'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pint Glasses Are Awesome!  (Read 17878 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Pint Glasses Are Awesome!
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »
Unless you are part of the 95% of capacity who won't receive them.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Re: Pint Glasses Are Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »
I agree, really.... I've been to every game, that is a pretty low number, but... you can probably buy them at the spirit (non-native American) shop

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »
I mean Miller only makes $1.3B in revenue so they probably had to cap it at 1,000.

They've spread a reasonable single game giveaway over the span of 10 games.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:43:08 PM »
Remember when giveaways used to consist of bobbleheads, Wade jerseys, Wade figurines, championship ring replicas, etc?  And that was when the team was rolling. Now there aren't even trading cards or media guides. Is it just a lack of sponsors wanting to pay for giveaways?

I thought the 100th anniversary of Marquette basketball would spice things up but it's been disappointing.  They remade the pray video with past players and they have a 45 second video during a timeout highlighting a player each game but that's about it. I mean they stopped showing the Remember the Titans video which highlighted 100 years of Marquette basketball. And how does a Jordan brand team with a history of unique uniforms not have a throwback uniform here or there?

Everything seemed to go downhill once Craig Pintens left.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 11:59:23 PM »
Remember when giveaways used to consist of bobbleheads, Wade jerseys, Wade figurines, championship ring replicas, etc?  And that was when the team was rolling. Now there aren't even trading cards or media guides. Is it just a lack of sponsors wanting to pay for giveaways?

I thought the 100th anniversary of Marquette basketball would spice things up but it's been disappointing.  They remade the pray video with past players and they have a 45 second video during a timeout highlighting a player each game but that's about it. I mean they stopped showing the Remember the Titans video which highlighted 100 years of Marquette basketball. And how does a Jordan brand team with a history of unique uniforms not have a throwback uniform here or there?

Did they really get rid of the remember the titans video? I just assumed I kept arriving to late

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 07:38:46 AM »
Unless you are part of the 95% of capacity who won't receive them.

Word.

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »

No magnetic schedule this year either.  >:( >:( >:(

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
Snugly is nice, though.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 06:51:01 AM »
Agree with this thread.

Did anyone get one?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:24:08 AM by PTM »

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 07:34:35 AM »
Agree with this thread.

Did anyone get one?
Yes, 1st glass has pic of 1918 jersey on it

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »
I love the idea of pint glasses. I had zero idea about the vouchers while at the game. My friends who got in after me got some, so I was early enough.

The handing out of giveaways has been interesting. I understand wanting people to stay until the end, but it seems like there's still some things to work out. I've never seen post game handouts like this before.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:45 AM »
Handing out glass in this atmosphere prior to the game would be a pretty risky move

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 09:03:11 AM »
I love the idea of pint glasses. I had zero idea about the vouchers while at the game. My friends who got in after me got some, so I was early enough.

The handing out of giveaways has been interesting. I understand wanting people to stay until the end, but it seems like there's still some things to work out. I've never seen post game handouts like this before.

Giving them after the game makes sense.  Same reason they don't serve beers in glass bottles.

It would have been wise to mention the voucher process before the game, however.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
This is all well and good for these non-conference break games to think you have a shot at being the first 1000.  However, how early are you going to have to arrive to have a chance of one during the Big East games. 

I got there 20 to 6 on Monday, which is good coming from western burbs, and there was not a glimpse of a voucher... and there were probably only 3k people at tip.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
This is all well and good for these non-conference break games to think you have a shot at being the first 1000.  However, how early are you going to have to arrive to have a chance of one during the Big East games. 

I got there 20 to 6 on Monday, which is good coming from western burbs, and there was not a glimpse of a voucher... and there were probably only 3k people at tip.

Bingo. Heard there was a stack of vouchers in the Palmero Club though.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:55 AM »

Yeah Craig is fantastic and specializes in marketing. We of course inquired both times our AD job opened up these last few years but never got past the initial phone call, he is holding out for the AD job at a big name football school that he most certainly will get in the near future.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 09:51:09 AM »
Well, there is a new staff running things for the better. The staff before them from 2005 to 2013'ish rested on the Sweet 16's and attendance over 15,000 per game. Thing have changed as we all know. The new staff is working hard at making the fan experience better, with the budget they have to work with.

•   We Are Marquette card program
•   Blankets for season ticket holders
•   Giveaways at 16 of 18 games
•   2 free posters (team poster and uniform history poster)
•   4 free t-shirt games
•   10 pint glasses (with 2 others available at radio show and the “hoopla” event this summer)
•   New videos (Bringing back the 'Pray Video")

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:48:02 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Well, there is a new staff running things for the better. The staff before them from 2005 to 2013'ish rested on the Sweet 16's and attendance over 15,000 per game. Thing have changed as we all know. The new staff is working hard at making the fan experience better, with the budget they have to work with.

•   We Are Marquette card program
•   Blankets for season ticket holders
•   Giveaways at 16 of 18 games (has to be some kind of a record for Marquette)
•   2 free posters (team poster and uniform history poster)
•   4 free t-shirt games
•   10 pint glasses (with 2 others available at radio show and the “hoopla” event this summer)
•   New videos (Bringing back the 'Pray Video")

This is garbage.

•   We Are Marquette card program - What value does this bring exactly?
•   Blankets for season ticket holders - It is quite cozy.
•   Giveaways at 16 of 18 games (has to be some kind of a record for Marquette) - I don't believe giving away 1,000 pint glasses at 10 games and 5,000 shirts at three games? That's a bullcrap record at best.
•   2 free posters (team poster and uniform history poster) - Nothing new.
•   4 free t-shirt games - Again, only 5,000 while there are hundreds for sale in the gift shops.
•   10 pint glasses (with 2 others available at radio show and the “hoopla” event this summer) - Bullcrap.
•   New videos (Bringing back the 'Pray Video") and eliminating the Titans video while they are at it.

For 100 Years of Basketball, this has been a big failure in my opinion. 10,000 pint glasses and 20,000 shirts. Not that big of a promotion at all.

As a season ticket holder these promotions are not aimed at me, and looking around the BC, they better start reengaging the season ticket holder base.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 10:36:52 AM »
Sorry you are disappointed with garbage and bullcrap statements you like to use. Funny, for the past 10 years I don't remember any giveaways. So, I see it things are changing for the better in terms of giveways, like back in the Crean era. Looking at the BC, meaning that the no-shows are the same as most in the NCAA's. The team starts being an NCAA team again, folks will be the BC. Let's not judge a non-conference game as a 29 point favorite on a Monday being cold outside.  Just Win!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:40:44 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »
Sorry you are disappointed with garbage and bullcrap statements you like to use. Funny, for the past 10 years I don't remember any giveaways. So, I see it things are changing for the better in terms of giveways, like back in the Crean era. Looking at the BC, meaning that the no-shows are the same as most in the NCAA's. The team starts being an NCAA team again, folks will be the BC. Let's not judge a non-conference game as a 29 point favorite on a Monday being cold outside.  Just Win!!

There have been more giveaways and events this season than any other I can remember. We got new uniforms. Honoring the 1977 team. Season ticket holders names on the floor. Season ticket holders getting to go to practice.

I really don't know what more people want. Free beer (the young alumni already get that) and a Buzz' old manager to flush for you?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »
For 100 Years of Basketball, this has been a big failure in my opinion. 10,000 pint glasses and 20,000 shirts. Not that big of a promotion at all.

As a season ticket holder these promotions are not aimed at me, and looking around the BC, they better start reengaging the season ticket holder base.

They've done some good things. The STH practice was a nice perk. The Spirit Shop discount is nice. One thing that would make a lot of people happy is coming up with a system that is compliant, but also eliminates having to reseat every year.

GoldenEagles1990

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
Spirit shop discount is nice, but there always seems to be a sale and they don't stack discounts, rendering it almost useless.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
All this might be a moot point if MU was playing in deep March.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »
All this might be a moot point if MU was playing in deep March.
Scoopers would find something else to complain
Goal is National Championship

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »
Spirit shop discount is nice, but there always seems to be a sale and they don't stack discounts, rendering it almost useless.

Bingo, is useless.

I'll give them that marketing this program sucks now. Crean was a promoter, Buzz was an act...Wojo is coach speak robot.

feedback