* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 98192 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
Time is Money is very true in naming rights deals.  What do people refer to it as now, on the news, etc:  The New Arena?  Certainly not the Northwestern Arena, or whatever. The owner's are missing out on whatever value there has been for the past year in having a contract in place.

The Bucks owners apparently overshot/over valued what the naming rights are worth.  But, I think it will all work out well enough.

It also looks like they may have overreached/overvalued on the entertainment area.  Now it will be smaller and there have been potential tenants securing locations to the north and east, instead of the Buck's entertainment area.  Again, they will be fine, but with less to lease out.  I will be interested to see what ends up there - hopefully not a Miller/Coors or other corporate type of bar/restaurant.
I’ve heard:
The new Bucks arena,
The new arena downtown,
And the new arena most often.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
Time is Money is very true in naming rights deals.  What do people refer to it as now, on the news, etc:  The New Arena?  Certainly not the Northwestern Arena, or whatever. The owner's are missing out on whatever value there has been for the past year in having a contract in place.

The Bucks owners apparently overshot/over valued what the naming rights are worth.  But, I think it will all work out well enough.

It also looks like they may have overreached/overvalued on the entertainment area.  Now it will be smaller and there have been potential tenants securing locations to the north and east, instead of the Buck's entertainment area.  Again, they will be fine, but with less to lease out.  I will be interested to see what ends up there - hopefully not a Miller/Coors or other corporate type of bar/restaurant.

I wonder what they'll be charging for rent for the entertainment area tenants?  Will it be stable like the Fridays at Miller Park?  Or a revolving door like the place in the parking structure across from the BC?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
I am kinda warming up to The WESC.

I like it, The Wish.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
What?!?...the new arena is now going to be called the Milorganite Center? 

That would be a really crappy name.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:07 PM »
The Loaded Slate will have a section with a big patio in the Entertainment Discrict

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »
I'd guess that wall is at exactly the right angle to see the entire court when tucked away back there.

That would be my guess too...but I'm still not sure I'd want to be sitting right next to a big wall like that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:06 PM »
That would be my guess too...but I'm still not sure I'd want to be sitting right next to a big wall like that.

Structural engineering be damned! Can't have this wall supporting the massive dead and live loads on this building next to me!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »
Not a big fan of the long aisles.  Too many up and downs like Miller Park.  The views look greatly improved, however.

Also, what's going on with the floor?  Are those heating or ice coils?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »
The Chaluparena, brought to you by Taco Bell.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »

+1

GOO

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2018, 04:44:54 PM »
Well, my hopes for a darker arena experience have been quashed. 

It is going to be light and bright:

https://www.biztimes.com/2018/industries/arts-entertainment-sports/bucks-arena-90-percent-complete/

Next, I'll find out the rows will be no wider than the BC and everyone in those long rows will have to stand-up to let people past... but I guess more revenue since there will be fewer aisles, which means more seats, which also means you can now charge a premium for seats close to the aisle...

At least we'll have cup holders!  That will be an improvement. Sight lines will be an improvement, so we have that as well. Hopefully more bathrooms and shorter lines at halftime, but I doubt that will happen.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:48:20 PM by GOO »

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »
They should just keep "The Milwaukee Tool Construction Site" name and do "The Milwaukee Tool Center", I see no problems with that

5YearsatMU

• Starter
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »
I was down in Nashville this past weekend with my family for a hockey game. Having never been in another arena besides MSG, I was keen to see what Bridgestone was like. 

Even though it is already over 20yrs old - MUCH nice than the BC.  I can't wait for the new arena to open. . . just hope we'll still be able to justify the ticket costs!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »

This is all I have ever wanted. Would sit in the Baja Blast Zone.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »
Agreed about not expecting the elderly to stand. But there are ways to work around that. Give the students an entire lower bowl section and fill in the alumni on the other side of the stadium and the sections around the students. No alumni have to stand to see the game and most would only have to move back a row or two. Alumni would be grumpy for the first few years but it would become part of the norm in a few year, and eventually a point of pride about having one of the best home atmospheres in the country.

I know, I know. $$$$$. It won't happen. When I win the lottery and commission Benny's On Campus Thunderdome I'll make sure the stadium is designed like Cameron

I thought it was the "MUScoop presents the Dumb and dangerous arena, aina hey?"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
They should just keep "The Milwaukee Tool Construction Site" name and do "The Milwaukee Tool Center", I see no problems with that

I Wish Milwaukee Tool could be up front in those sharp RED Letters. But two reasons why that won't happen.

1. Bucks want a National/Global Brand...They might think "Milwaukee" in the name doesn't fit with what they have in mind.
2. Although MET really is a global brand, growing by leaps and bounds, $20mil/yr they do not want to spend on that type of advertising.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
Not really sure how we will know what the lighting will be, until the season starts.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
I am very excited about the new arena. Think people will be very pleased with all aspects... Except maybe ticket prices haha.

Excited to see what features they come up with for MU games specifically
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »
Jim Paschke long time Bucks TV announcer for 32 years, said the new arena will make fans feel like you are sitting at UWM Panther Arena, aka the old MECCA than the Bradley Center.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2018, 06:56:33 PM »
Jim Paschke long time Bucks TV announcer for 32 years, said the new arena will make fans feel like you are sitting at UWM Panther Arena, aka the old MECCA than the Bradley Center.

Super, when the lease runs out, we can move to the MECCA and it'll feel the same.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
Super, when the lease runs out, we can move to the MECCA and it'll feel the same.

I chuckled.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »

Only if they pipe in some Arby's scents to cover up the effervescent MECCA odiferousness.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »
Only if they pipe in some Arby's scents to cover up the effervescent MECCA odiferousness.

I would be happy just to be free of that foul mini donut smell.
Have some patience, FFS.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2018, 10:44:36 PM »
I would be happy just to be free of that foul mini donut smell.
Floors were pretty nasty during my son's graduation mass. Felt like they had not been clean since '83  :P
Goal is National Championship

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2018, 11:52:46 PM »

Went to a Wave game at the MECCA a few weeks back with ZFK's soccer team.  Place smelled like elephant $hit.

feedback