'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Am I the only one...  (Read 2209 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Am I the only one...
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »
...that wanted the ball in Buycks hand to create at the end of this game?  If you told me that before the game started, I'd have said you were nuts. That was a great pass to Butler in a huge spot.  He's getting better and better.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Am I the only one...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »
I thought I remembered reading at the beginning of the season was that the key to Buycks game, or confidence in his shot, was making baskets early.  He hit those first few shots and he was a completely different player.  He seemed to want the ball more.  Hopefully this is a recurring trend.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
I agree as well, he seems like he is really coming into his own. The only criticism I have on him is that he always seems to take the long 2 rather than to just take the 3.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
I did not want the ball in his hands.  He can create and is fantastic at times, but too often out of control and gives the ball away.  I love the guy on our team, but at the end of the game I want the ball in Zar's hands, or Jimmy's, simple as that.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:58:26 AM »
Buycks played a great offensive game.  We just need him and DJO to continue to learn to play defense.  DJO looked extremely uncomfortable when he had to guard one-on-one beyond the arc.  Our transition defense was atrocious.  Way too many easy lay-ups with no one stepping up to stop the ball.  That being said, I think this game shows we have a legitimate shot to win any game and I was proud of the way we played.

romey

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »
Buycks played a great offensive game.  We just need him and DJO to continue to learn to play defense.  DJO looked extremely uncomfortable when he had to guard one-on-one beyond the arc.  Our transition defense was atrocious.  Way too many easy lay-ups with no one stepping up to stop the ball.  That being said, I think this game shows we have a legitimate shot to win any game and I was proud of the way we played.
I know there were at least three or four times when I yelled at the tv screen "turn around!" as Nova pushed the ball up court and our players had their backs to the ball. transition D was weak.

feedback