waiver to play as Gregette.  I think, eligibility and class is whacked with the free Covid year)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »
Safety Update: March 28, 2022

Earlier this morning, Marquette University Police Department officers on patrol encountered an 18-year-old, non-Marquette-affiliated suspect attempting to break into a vehicle. The suspect fled on foot and the officers pursued. Near 18th Street and W. Highland Avenue, the suspect drew his gun and discharged it, striking himself in the leg. No MUPD weapons were discharged. The suspect was transported to the hospital with a non-life-threatening injury. The suspect’s weapon was recovered at the scene, and the Milwaukee Police Department will conduct a full investigation. Marquette University is grateful for the responsiveness and professionalism displayed by our MUPD officers.

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:46 AM »
I support trans people's rights to do whatever they want.  I have several coworkers with kids (one in childhood, one in adulthood) that transitioned.  Do what makes you feel happy or good.  There is no denying that trans people have a lot of depression issues and other mental health issue (before and after making the change.)

That said the Lia Thomas case is a joke and an insult to women's sports.  The dude competed on the mens team for 3 years, then took a redshirt year to start the process, then finished his last year of eligibility on the woman's team.

This isn't someone that used puberty blockers or other hormone treatments.  This is a grown ass man that took a year to go from a men's swimmer to a women's swimmer.  He already had man's frame, musculature, and testosterone.   I get that his testosterone dropped during the red shirt year.  But the dude was already a grown dude.  And dudes are faster swimmers than women, especially at age 24.  Qualfiying times for boys are faster than girls even at the 9-10 year old level, much less competing in college.  That's a fact.

This is the equivalent of Greg Elliot taking a year off and playing for the MU women's team. (Yes, Elliot RS his 2nd year with hand surgery.   He'd have to apply for a waiver to play as Gregette.  I think, eligibility and class is whacked with the free Covid year)

So the new "I'm not a racist I work with black people!" is "I'm not a bigot my friends have trans children!"

Also love that in one breath people should do what they want to do and be happy, and then the next sentence "this trans competing as a woman is a joke!"

Good stuff.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2022, 11:18:56 AM »
Safety Update: March 28, 2022

Earlier this morning, Marquette University Police Department officers on patrol encountered an 18-year-old, non-Marquette-affiliated suspect attempting to break into a vehicle. The suspect fled on foot and the officers pursued. Near 18th Street and W. Highland Avenue, the suspect drew his gun and discharged it, striking himself in the leg. No MUPD weapons were discharged. The suspect was transported to the hospital with a non-life-threatening injury. The suspect’s weapon was recovered at the scene, and the Milwaukee Police Department will conduct a full investigation. Marquette University is grateful for the responsiveness and professionalism displayed by our MUPD officers.

Thank god for 5th amendment rights.  Have you shared any updates that haven't involved firearms?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2022, 11:20:09 AM »
Happy to share them, if I'm aware of them, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2022, 11:20:24 AM »
So the new "I'm not a racist I work with black people!" is "I'm not a bigot my friends have trans children!"

Also love that in one breath people should do what they want to do and be happy, and then the next sentence "this trans competing as a woman is a joke!"

Good stuff.

No, dumbass.  I referenced my coworkers because I've had long talks with them about their kids and the difficulties they experienced.  Both about their kids and as parents.   It's called empathy.   The conversations also changed my mind about transsexuals.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »

She met the NCAA requirements and her times slowed significantly.

And it seemed to me that a lot of her competitors didn't care or were supportive.  It's the politicians who are turning her into a bogeyman.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2022, 11:25:52 AM »
Titan

I do believe that the Mobil station had an armed robbery over the past several years, but nothing else comes to mind. If you know more gun crime in my area, feel free to share it.

A quick google search found something only a month ago.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/waukesha-shooting-diaz-palma-rodriguez

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2022, 11:28:41 AM »

Office of the President | Marquette University
Dear Marquette community,

Like you, I have been shaken by the crimes committed on and near our campus during the past weeks. Several involved our students, and we are providing wraparound support services to help them heal from their trauma and offering our prayers and support for all victims of senseless crimes across our city and country. At the same time, we are committed to taking swift action to help prevent future incidents.
As a father and as a university president, I want to assure you that I am taking this matter extremely seriously. There is no greater priority than the safety of our campus community. The President’s Task Force on Community Safety – which includes students, parents, community members, faculty and staff – meets this afternoon and will provide actionable, near-term recommendations that Marquette University will implement to improve safety and security on our campus. We will accelerate implementation of recommendations in key areas such as institutional safety and resources to effect immediate change. More will be shared about these near-term actions in the coming days. If you have questions about the Safety Task Force or want to share an idea, please contact us.
Crime is a complicated issue with many underlying causes and few easy solutions. The university will continue to work closely with local law enforcement and city leaders for the betterment of our campus community, our neighborhood and our city.
I want to close by expressing my support and gratitude for our Marquette University Police Department and the responsiveness and care they display for our campus community every day. At a time when police departments across the country are short-staffed, we see you, we appreciate you and we thank you for your public service.
Best,
Dr. Michael R. Lovell
President
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2022, 11:29:33 AM »
Ziggy

I also know of a family that has a transitioning child (teenager) and understand some of the difficulties they are experiencing in this process. To be honest, I never gave the topic a great deal of thought prior to learning of my friend's situation, and I try to give to my support whenever I can. Unlike others, I respect your post and thanks for sharing it.

Titan

That is not even close to where I live. I am sorry for asking for additional info, I thought you may live near or know the area.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2022, 11:35:37 AM »
Office of the President | Marquette University
Dear Marquette community,

Like you, I have been shaken by the crimes committed on and near our campus during the past weeks. Several involved our students, and we are providing wraparound support services to help them heal from their trauma and offering our prayers and support for all victims of senseless crimes across our city and country. At the same time, we are committed to taking swift action to help prevent future incidents.
As a father and as a university president, I want to assure you that I am taking this matter extremely seriously. There is no greater priority than the safety of our campus community. The President’s Task Force on Community Safety – which includes students, parents, community members, faculty and staff – meets this afternoon and will provide actionable, near-term recommendations that Marquette University will implement to improve safety and security on our campus. We will accelerate implementation of recommendations in key areas such as institutional safety and resources to effect immediate change. More will be shared about these near-term actions in the coming days. If you have questions about the Safety Task Force or want to share an idea, please contact us.
Crime is a complicated issue with many underlying causes and few easy solutions. The university will continue to work closely with local law enforcement and city leaders for the betterment of our campus community, our neighborhood and our city.
I want to close by expressing my support and gratitude for our Marquette University Police Department and the responsiveness and care they display for our campus community every day. At a time when police departments across the country are short-staffed, we see you, we appreciate you and we thank you for your public service.
Best,
Dr. Michael R. Lovell
President

YEaH bUt LoVeLl WaSn'T hErE 10/15/25 yEaRs AgO.  oR iN 83 wHeN wE wErE bAdAsSeS

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2022, 11:39:26 AM »
Titan

That is not even close to where I live. I am sorry for asking for additional info, I thought you may live near or know the area.

Yeah I have no idea where you live in Waukesha County.  I assumed you would be comparing Waukesha to Milwaukee.  I now realize you are likely trying to compare the crime in some small corner of Waukesha County to downtown Milwaukee.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2022, 11:40:38 AM »

This isn't someone that used puberty blockers or other hormone treatments.  This is a grown ass man that took a year to go from a men's swimmer to a women's swimmer

There's an entirely fair and reasonable debate to be had about when and under what circumstances a trans athlete should be able to compete in his or her (and let's face it, we're only talking about her) chosen gender group.
But having that discussion requires an honest recitation of the facts. And you've failed at that here.

Contrary to what you claim here, Lia Thomas began hormone treatment in 2019. She had been undergoing that treatment for more than two years before ever competing in a women's race.

Contrary to what you claim here, she didn't take "a redshirt year to start the process." The process was already ongoing when she swam for the men's team in 2019-2020. And she didn't swim in 2020-21 because the season was canceled due to COVID, not because of some "redshirt year" for the process.

Contrary to what you claim here, Lia Thomas is not a "grown ass man." She lost significant muscle mass as a result of the hormone treatment and is literally shorter today than she was two years ago, which is reflected in her times being significantly slower than two years ago.

And, while you claim it only indirectly here, Lia Thomas ain't winning because her former physique makes her unfairly dominant. In reality, she's winning because the fields she's competing against are unusually weak. She's one of the slowest NCAA champions in recent memory.

Newsweek analysed the last 10 seasons' fastest times in the women's 500-yard freestyle, as well as the fastest times in the NCAA championship women's 500-yard freestyle for the last decade, using data from SwimCloud.
The data suggests that while Thomas was the fastest swimmer in that category this season, she actually would have been the fastest swimmer in only one of the last 10 seasons. In most of those previous years, her fastest time would only have got her to second at the most, and in one year she would have come as low as 12th.

https://www.newsweek.com/lia-thomas-winning-not-swimming-that-fast-data-transgender-1691874

In the preliminaries for the 200 freestyle, Thomas finished second. In the final for the 200 freestyle, Thomas placed fifth with a time of 1:43.50. In the preliminaries for the 100 freestyle, Thomas finished tenth. In the finals for the 100 freestyle, Thomas placed eighth out of eight competitors in 48.18 seconds, finishing last.
https://www.outsports.com/2022/3/17/22982977/lia-thomas-iszac-henig-transgender-swimmer-ncaa-championships-penn

In reality, scientists have come up with standards by which trans athletes can compete at a fair level. I'm far from an expert, but I suggest that's where the debate should focus. But it's hard to have a legitimate discussion of what's fair with people who can't get their facts straight.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:43:20 AM by Pakuni »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2022, 11:45:23 AM »
In reality, scientists have come up with standards by which trans athletes can compete at a fair level. I'm far from an expert, but I suggest that's where the debate should focus. But it's hard to have a legitimate discussion of what's fair with people who can't don't want to get their facts straight.

FIFY.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2022, 11:50:38 AM »
Ziggy

I was just thinking about all of the tough guys on here that handled all of the crime on campus back in their day. I am quite certain that is not a letter MU wants to have to send out to students or parents and did so because it was needed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »

And it seemed to me that a lot of her competitors didn't care or were supportive.  It's the politicians who are turning her into a bogeyman.

Correct.  The only people that really care are the people who don't have a horse in the race.  Katie Ledecky's times in the same event blow Lia's out of the water.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2022, 11:53:10 AM »
Ziggy

I was just thinking about all of the tough guys on here that handled all of the crime on campus back in their day. I am quite certain that is not a letter MU wants to have to send out to students or parents and did so because it was needed.

I'm actually pretty sure it is a combination of both crime being up recently but also the nature of how we communicate these days.  I doubt Marquette would have even thought about sending an actual letter to my parents about crime when I was on campus regardless of how much crime there was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2022, 12:04:35 PM »

In the words of IWB:  my contact(at the ncaa) didn't cite logic, she cited the NCAA handbook.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2022, 12:08:46 PM »

If you are supportive of trans people, why do you insist on referring to Lia Thomas as he? I'm assuming someone as supportive as yourself would recognize that misgendering someone is considered an insult to a trans person.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2022, 12:09:10 PM »
Correct.  The only people that really care are the people who don't have a horse in the race.  Katie Ledecky's times in the same event blow Lia's out of the water.

As the parent of 2 swimmers (1 boy, one girl), I have a horse in the race.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2022, 12:46:46 PM »
As the parent of 2 swimmers (1 boy, one girl), I have a horse in the race.

Okay, so are you honestly concerned about the massive influx of transgender female swimmers?

Because there isn't one.

If your son transitions should they be allowed to compete? 

I do applaud your support for trans people, even if it is currently somewhat lukewarm.  I'll take the baby steps seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2022, 01:01:50 PM »
Okay, so are you honestly concerned about the massive influx of transgender female swimmers?

Because there isn't one.

If your son transitions should they be allowed to compete? 

I do applaud your support for trans people, even if it is currently somewhat lukewarm.  I'll take the baby steps seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Goal ----->>> posts.

Besides what I shared, you don't know a damn thing about my thoughts on a lot of things.  For you, and the rest of the mopes, it's just conservative dumb der hur hur.

I'm surprised someone so open minded as you claim yourself to be isn't more tolerant and makes so many assumptions.

feedback