'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Grad. Transfer PF Options  (Read 86963 times)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
Re: Grad. Transfer PF Options
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:30 AM »
I hear that Dwight Howard kid didn't use up any of his college eligibility. He is a little immature, though.

While we're at it....does Gary Woodland of the PGA Tour have any college eligibility left? Dude can throw down ridiculous dunks....

and those 350 yard fairway smart bombs would do wonders for the big donors at Bo Ellis's  Lake Geneva golf outing!! :-)
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
While we're at it....does Gary Woodland of the PGA Tour have any college eligibility left? Dude can throw down ridiculous dunks....

and those 350 yard fairway smart bombs would do wonders for the big donors at Bo Ellis's  Lake Geneva golf outing!! :-)

I got to play golf with Gary when I was at Cally hq. The noise the ball made when he hit it gave me chills. And he's pretty cool as a person too.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
I think there is a better chance Blossomgame goes to the NBA than Marquette next year, but if we could somehow get him, Damn!!

I think swapping in Blossomgame for HE would be at worst a wash.

He filed papers today for the NBA draft

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »
Here's an interesting name: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2015/11/15/princeton-forward-hans-brase-to-miss-basketball-season/75823122/

As I understand the Ivy League, graduate students are not allowed to participate in athletics. Meaning if Brase graduated (no reason to assume he didn't) he would be forced to transfer if he wanted to continue playing basketball. He's 6-8 230 and averaged 11.5 and 7.5 in his junior season to go along with 51 3PM on 35% 3P shooting. Definitely a step up from the Ivy league to the Big East but Princeton is a good team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 09:09:57 PM »
What about Stefan Jankovic from Hawaii?  They were talking during the Hawaii Maryland game about Hawaii's sanctions for next year, and how it might drive eligible players like Jankovic to transfer.

6'11"
15.7 points
6.6 boards

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 09:23:52 PM »
What about Stefan Jankovic from Hawaii?  They were talking during the Hawaii Maryland game about Hawaii's sanctions for next year, and how it might drive eligible players like Jankovic to transfer.

6'11"
15.7 points
6.6 boards

If he goes, he will be one of the most sought after transfers this offseason. Would love to grab him.
TAMU

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »
Brandon Sherrod from Yale.

Don't think he can play at Yale next year since he is likely graduating. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
But really, if Sherrod and Brase didn't have the grades to make it at Marquette the first time around, what makes anybody think they could get accepted now?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
He filed papers today for the NBA draft

True. But hasn't hired an agent and can come back. Scouts not liking that he's an undersized 4 from what I've heard through the grapevine. He's testing the waters. I'd say hes 50/50 at best.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:05 PM »
Patrick Steeves is graduating from Harvard and thus is ineligible to play for them next season. He has announced that he intends to play basketball next season. He's 6"7 220 so he has the size to play PF but is not a great rebounder only averaged 3.8 rebounds in 23 minutes of work. Part of that is because he is a stretch 4 and shot a very nice 46% from three. Don't think he's what we are looking for to replace HE Man but could add some depth.
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »
If he doesn't rebound well for his height, he'll fit right in.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »

6'11"
15.7 points
6.6 boards

Hawaii to Milwaukee would be a real kick in the groin. With that said, sign me up :)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »

6'11"
15.7 points
6.6 boards

He already transferred once from Missouri and was granted an exemption from sitting out a year (I'm guessing because of sanctions?), would they really allow it a second time.

I would assume he can't graduate after only 3 years total at two different schools.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 05:29:14 AM »
Hawaii to Milwaukee would be a real kick in the groin. With that said, sign me up :)
Milwaukee has better Serbian restaurants.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »
Savin Goodman -AZ state - 6'6 220
Undersized but tough PF who averaged 10 and 6. Stan Johnson connection

Darion Clark - USC - 6'7 220lbs
Described as an athletic defender and rebounder. Averaged 3 and 5 this past season. But the previous year he averaged 6 and 6. Played HS ball at oak hill and played freshman year at Charlotte.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
He already transferred once from Missouri and was granted an exemption from sitting out a year (I'm guessing because of sanctions?), would they really allow it a second time.

I would assume he can't graduate after only 3 years total at two different schools.

He redshirtted his freshman year at Mizzou. He's been in school for four years. Don't know for sure that he is graduating, but I would imagine so.
TAMU

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
UNLV sophomore F (6'8" - 210) Dwayne Morgan will transfer. Not a great shooter but he's super athletic and was a top recruit coming out of high school.  Another of Dave Rice's high recruits who didn't develop in his two years at UNLV.

247 - 4* - Rankings: National #23 - SF #5 - Maryland #1 

Might not be a fit at this time for MU.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:46:07 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »
An unlikely name but I'll throw it out there. Kale Ambrahamson from Drake. 6"8 221. Averaged 11.1 ppg and 3.8 rpg while shooting 35% from beyond the arc. Again, not the rebounder we are looking for but brings some size and some outside shooting.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 02:10:48 PM »
Patrick Steeves is graduating from Harvard and thus is ineligible to play for them next season. He has announced that he intends to play basketball next season. He's 6"7 220 so he has the size to play PF but is not a great rebounder only averaged 3.8 rebounds in 23 minutes of work. Part of that is because he is a stretch 4 and shot a very nice 46% from three. Don't think he's what we are looking for to replace HE Man but could add some depth.

I'd love it if we could find room for Steeves. I know he might not be exactly what we are looking for, but he's got one of the best comeback stories of the year.

http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2016/01/30/patrick-steeves-harvard-basketball
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
I'd love it if we could find room for Steeves. I know he might not be exactly what we are looking for, but he's got one of the best comeback stories of the year.

http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2016/01/30/patrick-steeves-harvard-basketball

I didn't know that about him. Since he missed three seasons due to injury, would he be eligible for the Chris Otule plan? Seems like the kid deserves another year of eligibility.
TAMU

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
If he doesn't rebound well for his height, he'll fit right in.

No sh*t  :) Well played.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
I know these aren't Grad Transfers but I thought it worth noting that the UWM program is in total meltdown.  I'm blaming the AD.  I hope these kids find a nice role somewhere.  I'd get the heck out of dodge too.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/3-top-uwm-players-considering-leaving-team-b99693324z1-373273901.html

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »
I know these aren't Grad Transfers but I thought it worth noting that the UWM program is in total meltdown.  I'm blaming the AD.  I hope these kids find a nice role somewhere.  I'd get the heck out of dodge too.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/3-top-uwm-players-considering-leaving-team-b99693324z1-373273901.html

Article states that all Horizon League schools and Marquette are on the no-transfer list.  One of the players speculated it might be because we are in talks to play them.

That said, Springs is a guy I wouldn't mind adding, though it sounds like he and Johnson (high school teammates too) might be a package deal

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »

Arias Austin is a grad transfer. 6"6 200 wing. 11.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 35% 3P shooting. Not what we are looking for, but could have probably scraped out some minutes for us off the bench.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2016, 10:25:46 PM »
Article states that all Horizon League schools and Marquette are on the no-transfer list.  One of the players speculated it might be because we are in talks to play them.

That said, Springs is a guy I wouldn't mind adding, though it sounds like he and Johnson (high school teammates too) might be a package deal

I don't buy that "talks to play them" theory at all. This is nothing but spite on the part of UWM. They're upset because of Lovell and because we refuse to play them on their court. Feel like Springs would be a good fit, if a bit undersized.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback