[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 259245 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #2150 on: February 09, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
92 Million TV, 6 Million Streaming for Super Bowl. Numbers are down 9% overall. Regular Season waa down 7%. Streaming is up 65%.

It was the least watched Super Bowl since 2007.

(It's still 40-50 Million more than any other program for the year.)

Maybe they should have moved it to Saturday night.

/ducks/

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2151 on: February 09, 2021, 03:25:02 PM »
That Wentz to the Bears rumor started by the Eagles radio sideline reporter was one of the dumbest things I saw over the weekend. The Eagles using her to float a terrible rumor to gain leverage with the Colts was laughable.

Tarik Cohen’s contract is untradeable in 2021. If the Bears trade Cohen, it would trigger negative $2 million in cap space ($5 mil dead cap minus $3 mil 2021 salary). And why would Philly take on Cohen’s contract?

The entire charade was so dumb. I don’t know why Schefter or other insiders bought into Wentz being traded “immediately”. Philly has until early March when Wentz’s roster bonus is converted to trade him. Philly trying to stir up leverage by using the media means they’re desperate to get another team outside the Colts to bite.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2152 on: February 09, 2021, 04:52:04 PM »
That Wentz to the Bears rumor started by the Eagles radio sideline reporter was one of the dumbest things I saw over the weekend. The Eagles using her to float a terrible rumor to gain leverage with the Colts was laughable.

Tarik Cohen’s contract is untradeable in 2021. If the Bears trade Cohen, it would trigger negative $2 million in cap space ($5 mil dead cap minus $3 mil 2021 salary). And why would Philly take on Cohen’s contract?

The entire charade was so dumb. I don’t know why Schefter or other insiders bought into Wentz being traded “immediately”. Philly has until early March when Wentz’s roster bonus is converted to trade him. Philly trying to stir up leverage by using the media means they’re desperate to get another team outside the Colts to bite.

So you don't think bears are involved? At least in an serious capacity?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2153 on: February 09, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
So you don't think bears are involved? At least in an serious capacity?

I’m sure conversations have taken place between the Bears and Eagles. I’m also sure both the Bears and Colts balked at whatever Philly was asking for, hence the leaked rumor. Any trade for Wentz is going to be “what else am I getting?” more so than about Wentz.

If Philly insists on a first round pick back, I’d stand firm on this offer and wouldn’t budge:

Wentz, Philly’s 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd

Bears 2021 1st, Foles

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2154 on: February 09, 2021, 05:13:22 PM »
Got it, so you're sticking with the fact that injuries didn't affect the outcome of the game.  Good stuff as always Lenny!

Facts I’m “sticking with”:

1 The Chiefs were routed worse than any Super Bowl loser in nearly two decades.
2. Of the 22 players who started vs Cleveland and Buffalo (where the Chiefs were “easy money”), one (1) missed the game against Tampa Bay.

Opinions I derive from those facts:

1. An offensive lineman (or two, if you go back a month or two) wouldn’t have made enough of a difference to turn an embarrassing defeat into a victory.

2. Whether you’re 3, 33 or 63, sticking with the claim that this year’s version of the KC Chiefs is the best team you’ve ever see is absurd.

But good stuff as always, BLM!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2155 on: February 09, 2021, 06:59:20 PM »
Facts I’m “sticking with”:

1 The Chiefs were routed worse than any Super Bowl loser in nearly two decades.
2. Of the 22 players who started vs Cleveland and Buffalo (where the Chiefs were “easy money”), one (1) missed the game against Tampa Bay.

Opinions I derive from those facts:

1. An offensive lineman (or two, if you go back a month or two) wouldn’t have made enough of a difference to turn an embarrassing defeat into a victory.

2. Whether you’re 3, 33 or 63, sticking with the claim that this year’s version of the KC Chiefs is the best team you’ve ever see is absurd.

But good stuff as always, BLM!

Yeah, continuing to ignore that the best player in the world is going under the knife tomorrow and is expected to miss most of the offseason team activities.  But fair enough.  You think it doesn't make the difference.  Here's a fact for you.  It did make the difference.  The Chiefs beat the Bucs in Tampa when they were relatively healthy earlier in the year.

But you don't like that fact.  So ignore it!

Anyways, I found the Lennys Tap Year End NFL Power Rankings!

1) Miami
2) Buffalo
3) Baltimore
4) Green Bay
5) Tampa Bay
6) Pittsburgh
7) Washington
8) LA Chargers
9) Denver
10) Carolina
11) NY Giants
12) Cincinnati
13) New Orleans
14) LA Rams
15) Indianapolis
16) Las Vegas
17) Seattle
18) Chicago
19) Cleveland
20) Jacksonville
21) Atlanta
22) Arizona
23) San Francisco
24) New England
25) Detroit
26) Kansas City
27) Tennessee
28) Philadelphia
29) NY Jets
30) Minnesota
31) Houston
32) Dallas
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2156 on: February 09, 2021, 08:03:50 PM »
Yeah, continuing to ignore that the best player in the world is going under the knife tomorrow and is expected to miss most of the offseason team activities.  But fair enough.  You think it doesn't make the difference.  Here's a fact for you.  It did make the difference.  The Chiefs beat the Bucs in Tampa when they were relatively healthy earlier in the year.

But you don't like that fact.  So ignore it!

Anyways, I found the Lennys Tap Year End NFL Power Rankings!

1) Miami
2) Buffalo
3) Baltimore
4) Green Bayp
5) Tampa Bay
6) Pittsburgh
7) Washington
8) LA Chargers
9) Denver
10) Carolina
11) NY Giants
12) Cincinnati
13) New Orleans
14) LA Rams
15) Indianapolis
16) Las Vegas
17) Seattle
18) Chicago
19) Cleveland
20) Jacksonville
21) Atlanta
22) Arizona
23) San Francisco
24) New England
25) Detroit
26) Kansas City
27) Tennessee
28) Philadelphia
29) NY Jets
30) Minnesota
31) Houston
32) Dallas

Who cares what Mahomes is doing tomorrow? As I said, tons of players have off seasons surgeries. Sunday he ran all over the field (although mostly sideways and backwards) and nobody was outrunning him.

The Bucs were ordinary early (7-5) as Brady got used to his personnel and they got used to him. The Chiefs were a little better than the Bucs when they beat them by 3 points in the regular season. So what? The Bucs were 8-0 down the stretch, won at New Orleans and Green Bay in the playoffs and smoked KC in the most important game of the season.

Why you just can’t admit the obvious - that you overrated this year’s Chiefs - is silly. But whatever.

As for my fictional “power ratings” - WTF?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2157 on: February 09, 2021, 08:24:10 PM »
Who cares what Mahomes is doing tomorrow? As I said, tons of players have off seasons surgeries. Sunday he ran all over the field (although mostly sideways and backwards) and nobody was outrunning him.

The Bucs were ordinary early (7-5) as Brady got used to his personnel and they got used to him. The Chiefs were a little better than the Bucs when they beat them by 3 points in the regular season. So what? The Bucs were 8-0 down the stretch, won at New Orleans and Green Bay in the playoffs and smoked KC in the most important game of the season.

Why you just can’t admit the obvious - that you overrated this year’s Chiefs - is silly. But whatever.

As for my fictional “power ratings” - WTF?

What I've learned form Lenny.

1) Just about every starting quarterback in the league will have had a major surgery the week after their last game of the season (I haven't heard of one, but I'll trust Lenny knows what he's talking about).
2) The Chiefs being down two starting tackles didn't affect them.
3) Patrick Mahomes wasn't getting chased down all night by defenders, he was outrunning everyone (ignore the 52% pressure, 29 pressures, a Super Bowl record.  Nope.  The defense could not catch him).
4) Bucs proved they were the better team even without the injuries because they only lost at home by 3 and then they won 8 straight games.  (Ignore that the overrated, average Chiefs had won 12 of 13 games going into the Super Bowl, with the only loss being week 17 when they sat everyone).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:28:38 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2158 on: February 09, 2021, 08:31:01 PM »

1) Just about every starting quarterback in the league will have had a major surgery the week after their last game of the season (I haven't heard of one, but I'll trust Lenny knows what he's talking about).
3) Patrick Mahomes wasn't getting chased down all night by defenders, he was outrunning everyone (ignore the 52% pressure, 29 pressures, a Super Bowl record.  Nope.  The defense could not catch him).
4) Bucs proved they were the better team even without the injuries because they only lost at home by 3 and then they won 8 straight games.  (Ignore that the overrated, average Chiefs had won 12 of 13 games going into the Super Bowl, with the only loss being week 17 when they sat everyone).

He’s so very Chico’s.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2159 on: February 09, 2021, 08:41:59 PM »
Did I read that the cars Britt Ried hit were parked? Not a good situation. Hope the young girl is able to recover, for everyone involved.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2160 on: February 09, 2021, 09:33:40 PM »

Things I learned from BLM:

1.Pointing out the fact that it’s common in the NFL for guys to continue to play with conditions that end up requiring off season surgery translates to “just about every starting quarterback will have a major surgery the week after their last game”.

2.Being down one offensive lineman from three fourths of the AFC championship game is worth 4 touchdowns. Or 5 or 6 if Tampa had decided to keep scoring down the stretch.

3.Being “pressured” and being able to run away from it without being caught is proof that you can’t run at all.

4. If you go 6-2 over your last 8, outscore your opponents by 5 points total and lose the championship game by 22 you’re the best team in history. If you go 8-0, outscore
your opponents by 118 points total and beat the greatest team to ever lace ‘em up in the championship game you’re nothing.

5. If the greatest team ever assembled loses an offensive lineman in October it will cost them a Super Bowl 4 months later.

6. Almost forgot. Wojo will be legendary at Marquette. He’ll turn us into Duke North (pre covid Duke, of course).

Of course he hasn’t always been right. He’s had some misses, too.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2161 on: February 09, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »

1.Pointing out the fact that it’s common in the NFL for guys to continue to play with conditions that end up requiring off season surgery translates to “just about every starting quarterback will have a major surgery the week after their last game”.

2.Being down one offensive lineman from three fourths of the AFC championship game is worth 4 touchdowns. Or 5 or 6 if Tampa had decided to keep scoring down the stretch.

3.Being “pressured” and being able to run away from it without being caught is proof that you can’t run at all.

4. If you go 6-2 over your last 8, outscore your opponents by 5 points total and lose the championship game by 22 you’re the best team in history. If you go 8-0, outscore
your opponents by 118 points total and beat the greatest team to ever lace ‘em up in the championship game you’re nothing.

5. If the greatest team ever assembled loses an offensive lineman in October it will cost them a Super Bowl 4 months later.

6. Almost forgot. Wojo will be legendary at Marquette. He’ll turn us into Duke North (pre covid Duke, of course).

Yup. You only had to go back 7 years to find my misses. Like I said, you desperately needed a win, glad you got it big guy!

The pretzels you’ve twisted yourself into are hilarious.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2162 on: February 09, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »
Yup. You only had to go back 7 years to find my misses. Like I said, you desperately needed a win, glad you got it big guy!

The pretzels you’ve twisted yourself into are hilarious.

7 years? How about two days? Or more accurately, 30 minutes?

Glad you found my pretzels hilarious. They were meant to be. They were in response to the mean spirited ones you’ve been twisting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2163 on: February 10, 2021, 06:27:22 AM »
7 years? How about two days? Or more accurately, 30 minutes?

Glad you found my pretzels hilarious. They were meant to be. They were in response to the mean spirited ones you’ve been twisting.

Lol. Mean spirited? Apologies Lenny. I didn’t realize bringing up the Super Bowl record for pressures in a game was “mean spirited.”

I’ll stop questioning you. Your response to having a banged up quarterback playing behind an offensive line missing 40% of its starters is “So what?”. You watched the game and came away thinking the defense could not catch Patrick Mahomes. How you possibly came away with that conclusion when pretty much anyone else watching that game was wondering if the Chiefs should pull Mahomes so he didn’t get murdered once the game was out of reach is beyond me, but ignorance is bliss so I apologize for being “mean spirited.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2164 on: February 10, 2021, 12:37:26 PM »
Knock it off, kids.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2165 on: February 10, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »
This Tweet about Mahomes is fantastic and shows what some of the Bucs thought about him.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:15:15 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2166 on: February 10, 2021, 02:46:05 PM »
Saw some interesting viewing numbers for Super Bowl.

18-49 years old.

Past 20 years or so.

2000 to 2010 viewership up a little bit from roughly 36M to close to 40M, peaking in 2012 at just over 40M. Viewership has declined every year since. In particular, since 2017 to now, it has dropped fast, down 10M to roughly 26/27M now.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2167 on: February 10, 2021, 03:03:10 PM »
Saw some interesting viewing numbers for Super Bowl.

18-49 years old.

Past 20 years or so.

2000 to 2010 viewership up a little bit from roughly 36M to close to 40M, peaking in 2012 at just over 40M. Viewership has declined every year since. In particular, since 2017 to now, it has dropped fast, down 10M to roughly 26/27M now.

The age of NFL viewership continues to increase.  And I mentioned this earlier, but advertisers know this.  The ads seemed to be geared toward people my age (53).  I mean...Jason Alexander???

And the NFL knows this too.  (The Nickelodeon telecast is an attempt to change this.)  But that's not a long term solution.  They would do good to tighten up the telecast (less advertisements) and loosen up on social media.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2168 on: February 10, 2021, 04:18:21 PM »

come to think about it, both MU and Duke are under .500 this year. Maybe he was right about Wojo!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2169 on: February 10, 2021, 06:37:26 PM »
Oh look.. wades on another thread rampage about something stupid.

The chiefs lost, were not the greatest team ever.

Arrieta didn't do roids.

Wojo isn't the answer.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2170 on: February 10, 2021, 07:19:31 PM »
Oh look.. wades on another thread rampage about something stupid.

The chiefs lost, were not the greatest team ever.

Arrieta didn't do roids.

Wojo isn't the answer.

So you’re buying that an injured QB behind a line missing both its tackles makes no difference. Despite the Chiefs having beaten the Bucs earlier in the season when healthy.

Sounds about right for you lol.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2171 on: February 10, 2021, 08:18:55 PM »
So you’re buying that an injured QB behind a line missing both its tackles makes no difference. Despite the Chiefs having beaten the Bucs earlier in the season when healthy.

Sounds about right for you lol.

There's tackles we're fine in the afc championship.

Mahomes is repairing a turf toe. It looked like he ran pretty good. Let me know how that effected his throwing ability. Remember that he threw a pass while he was sideways 40 yards.

You're right, we should just had the championship to whoever wins over Thanksgiving. Because teams have no ability to improve or correct mistakes. With that theory the packers should have just handed the bucs the nfc championship.

As I've said before, please seek help. You have a serious issue.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2172 on: February 10, 2021, 08:28:44 PM »
There's tackles we're fine in the afc championship.

Mahomes is repairing a turf toe. It looked like he ran pretty good. Let me know how that effected his throwing ability. Remember that he threw a pass while he was sideways 40 yards.

You're right, we should just had the championship to whoever wins over Thanksgiving. Because teams have no ability to improve or correct mistakes. With that theory the packers should have just handed the bucs the nfc championship.

As I've said before, please seek help. You have a serious issue.

Right. Their tackles were fine against the Bills. Too bad one of them tore his Achilles and couldn’t play against the Bucs lol.

You’re right. Mobility is unimportant for quarterback. Especially when their two starting tackles are out. Lol.

You do realize the Packers lost to the Bucs again? Lol.

Thanks for the laughs. Your self awareness is second to none.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2173 on: February 10, 2021, 08:40:10 PM »
Yup, I forgot the packers got blown out for a 2nd time. Oh wait.. it was a one possession game. Who were the bucs missing that caused that one to become a game?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2174 on: February 10, 2021, 08:57:48 PM »
Yup, I forgot the packers got blown out for a 2nd time. Oh wait.. it was a one possession game. Who were the bucs missing that caused that one to become a game?

Well, I mean Antione Winfield and Antonio Brown weren’t insignificant losses. Thanks for even more laughs. Guess we can count this as a Packers Super Bowl! Only lost to the Bucs by 5, count it as a win!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:05:39 PM by BLM »

feedback