[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Scuse Me While We Kiss The Sky"  (Read 7927 times)

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
Re: "Scuse Me While We Kiss The Sky"
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2023, 06:12:33 PM »
U2 yes, the thunderstruck clan is like one of the few things we do that's remotely unique though and that song's still very well known amongst the youths... as a drinking game

Is the drinking game chugging until they say thunder again and then the next person has to chug, and so on? I recently played that game on the local frisbee golf course for the first time, some youths taught me.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

tower912

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2023, 06:23:09 PM »
Leave Ludwig alone.
Why?  He can't hear it any way.

When they dug up his coffin and opened it up, they found him erasing musical compositions.  They asked him what he was doing and he answered, "Decomposing."
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »

When they dug up his coffin and opened it up, they found him erasing musical compositions.  They asked him what he was doing and he answered, "Decomposing."

LOL!

Ludwig was obviously a genius Tower.  Those who attack him have severe problems. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2023, 07:23:49 PM »
Ever since seeing the regularly misunderstood lyrics, I always hear "scuse me while I kiss this guy" when that song comes on. Not sure the Catholics would go for that.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2023, 08:03:37 PM »

His 5th Symphony is perfect if you are, umm..."prepping" for a colonoscopy. Helps you get the job done while listening to classical music. Just get into sync with the symphony.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2023, 08:14:15 PM »
His 5th Symphony is perfect if you are, umm..."prepping" for a colonoscopy. Helps you get the job done while listening to classical music. Just get into sync with the symphony.

Stop attacking our 19th c diminutive citizens Scoop Snoop.  If you don't appreciate Ludwig I don't know what to tell you. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2023, 08:27:02 PM »
Zero chance Ludwig could dunk.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2023, 08:43:20 PM »
Hendrix transcends time. He's not some Weezer like flash in the pan

Unpopular opinion:  hendrix was very overrated.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2023, 08:44:01 PM »
Zero chance Ludwig could dunk.

You have no idea if Ludwig had hops or not and whether he could dunk is irrelevant.  Stop attacking him.  He had more talent in his pinky nail than every person we know has combined.  Indisputable genius whose compositions will last forever. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2023, 09:00:09 PM »
Is the drinking game chugging until they say thunder again and then the next person has to chug, and so on? I recently played that game on the local frisbee golf course for the first time, some youths taught me.

It certainly is. That's been at least played since 2009... *totally not in the dorms*

Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2023, 09:02:07 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2023, 09:02:35 PM »
The song and coordinated arm waving are a total cringefest and I don't think any uniqueness can save that. I'm also convinced that drinking game only exists on and around the MU campus, though that point isn't in my favor ;D

Gonna agree with Vanderbluemangroup on this. I mean most cheers are a "cringe fest" at least it's something. Difference with college vs NBA is college people get into the cringe stuff and have fun while NBA can't be bothered to peep unless they're told to cheer by a loud speaker.
Maigh Eo for Sam

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2023, 09:12:06 PM »
Muggsy would never favor dropping U2 and AC/DC from the playlist

Bono is 5'6"

Malcolm and Angus Young of AC/DC were 5'3' and 5'2" respectively.  Plus AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson is 5'5"
Bon Scott was a relative tower at 5'8"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:13:37 PM by oldwarrior81 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2023, 09:20:39 PM »
Muggsy would never favor dropping U2 and AC/DC from the playlist

Bono is 5'6"

Malcolm and Angus Young of AC/DC were 5'3' and 5'2" respectively.  Plus AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson is 5'5"
Bon Scott was a relative tower at 5'8"

I'm a fan of the Young bros. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2023, 09:28:59 PM »
Okay boomers.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2023, 08:00:30 AM »
Okay boomers.

Last time I saw AC/DC at a sold-out Wrigley Field in 2015 there were plenty of people there in their 20s and 30s, myself included.

You don’t have to be a boomer to know that Back In Black is one of the best rock records of all time.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2023, 08:01:07 AM »
Yeah, I think people are really losing track of time here.  The parents of current college students listened to stuff like the Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer.

Yeah. And Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. Keep in mind that it's been nearly 30 years since Kurt Cobain died.

One fun music tidbit to show how fast time is passing and how old the music some of us grew up with is: today's equivalent of Brian Adams' Summer of '69 would be Summer of '08.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2023, 08:15:23 AM »
The parents of current college students went to high school in the 90s. Purple Haze was the classic rock that their parents (and some of their grandparents) listened to

Yep.  I must say though I have been constantly surprised by the play lists of my high school and college aged kids.  They have playlists for just about any genre of music including classic rock. Although their favorites are rap and country.  Some of the play lists they have are straight out of my college years in the 80s and 90s. 

I think video games and movies have had a big influence on people in their age group.  You like the game or the movie and you like the music in it too.  Introducing old or new music into something they like (Marquette basketball would be another example) will get them to like it too. It will give them a reference point to make it their own.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2023, 09:01:57 AM »
Ah, this explains Muggsy's lovefest.

Too bad Beethoven was a felon.

An SNL Beethoven classic with John Belushi!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2yYT39ybA

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2023, 09:36:25 AM »
It certainly is. That's been at least played since 2009... *totally not in the dorms*

Oh damn i was class of 09. Didn't make it out of the dorms to maryland court by the time I put on my cap and gown, I suppose.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2023, 09:46:16 AM »
Unpopular opinion:  hendrix was very overrated.

Even more unpopular opinion: Zappa was a better guitarist than Hendrix.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »
I'm a fan of the Young bros.

There was another musical Young brother named George.
He was the first in the family to migrate from Scotland to Australia.   While in the band The Easybeats, they had a 60's hit "Friday On My Mind"

Later George worked with the younger brothers as they formed AC/DC.  Produced many of their albums, and even played bass in the band early on.  George's son Stevie took over for Malcolm in the band after Malcolm had passed.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2023, 10:33:45 AM »
Even more unpopular opinion: Zappa was a better guitarist than Hendrix.

ZFB has the banjo kid from Deliverance above em all.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2023, 04:42:19 PM »
Stop attacking our 19th c diminutive citizens Scoop Snoop.  If you don't appreciate Ludwig I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know what to tell you Muggsy. Clueless response from you. My wife and I have been to concerts where Beethoven's symphonies have been performed and thoroughly enjoyed them. Being at a performance of the 9th symphony was an unforgettable experience. It probably offends you that I joked to my wife that I would not want to cross up the very big woman singing "Ode to Joy" as she could have knocked me out cold with one punch. Do you really have such a total inability to see humor in anything? Are you alone the Judge, Jury and Executioner on all matters? Your knee jerk "stop attacking (fill in the blank) is getting really old.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:45:52 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2023, 06:05:18 PM »
I don't know what to tell you Muggsy. Clueless response from you. My wife and I have been to concerts where Beethoven's symphonies have been performed and thoroughly enjoyed them. Being at a performance of the 9th symphony was an unforgettable experience. It probably offends you that I joked to my wife that I would not want to cross up the very big woman singing "Ode to Joy" as she could have knocked me out cold with one punch. Do you really have such a total inability to see humor in anything? Are you alone the Judge, Jury and Executioner on all matters? Your knee jerk "stop attacking (fill in the blank) is getting really old.

You stated Beethoven was colonoscopy music. 

feedback