[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 259271 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #2350 on: March 04, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
Dish,

Would love your insight on Bears QB search. Media is sure making it sound like Bears are offering the most for Watson and Russ

Kind of hard to keep up. Earlier in the week, Rappaport as saying Alex Smith (ok), Mariota (sure), and Darnold (dear god no) as realistic options for the Bears.  Which isn’t scintillating but seems reasonable coming from a solid source.

Now all of a sudden, it seems like I’m the last 36 hours Pace has started firing calls and texts off. Or someone in Halas Hall cause the smoke has popped up everywhere.

Trade every 1st rounder till 2028 for all I care. This organization has been terrible with them anyways. Wilson supposedly wanting to turn around a historic franchise is the exact kind of silly heroic thinking that a desperate Bears fan like we would welcome right now.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2351 on: March 04, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »
Kind of hard to keep up. Earlier in the week, Rappaport as saying Alex Smith (ok), Mariota (sure), and Darnold (dear god no) as realistic options for the Bears.  Which isn’t scintillating but seems reasonable coming from a solid source.

Now all of a sudden, it seems like I’m the last 36 hours Pace has started firing calls and texts off. Or someone in Halas Hall cause the smoke has popped up everywhere.

Trade every 1st rounder till 2028 for all I care. This organization has been terrible with them anyways. Wilson supposedly wanting to turn around a historic franchise is the exact kind of silly heroic thinking that a desperate Bears fan like we would welcome right now.

The problem starts with ownership giving Nagy/Pace 1 year to turn this around. Those two will mortgage the future of the franchise to try and have 1 good season to hold on to their jobs/paychecks.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2352 on: March 04, 2021, 06:20:37 PM »
The problem starts with ownership giving Nagy/Pace 1 year to turn this around. Those two will mortgage the future of the franchise to try and have 1 good season to hold on to their jobs/paychecks.

I’m with you. But it’s kind of historic to have 2 top 10 QBs, one who is a SB winning HOF-ish track QB and the other arguably #2 of the “next gen” guys, available.   Chances like that just don’t come around much. Especially for a franchise that’s been so snakebitten at the most important position in football.

Both guys would be welcomed by any future GM or Coach if the Bears still move on.  It’s not like going all in for OBJ or someone to jolt the offense

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2353 on: March 05, 2021, 01:12:11 PM »
I got a text last night from an old friend I hadn’t talked to in years. Ironically he now lives in the Pacific Northwest now (works for Adidas). He said “lots and lots of smoke on Russ heading your way”.

I personally have felt strongly Russ gets traded (more so than Watson). If it’s to Chicago, the Bears are desperate, and I could see something crazy like Jaylon Johnson and three first rounders going to Seattle.

The issue with getting a trade done now is Wilson would have to cut a $20 mil (I believe that’s the number) check to Seattle to pay back his signing bonus by March 16th. The Bears (or whoever) would then extend or create new paper, that offsets the $20 mil.

Long story short, Wilson is either traded in the next 11 days, or after June 1st.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2354 on: March 05, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »
I got a text last night from an old friend I hadn’t talked to in years. Ironically he now lives in the Pacific Northwest now (works for Adidas). He said “lots and lots of smoke on Russ heading your way”.

I personally have felt strongly Russ gets traded (more so than Watson). If it’s to Chicago, the Bears are desperate, and I could see something crazy like Jaylon Johnson and three first rounders going to Seattle.

The issue with getting a trade done now is Wilson would have to cut a $20 mil (I believe that’s the number) check to Seattle to pay back his signing bonus by March 16th. The Bears (or whoever) would then extend or create new paper, that offsets the $20 mil.

Long story short, Wilson is either traded in the next 11 days, or after June 1st.

Ug.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2355 on: March 05, 2021, 01:58:35 PM »
Ug.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The Bears only have two players with trade value, Jaylon Johnson and Roquan. Issue with Roquan is another team is only getting two years left on his rookie deal, and then will have to give him a significant contract in 2023. Johnson is arguably the most valuable asset on the roster in terms of trade capital.

Don’t believe any of that Mooney has value or that Mack will be part of any trade (he won’t be).

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2356 on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:53 PM »
The Bears only have two players with trade value, Jaylon Johnson and Roquan. Issue with Roquan is another team is only getting two years left on his rookie deal, and then will have to give him a significant contract in 2023. Johnson is arguably the most valuable asset on the roster in terms of trade capital.

Don’t believe any of that Mooney has value or that Mack will be part of any trade (he won’t be).

Oh. I understand the player value.

I'm talking about giving up that much draft capital.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2357 on: March 05, 2021, 02:46:43 PM »

Meh.  Pace will just piss away the draft picks.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2358 on: March 05, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »

You're giving up draft picks for a proven commodity.  I FAR prefer this to giving up draft picks to move up or whatnot for a college QB.  Even if the Bears had a decent first round track record, would you rather 1 Pro Bowl OL or Linebacker or a proven SB winning QB?  People overvalue draft picks.  The last 10 picks at #20 have yielded good OLineman but not much else.  I can miss out on a Brandin Cooks or Noah Fant for a QB.  Assuming that all 3 picks would be very good or contributing players is a mistaken bias.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2359 on: March 05, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »
You're giving up draft picks for a proven commodity.  I FAR prefer this to giving up draft picks to move up or whatnot for a college QB.  Even if the Bears had a decent first round track record, would you rather 1 Pro Bowl OL or Linebacker or a proven SB winning QB?  People overvalue draft picks.  The last 10 picks at #20 have yielded good OLineman but not much else.  I can miss out on a Brandin Cooks or Noah Fant for a QB.  Assuming that all 3 picks would be very good or contributing players is a mistaken bias.

The problem with that is that you have to fill a roster with a set amount of money and therefore a set amount of talent.

Removing draft picks removes the opportunity for cheap, high level talent

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2360 on: March 05, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »
As a Packer fan I'd worry about the Bears if they got Watson.  Russell has God on his side, but I think Watson is significantly better at football.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2361 on: March 05, 2021, 05:04:02 PM »
As a Packer fan I'd worry about the Bears if they got Watson.  Russell has God on his side, but I think Watson is significantly better at football.

Bears won’t have concussions anymore since he invented concussion water
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2362 on: March 05, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »

What is Deshaun going to do in Chicago with no line or skill players?  They're going to suck ass regardless of who they get. 

There is some decent help on defense, but they have a new coordinator, so that could be a roll of the dice.

Personally, Chicago is headed for a worse record than last year... unless they make a TON of moves.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2363 on: March 05, 2021, 05:58:03 PM »
What is Deshaun going to do in Chicago with no line or skill players?  They're going to suck ass regardless of who they get. 

There is some decent help on defense, but they have a new coordinator, so that could be a roll of the dice.

Personally, Chicago is headed for a worse record than last year... unless they make a TON of moves.

Allen Robinson would like a word.  That’s not Bears homer talk, dude is an absolute stud who was wasted all year.

Cole Kmet was a top half of a second round pick who looked good and is only 21.

Cohen is supposed to be healthy. And he’s a problem.

If you want to say none of that matters cause Nagy is a bum who can’t play call for shiz. I won’t argue with you. But assuming a legitimate QB who can make plays and actually hit an open target, it’s not like the Bears have no weapons. Mooney would also benefit HUGE from a QB who can actually throw a deep ball.

The OL is a mess, but for my many challenges with the Bears, skill players aren’t the most glaring issue for me

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2364 on: March 05, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »
Allen Robinson would like a word.  That’s not Bears homer talk, dude is an absolute stud who was wasted all year.

If you want to say none of that matters cause Nagy is a bum who can’t play call for shiz. I won’t argue with you. But assuming a legitimate QB who can make plays and actually hit an open target, it’s not like the Bears have no weapons. Mooney would also benefit HUGE from a QB who can actually throw a deep ball.

The OL is a mess, but for my many challenges with the Bears, skill players aren’t the most glaring issue for me

No Monte love? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2365 on: March 05, 2021, 06:37:10 PM »
No Monte love?

I have no clue if Nagy can call even a reasonable run game. Cohen at least is a major threat catching the ball or split out

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2366 on: March 05, 2021, 06:40:43 PM »

Isn’t Robinson a free agent?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2367 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:16 PM »
Isn’t Robinson a free agent?

Yup, and they won't be able to afford him.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2368 on: March 05, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »
Yup, and they won't be able to afford him.

Pretty sure they're going to tag him

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2369 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:06 PM »

Then they're going to be out of money.  It's not a great situation they are in.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2370 on: March 05, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »
If need be...cut Jimmy Graham. Also, for all their failings, the Bears have been pretty good restructuring contracts, so I can see them reworking Fuller and Hicks deals.  Maybe Eddie Jackson.

They don’t have tons of flexibility, but they will keep A Rob and make room for a QB if need be.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2371 on: March 09, 2021, 12:59:28 PM »

Bump

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2372 on: March 09, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »
Cowboys 4 years 160 million for Dak Prescott. I guess one less team for Russell Wilson to be traded to .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2373 on: March 09, 2021, 08:46:59 PM »
USA Today’s most recent mock had a bevy of trades.  Seahawks trading Wilson to the Jets and moving up to #2.  Texans trading Watson to Miami for Tua and picks....and then Bears trading with the Giants to move up to 11 to get Mac Jones.  Which is probably the most Bears prediction actually.   Trade up and forfeit draft capital needed to shore up various holes in the roster...for a QB not in the establish top 4 projected as top 10 picks and who may be around late in the first if not later.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2374 on: March 09, 2021, 10:32:45 PM »
USA Today’s most recent mock had a bevy of trades.  Seahawks trading Wilson to the Jets and moving up to #2.  Texans trading Watson to Miami for Tua and picks....and then Bears trading with the Giants to move up to 11 to get Mac Jones.  Which is probably the most Bears prediction actually.   Trade up and forfeit draft capital needed to shore up various holes in the roster...for a QB not in the establish top 4 projected as top 10 picks and who may be around late in the first if not later.

I am quite worried that the Panthers might do something stoopid like this, too. I don't want Mac Jones, and I certainly don't want to trade up to get him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback