[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Can we please take Jeronne Maymon off the scholarship table?  (Read 8108 times)

ecompt

• All American
Can we please take Jeronne Maymon off the scholarship table?
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
I don't think anyone here wants to be reminded of his tenure.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Can we please take Jeronne Maymon off the scholarship table?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
I don't think anyone here wants to be reminded of his tenure.

A little dramatic. Dude wasn't Niv Berkowitz.

If not for his father, Maymon would've been a solid contributor all four of his seasons at Marquette.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
Yes, I'll remove his forward years, but he'll still be listed (maybe with an asterisk) for this year.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
Yes, I'll remove his forward years, but he'll still be listed (maybe with an asterisk) for this year.

What about Otule?  Won't he be considered a sophomore next year, since he was redshirted this year?

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »
Thank you Golden Avalanche! Thank you!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
What about Otule?  Won't he be considered a sophomore next year, since he was redshirted this year?

I don't think he can be officially red-shirted since he played in 3 "real" games.  Now, the NCAA may grant a medical redshirt since he didn't have that much playing time, but I haven't heard that we've even asked yet (please correct me if I'm wrong).

In general though, if you play in any games during a season, it's too late to take a red-shirt year.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »
I don't think he can be officially red-shirted since he played in 3 "real" games.  Now, the NCAA may grant a medical redshirt since he didn't have that much playing time, but I haven't heard that we've even asked yet (please correct me if I'm wrong).

In general though, if you play in any games during a season, it's too late to take a red-shirt year.

So Junior has been officially redshirted and Otule has not?  Can anyone confirm?

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »

I would be shocked if Otule was not granted a medical redshirt. I believe the threshold for qualifying for a medical redshirt is playing in less than 20% of a season's games. CO certainly qualifies. This is how Alando Tucker played against us five times.

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »
CO will qualify for a redshirt
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
I would be shocked if Otule was not granted a medical redshirt. I believe the threshold for qualifying for a medical redshirt is playing in less than 20% of a season's games. CO certainly qualifies. This is how Alando Tucker played against us five times.

Right.  I think Rocky is just trying to say that they haven't applied to the NCAA yet asking for the medical redshirt.

He will get one, he just hasn't gotten one yet.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
So.  Was there an official announcement that Junior was red-shirted?  I haven't seen anything - and I have looked.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

ondo10

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
So.  Was there an official announcement that Junior was red-shirted?  I haven't seen anything - and I have looked.

All redshirts applications are not submitted (or awarded) until after the season is complete.  Therefore, technically, neither Junior or Chris have been officially granted a redshirt.  However, it is almost a certainty that both will be.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Buzz has implied in a couple pressers that Otule's redshirt is all but certain.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »
Had an opportunity to speak with Steve Cottingham on Saturday.  He stated tht Chris is getting a medical redshirt and will have 3 years left.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »
Had an opportunity to speak with Steve Cottingham on Saturday.  He stated tht Chris is getting a medical redshirt and will have 3 years left.

That's the best confirmation I've heard.  Tonight I'll change the table with these updates.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
If you do that then you might be telling opponent coaches that Otule might be playing against them in 2013... sure we want to reveal that information and risk them being able to game plan around it?   :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »
If you do that then you might be telling opponent coaches that Otule might be playing against them in 2013... sure we want to reveal that information and risk them being able to game plan around it?   :D

MR. HAYWARD is actually Bobby Huggins.  If you perma-ban him it will take care of this problem  8-)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
i think the reason he has not been taken down is becuase of the rumors that he may want to come back

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »
My comment on Jeronne's being taken off the scholarship table was not meant as a slap at the young man, Golden Avalanche. I was only referring to the manner in which he left.

Silky

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 09:36:29 PM »
Give it a rest ecompt.  You don't know what all went down.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 11:20:37 PM »
Wow. That 2010-11 season is going to be critical. Vander's going to be the man and Jamail will hopefully step up cuz 2011-12 looks REALLLLLLLLLLY lean.
SS Marquette

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
Wow. That 2010-11 season is going to be critical. Vander's going to be the man and Jamail will hopefully step up cuz 2011-12 looks REALLLLLLLLLLY lean.

I assume that's sarcasm?  

Anyhow, moving Otule out a year made it look really odd with DJO being the only senior.  Nonetheless, in 11-12 Otule will be and "old" junior, Junior will be an "old" soph,  and Mbao will be a legit junior, about the time big men turn it on.  

That's not even mentioning Vander (who some think will already be in the NBA by that time), Jamail, Ewill and Reggie who I think with both be very good players before they're done at MU.

Ok, I admit it, I'm always optimistic for future season, but just looks like a TON of talent to me - without even knowing who the other 5 potential scholarship players will be.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 12:13:35 AM »
I assume that's sarcasm?  

Anyhow, moving Otule out a year made it look really odd with DJO being the only senior.  Nonetheless, in 11-12 Otule will be and "old" junior, Junior will be an "old" soph,  and Mbao will be a legit junior, about the time big men turn it on.  

That's not even mentioning Vander (who some think will already be in the NBA by that time), Jamail, Ewill and Reggie who I think with both be very good players before they're done at MU.

Ok, I admit it, I'm always optimistic for future season, but just looks like a TON of talent to me - without even knowing who the other 5 potential scholarship players will be.

Not sarcasm at all, Rocky.

Just looking at the players who will be battle-tested and have lots of game experience. Not much.
Talent? sure...but lots of experience will be gone in 2010-11.
The great hope is that Otule and Junior stay healthy, improve tons, and are productive this season and off-season.
SS Marquette

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »
Silky, I don't particularly care why or how it happened. It didn't work out. He's gone.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
It is being reported now that the Maymon's will be attending Tennessee.

Apparently they have some roster spots availalble.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »
I assume that's sarcasm?  

my guess is DJO will not be the only junior on the roster in short order, i would guess his class increases by at least one or two by this summer.

feedback