[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 259288 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #1850 on: January 24, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »
How the hell was the line for the Bills/Chiefs game only Chiefs -3.5? Opened at -3, I put more money on the Chiefs than I’ve ever put on one bet on Monday when they said Mahomes just had a "pinched nerve." Figured that line would balloon throughout the week. This team was 16-1 going into today, defending Super Bowl champs, and at home. And it's not like the Bills looked overly impressive last weekend.

The Chiefs are a wagon. They’re the best team I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I wish Lenny had been right that there was a way to bet on them going 18-1 after they had lost to the Raiders.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1851 on: January 24, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »
How the hell was the line for the Bills/Chiefs game only Chiefs -3.5? Opened at -3, I put more money on the Chiefs than I’ve ever put on one bet on Monday when they said Mahomes just had a "pinched nerve." Figured that line would balloon throughout the week. This team was 16-1 going into today, defending Super Bowl champs, and at home. And it's not like the Bills looked overly impressive last weekend.

The Chiefs are a wagon. They’re the best team I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I wish Lenny had been right that there was a way to bet on them going 18-1 after they had lost to the Raiders.

You would have already lost that bet.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1852 on: January 24, 2021, 08:57:14 PM »
Chiefs need to get their backups on the field.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #1853 on: January 24, 2021, 09:03:38 PM »
An interesting take from Brett Favre on who the Jags should take with Number 1 pick
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/24/brett-favre-trevor-lawrence-devonta-smith-nfl-draft-jaguars/

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1854 on: January 24, 2021, 09:14:02 PM »

It was super suspicious.  That basically had them as a pick em on a neutral field. I could only think it was related to Mahomes health.  His toe, not just his residual effects from the hit last week.  If I had known that’s how Buffalo would treat Kelce, I would have maxed out every CC betting on them.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1855 on: January 24, 2021, 09:14:43 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

1. There was a way to make that bet, which I explained to you but I guess it went over your head.
2. The Chiefs can’t go 18-1 since they have already lost twice. So the bet would have been a loser.
3. Before tonight, the “wagon” that is Kansas City had scored a grand total of 15 points more than their opponents in their previous nine (9) games. Their largest margin of victory were 6 point wins over Denver and Miami. Included in their run were a 2 point win over Carolina and a miracle 3 point win over Atlanta. Going into tonight, I believe they were 0-9 ATS in their last 9 games. I may be wrong as they may have one “push” in that span. Too lazy to look it up, I’ll leave that to you. Bottom line: they may win the Super Bowl, but they haven’t been anything close to the best team ever this year.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:17:17 PM by Lennys Tap »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1856 on: January 24, 2021, 09:24:56 PM »
It was impossible to know Covid was going to happen at the time, but I wonder if NBC has any regrets swapping the 2021 Super Bowl for the 2022 Super Bowl. I know NBC’s goal was to package the 2022 Winter Olympics with the Super Bowl to advertisers, but Brady/Mahomes should be gigantic ratings.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1857 on: January 24, 2021, 09:47:49 PM »
You’ve got the best QB in the world and you’ve already picked Brady 3x.

Go for it on 4th down.

Of course there are no guarantees. Even the FG wasn’t guaranteed.

As Sultan said, even if you don’t make it, TB gets the ball on the 8; let’s see how willing TB is to take chances from there.

Go for it.

But no ... kick the FG ... and never see the ball again.

And now, Brady has won as many NFC titles as Rodgers has.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1858 on: January 24, 2021, 09:53:41 PM »
Wow. Just wow.

1. There was a way to make that bet, which I explained to you but I guess it went over your head.
2. The Chiefs can’t go 18-1 since they have already lost twice. So the bet would have been a loser.
3. Before tonight, the “wagon” that is Kansas City had scored a grand total of 15 points more than their opponents in their previous nine (9) games. Their largest margin of victory were 6 point wins over Denver and Miami. Included in their run were a 2 point win over Carolina and a miracle 3 point win over Atlanta. Going into tonight, I believe they were 0-9 ATS in their last 9 games. I may be wrong as they may have one “push” in that span. Too lazy to look it up, I’ll leave that to you. Bottom line: they may win the Super Bowl, but they haven’t been anything close to the best team ever this year.

Apologies. For some reason I thought they won their game where they sat their starters in week 17. And I’m fairly confident they were not -14.5 or more at the Raiders, but I could be wrong. They were also up 22-10 and driving against the Browns before Mahomes had to leave the game.

Glad the spread was -3 as of Monday. That was very easy money.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1859 on: January 24, 2021, 10:53:45 PM »
You’ve got the best QB in the world and you’ve already picked Brady 3x.

Go for it on 4th down.

Of course there are no guarantees. Even the FG wasn’t guaranteed.

As Sultan said, even if you don’t make it, TB gets the ball on the 8; let’s see how willing TB is to take chances from there.

Go for it.

But no ... kick the FG ... and never see the ball again.

And now, Brady has won as many NFC titles as Rodgers has.

I wouldn't have been mad if Lafleur went for it, but frankly your argument is leaning a little too much on hindsight.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1860 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:14 PM »
Look guys, we can bitch about the flag all we want, but our coach and HOF QB lost that game.  3 picks into zero points, and 3rd down was an easy run in.  Plus not going for it on 4th down.

If Rodgers wants to dip after this season, then that's fine.

The worst thing about the entire season was that our #1 pick was inactive most of the season.  What the hell.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #1861 on: January 25, 2021, 04:49:12 AM »
3 picks into zero points.

Not correct.  Packers scored a touchdown off of the second interception.  That's where they went for the two-point conversion and failed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1862 on: January 25, 2021, 06:25:38 AM »
Look guys, we can bitch about the flag all we want, but our coach and HOF QB lost that game.  3 picks into zero points, and 3rd down was an easy run in.  Plus not going for it on 4th down.

If Rodgers wants to dip after this season, then that's fine.

The worst thing about the entire season was that our #1 pick was inactive most of the season.  What the hell.

If you rewatch the third down play, Rodgers was getting to the 3 yard line at best on that play. They weren’t at like the 3 yard line. They were at the 8 I think. He had room, but not that much.

And the worst is that they drafted all offensive players through 4 rounds of the draft and they combined for under 500 total yards I believe.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1863 on: January 25, 2021, 06:31:41 AM »
I wouldn't have been mad if Lafleur went for it, but frankly your argument is leaning a little too much on hindsight.

I would agree ... if I and the 3 others in the room weren't literally saying things like, "What are you doing? You gotta go for it!" in real time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1864 on: January 25, 2021, 06:37:34 AM »
Greg Olsen announced his retirement yesterday.

Not HOF material, but a really really good TE who was Newton's security blanket for 8 years. First TE with 3 straight 1,000-yard seasons, multiple Pro Bowls. Arrived from Chicago in the best trade in Panthers history.

A valuable contributor to the Charlotte community, too. Gave millions of dollars and countless hours to the local children's hospital.

He'll step right into the Fox booth and do a great job. He has worked for them some when injured these past few years and was really good.

I only own a few jerseys, and I don't really like wearing active players' jerseys. I'll happily wear my Olsen jersey for many years.

• All American
« Reply #1865 on: January 25, 2021, 07:30:38 AM »

Rodgers said yesterday that had he known they would have kicked on the 8, he would have run the ball.  I think he should have anyway.  He likely doesn't get in but they are inside the five. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1866 on: January 25, 2021, 07:35:49 AM »
Wouldn't shock me if #12 demaned to be traded or released, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #1867 on: January 25, 2021, 07:49:10 AM »
Wouldn't shock me if #12 demaned to be traded or released, hey?

With three years on his deal, the Packers aren't releasing him.  And with the amount of deadcap that a trade would cause, that is likely not going to happen either.  A straight up Rodgers for Deshaun Watson trade would be kind of fun to think about though.

I actually think you might see the opposite.  Extend him a couple of years and throw some money at him now to lessen the cap hit later.

But I am like Dish.  I think we see one more year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1868 on: January 25, 2021, 07:53:44 AM »
https://youtu.be/SnEOmjr5K5g

The offensive lineman isn’t holding Rashan Gary, though.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1869 on: January 25, 2021, 08:03:22 AM »
Rodgers said yesterday that had he known they would have kicked on the 8, he would have run the ball.  I think he should have anyway.  He likely doesn't get in but they are inside the five.

Yes on all of the above.

Rodgers should have run, and I am 100% certain LaFleur should have gone for it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1870 on: January 25, 2021, 08:30:09 AM »

That’s surprising. I would think I’d 3rd down was your last chance to score, running wouldn’t have been an option. He wasn’t going to score running. But, if he thought they had another down, gaining 5 more yards would make it easier to score on 4th.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1871 on: January 25, 2021, 08:55:33 AM »
With three years on his deal, the Packers aren't releasing him.  And with the amount of deadcap that a trade would cause, that is likely not going to happen either.  A straight up Rodgers for Deshaun Watson trade would be kind of fun to think about though.

I actually think you might see the opposite.  Extend him a couple of years and throw some money at him now to lessen the cap hit later.

But I am like Dish.  I think we see one more year.
My guess is they will most likely restructure to save cap space and then keep him at least through next year maybe through 2022. They still have 4 first team all pros and 2 second team all pros so no reason they cant make a run again next year. After next year they will know more of what they have in Jordan Love.
But who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him after June 1st either.

In the 90's it took a few playoff losses for them to get over the hump. The same maybe true here for LeFluer. They played well enough to win yesterday for most of the game.  It's not like they were outclassed like they were last year. One playoff loss doesnt slam the window shut. They will still fundamentally be the same team next year. It's up to Gutey to make the right moves this off season, but it doesnt feel like a blow it up and start over team.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1872 on: January 25, 2021, 10:07:59 AM »
Apologies. For some reason I thought they won their game where they sat their starters in week 17. And I’m fairly confident they were not -14.5 or more at the Raiders, but I could be wrong. They were also up 22-10 and driving against the Browns before Mahomes had to leave the game.

Glad the spread was -3 as of Monday. That was very easy money.

They weren’t -14.5 against the Raiders. That much you have right. But my recollection is they only beat them by 4 (35-31). Look, KC is a very good team this year. Maybe they’re peaking at the right time and will dominate in the super Bowl. But nobody who has paid any kind of attention would say they’re a team for the ages. Before yesterday, they hadn’t won a game by more than 6 points in two and a half months. And many of those squeakers were against bad teams (Carolina, Denver, Atlanta).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1873 on: January 25, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
They weren’t -14.5 against the Raiders. That much you have right. But my recollection is they only beat them by 4 (35-31). Look, KC is a very good team this year. Maybe they’re peaking at the right time and will dominate in the super Bowl. But nobody who has paid any kind of attention would say they’re a team for the ages. Before yesterday, they hadn’t won a game by more than 6 points in two and a half months. And many of those squeakers were against bad teams (Carolina, Denver, Atlanta).

So a team coming off of a Super Bowl and pretty much a lock for the 1 seed in the Playoffs for the last month of the season played uninspiring football for the last month of the season and are now dominating the playoffs, with the exception of the 1.5 quarters their future HOF quarterback missed.

But maybe the Falcons and Jets are almost as good of football teams as the Chiefs.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1874 on: January 25, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »

I thought -3 was insane value too.

Being able to get a push in a FG win was enticing enough. And I really never had a thought they Bills would win. So I hit it hard.

Needed it cause GB did me no favors.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback