[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: First Interior Images of New Bucks Arena  (Read 9830 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: First Interior Images of New Bucks Arena
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Then admit it.  Greg Monroe chose Milwaukee over the Knicks.  Same offers were on the table.

The Bucks have a great young core that will be fun to watch.

+1.

As a Bulls fan, the Bucks are the only team in the next 5 years that have the potential of dethroning LBJ in the East.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
+1.

As a Bulls fan, the Bucks are the only team in the next 5 years that have the potential of dethroning LBJ in the East.

With JFB on the team, we are all Bulls fans now. 

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »
Hope they stick with the wood paneling in the atrium...
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »
+1.

Not if the Bucks don't do something about the PG position. When your best option is Jerryd Bayless...yeesh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
Then admit it.  Greg Monroe chose Milwaukee over the Knicks.  Same offers were on the table.

Greg Monroe is an elite free agent?  That's what I stated...cream of the crop type free agents. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 06:11:36 AM »
Greg Monroe is an elite free agent?  That's what I stated...cream of the crop type free agents.

A guy who averaged 16 and 10 in a crowded front court last year? Yes, he is an elite free agent.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

He was offered a max contract by two teams and was considered the best free agent during the off season. 

If that isn't elite, I'm not sure what is. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »
As someone that has been involved in making commercials for the last 20 years I can tell you why that is, but I suspect you already know.   8-)

Chico's, not only that, but in commercials for most any product, when one person has the good version (the sponsor's product) and another has the inferior one, it is rarely if ever the "person of color" that has the inferior product.  A friend of mine once pointed it out to me a few years back, and I've noticed since that it seems to be true.  Is that a real thing or am I just imagining it?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »

That's exactly where I was going.  For the first time in decades,  the Bucks are an attractive franchise.  First Kidd, then Monroe.  You youngsters might not know that they were routinely a Top 3-4 Eastern team throughout most of the 70s and 80s, even post Kareem.  It's been fun watching them become relevant again.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 09:43:44 AM »
Chico's, not only that, but in commercials for most any product, when one person has the good version (the sponsor's product) and another has the inferior one, it is rarely if ever the "person of color" that has the inferior product.  A friend of mine once pointed it out to me a few years back, and I've noticed since that it seems to be true.  Is that a real thing or am I just imagining it?

Once I was watching television with a friend of mine in the advertising business when a commercial for Popeye's came on.  In the commercial, the "director" of the commercial had to yell "Cut" because the "stage manager" (who was African American) walked into the frame and helped himself to a drumstick from the box the spokesperson was holding.

My friend, astonished, said, "I can't believe they did that!  I can't believe that Popeye's is airing a commercial in which a black guy is stealing fried chicken -- and from a white guy!"

I don't know if she was the only one who noticed it, but I don't ever recall seeing that particular  commercial again.
Have some patience, FFS.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
What level are the skybox's?  one above the lower bowl, one above 2nd level?  none above the 3rd level?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
I think the renderings look cool. I'm excited to watch Warrior basketball there.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 10:13:41 AM »
+1.

They will be good, sure, but that is a little too strong of a statement.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »
So what exactly is a "vomitory" hole?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »
So what exactly is a "vomitory" hole?

It's where the students who did too much pregaming wind up puking.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »
It's where the students who did too much pregaming wind up puking.

Have seen vomit sinks in the bars/restaurants in Poland, replere with the universal projectile puking symbol.  Right next to the baby changing table.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:55:01 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »
Wish I actually was kidding, but here it is:

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/arts/bucks-reveal-teaser-images-of-new-arenas-interior-b99611490z1-342646192.html?page=1

I'm sure this commenter was referring to JS writer Mary Louise Schumacher pointing out/complaining that the artist renderings released last week of the new "Gateway to the Lakefront" at O'Donnell Park was made up of all whites.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 04:19:46 PM »
You losers all suck. The Bucks are the most exciting young franchise in the league.  Dare I say that the average age of the impact players is younger than my MU Senior son. New ownership has been outstanding and MKE has become a sought after destination for free agent players. 'Fear the deer, bitch!'

Agreed. I am actually a Wolves fan, but I love watching the Bucks.  That team is so long and athletic (insert joke from the usual suspects), it is amazing. 

Sconnies should love the Bucks.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
Not if the Bucks don't do something about the PG position. When your best option is Jerryd Bayless...yeesh.

MCW isn't exactly a slouch, but yeah, not an elite PG option.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:03 PM »

Monroe certainly was highly sought after in the off season and one of the best available. Solid get for the bucks.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »

Tyler Ennis was a #1 pick last year also who just got healthy. 5 star 1 & done. He might be serviceable at some point

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »
With all that Green Notre Dame would feel right at home. Good thing we don't play them any more.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »
With all that Green Notre Dame would feel right at home. Good thing we don't play them any more.

In the end they'll probably put a more muted color on the seats so it's not as obvious when they're empty.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2015, 05:23:52 PM »

I still think the trade to get him was a good move because 1) I wasn't/am not a Knight fan (though he's a billion times the player that Jennings is...thank you Pistons, and for Middleton, and for taking Irs off of our salary cap so we could afford Moose...dang, the Pistons are very generous) and 2) it's better to get somebody who at the very least could potentially contribute to the future than to have someone just walk when last year wasn't going to be our season anyways.

Having said all that, MCW is a PG who looks to score first despite being a guy who's going to shoot 40% from the field and 25% from the 3 point line while having a 1.75/1 A:T ratio.  Those are very poor numbers from a point guard.  In order to win a title you need either a top flight point guard or a true superstar that can completely will a team to a championship.  I wasn't sure that the Bucks were going to have that player, but while he's not there yet, the jump that Giannis took from last year to this year is very promising.  If he can continue that progression then a top 10-15 point guard will do (MCW is not that and never will be).  If not, then the Bucks will need a top 5-10 point guard at the very least.

feedback