[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Punched, hit or grabbed?  (Read 36914 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Punched, hit or grabbed?
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »
e accepted

;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 11:00:25 PM »
on one side we have JB, Goose, Mr. Sand, Lenny's, and 4ever arguing vehemently that they should be able to openly mock homosexuals.  on the other side we have 77 who *checks thread* used a phrase once and agreed not to use it again.

seems like the christians bigots have the moral high ground here

y'all are spending a ton of energy defending using the word "homo".  i mean in a totally non homophobic way like when i use "Nigg.....never mind i understand now

You made a really dumb comment claiming that anything that is off limits for someone at MUBB to say should be off limits for someone on Scoop to say. I just pointed out how dumb your comment was and gave a couple (could have given many more) examples of why it was dumb.

Please don't misconstrue my use of the term "dumb" as a slur against people unable to speak. I mean "dumb" in the colloquial "not too smart" sense. Also please note that (unlike you) I'm not judging you or calling you hurtful names without knowing who you are. I fully understand that just because you said something that is verifiably dumb it doesn't mean that you are dumb. You may, in fact, be anything but.

I'll let you now get back to judging others you don't know - it seems to fill a void, give you satisfaction and/or make you happy.

Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:04:02 PM by Lennys Tap »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2018, 11:27:53 PM »
Jay Bee

You should know by now that exchanging comments with some posters on here is a complete waste of time. "Some" posters accept anything said on here from "some" posters, and will attack anyone else over smallest comment.

It’s often not what is said, but who says the what.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
It’s often not what is said, but who says the what.

Let freedom ring, aina?

source?

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 12:15:06 AM »
Inb4 lock, somehow.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:59 AM »
nags

Another guy that does not read my posts. You  are flat out wrong on saying I am in favor of mocking anyone. I jumped into conversation when brew used his extremely offensive language, yet again. Another example of someone jumping the gun and taking sides. brew using butthurt should not be accepted on here. Funny thing, I am pretty sure he, and his posse, has used that term directly towards me and no one said a thing.

I simply believe that there are many hypocrites and phonies out there. brew can use offensive language, and his posse ignores it. Someone else says something, and all he’ll breaks out.

Again, please read my posts before commenting on them or me. Part of the problem on here is the premature, or factually inaccurate, attacks. Take your time and read before tossing out unsubstantiated comments or insults.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 01:56:23 AM »
Lenny

There is a faction on here that just want to attack. I state on a thread that UW is not a very good team, and I get hammered for bashing MU. Some on here, sadly more than before, look to attack. I come on here to talk/read ball and talk to my internet buddies. Seems like a faction use Scoop to preach their social/political crap.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2018, 05:34:38 AM »
Goose

I'm sorry to have offended you and will refrain from the use of the phrase in the future. Please pardon me for finding some irony in a situation where someone is offended by a term that means easily offended. I hope you are just as vociferous when people use the term snowflake, which has virtually the same meaning. And I truly wish you had the same feelings when people like JB knowingly use homophobic slurs that impact other members of the Scoop community.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2018, 07:35:57 AM »
Im not aware of any gay Marquette fans.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:59 AM »

Then you aren't paying attention. D'Lo Brown came out on the site the last time this topic came up.

4.5% of the population identifies as LGBTQ so the idea that there aren't LGBTQ users on this site or haven't been LGBTQ basketball players at Marquette is frankly pretty ridiculous.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »
nags

Another guy that does not read my posts. You  are flat out wrong on saying I am in favor of mocking anyone. I jumped into conversation when brew used his extremely offensive language, yet again. Another example of someone jumping the gun and taking sides. brew using butthurt should not be accepted on here. Funny thing, I am pretty sure he, and his posse, has used that term directly towards me and no one said a thing.

I simply believe that there are many hypocrites and phonies out there. brew can use offensive language, and his posse ignores it. Someone else says something, and all he’ll breaks out.

Again, please read my posts before commenting on them or me. Part of the problem on here is the premature, or factually inaccurate, attacks. Take your time and read before tossing out unsubstantiated comments or insults.
Solid point.  I was reacting to the rallying to support the use of the 'no homo'.....or maybe the passive acceptance of bigotry. 

There is a lot of energy here (not in your specific post here but in the previous 75ish posts) to avoid the very basic question of why it's OK to let someone repeatedly use the phrase 'no homo' but it wouldn't be OK to use other slurs.  As i pointed out earlier if someone repeatedly said "Markus needs to stop monkeying around with the ball" it would be far from OK, if someone repeatedly said "Wojo acts like a retard in his huddles" it would be far from OK i.e. rightfully not allowed.....but somehow referring to a person or act as a 'homo' is totally fine and even defendable.  It wouldn't be allowed in the vast number of public forums we all interact in on a daily basis (work, kids school, etc.) so it is difficult to understand why it is accepted here.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »
Solid point.  I was reacting to the rallying to support the use of the 'no homo'.....or maybe the passive acceptance of bigotry. 

There is a lot of energy here (not in your specific post here but in the previous 75ish posts) to avoid the very basic question of why it's OK to let someone repeatedly use the phrase 'no homo' but it wouldn't be OK to use other slurs.  As i pointed out earlier if someone repeatedly said "Markus needs to stop monkeying around with the ball" it would be far from OK, if someone repeatedly said "Wojo acts like a retard in his huddles" it would be far from OK i.e. rightfully not allowed.....but somehow referring to a person or act as a 'homo' is totally fine and even defendable.  It wouldn't be allowed in the vast number of public forums we all interact in on a daily basis (work, kids school, etc.) so it is difficult to understand why it is accepted here.

+1

We all know this isn't okay in society at large. That's a change from the past, but it's where we are now. Other terms and phrases have gone from acceptable to unacceptable in society before. I'm not sure why this site & some of its users are so intent on hanging on to this bigoted & homophobic phrase.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
I see saying “nh” similar to saying “that’s what she said”, “pardon the pun”, “ooops, that came out wrong (nh)”, “uhh, I don’t mean that literally”. The idea that it’s homophobic or an attack on people or homosexuality is created in some of your own minds.

So when Lebron said, “move that mic...(you’re) bout to put it on my mouth nh”, (And wasn’t fined), he didn’t add, “Bc if I meant that if I was gay I’d be an awful person”... but some of you want to create that.

The reality is something like calling people “whiny and butthurt” IS implying gays are weak and into weird @nal sex. So, that’s brewcity77’s go to saying for many years. Maybe he thinks it implies something else? I don’t care that he uses that term often and don’t think he truly thinks so lowly of gays as it appears, but I do care he’s on his high horse about something not homophobic while also calling people butthurt.

#TheRighteousHypocrites are not principled. They create rules based on their feelings of the moment and oddly think it’s a great social action they’re undertaking... yet utter homophobic stuff in the next sentence.

Take care of your own biz if this is so important to you. Stop worrying about others using a common saying.

Your words of righteousness mean nothing. It’s a sham.

You come to talk trash about how good they'll be in the NBA then get butt hurt when someone calls you on your school's NBA history? Welcome to the internet. Maybe if you stopped trolling you wouldn't have these problems.

Do we really have an idiot troll trying to say Gasser is better than Blue? No honest Wisconsin fan would take Gasser over Blue at any point of their careers. Anyone saying otherwise is still just butthurt that Blue turned his back on UW to go to Marquette.

That's where my last paragraph comes in. It's the Internet, haters gonna hate, and you can't get butthurt when they do.

Anyone not realizing what CBB is doing here needs to take a long look in the mirror. A huge section of this board seems to revel in trolling Chicos, then act like butthurt babies when he gives it back to him. Heaven forfend what goes around actually come back around...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:27:51 AM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2018, 08:30:02 AM »

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China??

So if none of "those" people are around it's ok to use derogatory language about them?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
I see saying “nh” similar to saying “that’s what she said”, “pardon the pun”, “ooops, that came out wrong (nh)”, “uhh, I don’t mean that literally”. The idea that it’s homophobic or an attack on people or homosexuality is created in some of your own minds.

Your rationalization fell apart the last time this came up and a Scoop user & member of the LGBTQ community called you on it.

The reality is something like calling people “whiny and butthurt” IS implying gays are weak and into weird @nal sex. So, that’s brewcity77’s go to saying for many years. Maybe he thinks it implies something else? I don’t care that he uses that term often and don’t think he truly thinks so lowly of gays as it appears, but I do care he’s on his high horse about something not homophobic while also calling people butthurt.

None of the definitions I saw on Urban Dictionary indicated anything about homosexuality. It refers to someone easily offended. I use the phrase as a child who's been spanked. Regardless, I've since agreed not to use it because I don't want to offend users like you and Goose who take it personal.

Take care of your own biz if this is so important to you. Stop worrying about others using a common saying.

I will. You should take your own advice and take care of your biz as well. It's not a "common saying" though as I've never heard it used outside this site and your attempts to defend it.

As you have to go out of your way to use it, knowing it offends members of this community, maybe it's time to own your actions.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
Next up on the “make life better for my family” agenda?...

+ brewcity77 will yell at people for jokingly calling me BeeJay

+ rumor is brewcity77 will no longer vote for a STUD of the game and is demanding a name change to Student Athlete of the game

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »
While we're at it, probably should stop using the term "slurpers."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2018, 08:50:55 AM »
The issue that I see with this, Goose, is that Brew was called on it and won't use it again.  BJ, on the other hand, is quite aware that it is a offensive homophobic phrase yet insists on using it as often as possible.

As I said way back when this came up, all he needed to do was say 'sorry, I won't use it again', but instead he chose to double down on his ignorant hate.  Big difference in how each handled it, IMO.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »
Any y'all who can't differentiate between the useless and entertainment value of a website vs reality, just is taking life too seriously or has their priorities misplaced. What the hell is wrong with some of you people?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
Next up on the “make life better for my family” agenda?...

+ brewcity77 will yell at people for jokingly calling me BeeJay

+ rumor is brewcity77 will no longer vote for a STUD of the game and is demanding a name change to Student Athlete of the game

Far easier to shift the goalposts than own your actions, isn't it?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:28 AM »
I'll let you now get back to judging others you don't know - it seems to fill a void, give you satisfaction and/or make you happy.

I'm pretty sure that given their extensive posting histories, we do know enough about them to judge their characters and intent.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:01:44 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
Any y'all who can't differentiate between the useless and entertainment value of a website vs reality, just is taking life too seriously or has their priorities misplaced. What the hell is wrong with some of you people?

Sorry but many of us don’t find homophobic terms to be “entertaining.”  And I personally don’t think we are the ones with misplaced priorities.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
Brew83
It is a small, but vocal, group that gets offended. This is a ball forum and should be fun. Over past couple of years, the fun and laughs have been missing. Truthfully, barring something off the wall, I could not be offended on here. Plenty of comments/jokes I do not think are funny, but never would single someone out.

I enjoy laughs, fun, and jokes very much. I just reject the idea that we must utilize a slur in order to achieve those things.

For example, for awhile Jay Bee was saying (pause) whenever he made a post with an innuendo. Some of those made me laugh out loud.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2018, 09:23:21 AM »
You made a really dumb comment claiming that anything that is off limits for someone at MUBB to say should be off limits for someone on Scoop to say.

I can't speak for Nags, but I don't think this is the point of what he was getting at. He wasn't saying "If MUBB staff can't say it, Scoop can't say it." I think he was trying to get at "why can't MUBB staff say it?" The answer is because it is a joke that is widely considered offensive and contains a word that is derogatory towards a specific group of people. No that doesn't mean it can't be posted on scoop, but I think it does raise the question of "should it be posted on scoop?".
TAMU