'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Both Hausers to transfer.  (Read 35543 times)

Daniel

• All American
Re: Hauser to transfer.
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
Seems like Sam’s tweet thanked everybody but the coaches.   

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »
Does he lose a whole year because he used his redshirt already?
For the time being yes but could likely apply for a medical hardship waiver when he graduates and be granted another year.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:55 PM »
One year of Sam would help a team; Joey will be a decent roll player on a good team.  Admittedly, its unfortunate for MU.  Next.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:55 PM »
I will say, this is a dark moment in program history. Not often that the backbone of the program hit the bricks. Sadly, my gut says Wojo has no clue this was going to happen.

No question, Goose.

That said, the way the season ended, MU looked like a team with issues. Why would Wojo be shocked by that?

This feels like the beginning of the end of the Wojo era.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »
They said they wanted to win a national championship together...maybe they should transfer to UW-Stevens Point and go for it at the D3 level

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »
What say you now Wojo backers?? I will hang up and listen. Still think he's doing a great job??

No.

I feel bad for everyone involved.
We Are Marquette

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »
Wisconsin would be blocked.

Schools cannot block anymore.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »
Upward trajectory, aina?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »
Just wondering but why would Wisconsin be blocked? is it just a school would be jealous if they had players that wanted to transfer to a rival so they block them or what>? I say if they want to go to Madison F it. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »
There are logical decisions in life and there are illogical decisions.  My mind is saying illogical at this point. You have two players starting on a Top 10 team next year.  The second team All American announces he will return to MU for unfinished business and in less than five days, your starting frontline is gone and decimated.  Reports are documented that is wasn't the fact Markus is coming back for their departure.  If not that, or it is a mere media deflection of the actual problem, then it could only be one reason, the coach and staff.

Perception of a program in crisis, disarray is not a good thing, especially in the recruiting part.   

Is it too late for Markus to declare back into the NBA draft process?  If I was him, I would seek some sort of waiver. Don't care what the reason the Hausers are leaving for, but Markus will always be the one to blame going forward, especially given the timing of his announcement, then the Hausers. 

Wojo better get some grad transfers in the forward position big time.  He just got small, with no bench and with the teams constant foul issues, it could get ugly.  I said earlier that MU hasn't seen such a transfer since the consecutive years in which Chones, McNeil and Lucas left.  But those were spread out and not in one year. 

Lets hope the real story comes out reference the reason they left, rumors will not help this program in any manner.   

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:16 PM »
This is exactly right   NOT shocking at all guys would NOT want to play with Markus!!!!!
and that's on wojo. his coaching strategy was to hope his star player puts up 40 at the expense of everyone else. any moron could look at that situation and say markus playing hero ball is not good for the team as a whole. either wojo had no balls to change it or he was too stupid.

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 01:06:03 PM »
and that's on wojo. his coaching strategy was to hope his star player puts up 40 at the expense of everyone else. any moron could look at that situation and say markus playing hero ball is not good for the team as a whole. either wojo had no balls to change it or he was too stupid.

True story.  Was looking forward to next year hoping Wojo would rein Markus in.   Now i'm not looking forward to next year at all.   Losing Hausers > Losing Markus

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 01:06:46 PM »
There are logical decisions in life and there are illogical decisions.  My mind is saying illogical at this point. You have two players starting on a Top 10 team next year.  The second team All American announces he will return to MU for unfinished business and in less than five days, your starting frontline is gone and decimated.  Reports are documented that is wasn't the fact Markus is coming back for their departure.  If not that, or it is a mere media deflection of the actual problem, then it could only be one reason, the coach and staff.

Perception of a program in crisis, disarray is not a good thing, especially in the recruiting part.   

Is it too late for Markus to declare back into the NBA draft process?  If I was him, I would seek some sort of waiver. Don't care what the reason the Hausers are leaving for, but Markus will always be the one to blame going forward, especially given the timing of his announcement, then the Hausers. 

Wojo better get some grad transfers in the forward position big time.  He just got small, with no bench and with the teams constant foul issues, it could get ugly.  I said earlier that MU hasn't seen such a transfer since the consecutive years in which Chones, McNeil and Lucas left.  But those were spread out and not in one year. 

Lets hope the real story comes out reference the reason they left, rumors will not help this program in any manner.

The Hausers are not going to come out and say its because of Howard.  Come on man wake up!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
No.

I feel  bad for everyone involved.

Yeah, I agree.  People do what they feel is right for them.  Good Luck to everyone involved.  The Sun will come out tomorrow for all.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
what are the chances markus now enters the draft considering they literally have nobody to spread the offense now, markus won't even come close to the scoring he had this year with the hausers out,  more sam than anything but in theory joey can spread the floor too. 

I would not be shocked one bit if markus now entered but perhaps this all was in motion well before we got wind of the hausers and markus coming back.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
Felt like Joey was never happy

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:20 PM »
True story.  Was looking forward to next year hoping Wojo would rein Markus in.   Now i'm not looking forward to next year at all.   Losing Hausers > Losing Markus

Wrong

1. Markus wants to be here
2. Sam has one year left same as Markus
3. Joey is basically a traffic cone defensively and commits TOs like they are an objective.

Losing them sucks. But give me Markus all day.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:52 PM »
The Hausers are not going to come out and say its because of Howard.  Come on man wake up!

I am well, wide awake.  Read......  Thats why it will always be the perception. 

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
program is going down...big time

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2019, 01:10:03 PM »
Opens up playing  time for Nicolet kids???

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »
Opens up playing  time for Nicolet kids???
hopefully a couple kids from minnesota too

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2019, 01:11:08 PM »

I'm well aware that conventional wisdom on this board is that we were never "really" a Top 10 team this year.  But, we were.  Twice.  You can look it up.  And I'm sure Sam and Joey remember that.  So, they've seen first hand what can happen to a "Top 10" team when there is dysfunction.  In my opinion, the inescapable conclusion is that they believe that there is something broken in the program and they have no faith that Wojo can or will fix it.

This sucks so bad.  Last week I was definitely not in the "fire Wojo" camp because I felt it had been a pretty good year (notwithstanding the train wreck at the end) and because the program was trending upward.  It doesn't appear to be trending upward any more.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »
So Wojo is still the correct man to lead this program?   This is very very ugly.  For what the pundits were saying about how good we were gonna be and they transfer anyways.   All you need to know about the way this program is being run

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: Both Hausers to transfer.
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
Maybe this is dumb, but is it a sure thing that the Hausers are a package deal and sure to transfer to the same school? Their situations are pretty different.