[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TV for Pitt Game...  (Read 7661 times)

wardle2wade

• All American
TV for Pitt Game...
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
This is probably best answered by Chicos...

Does anyone know if MU's game vs Pitt is on nationwide on CBS?  I'll be in the Bay Area and am hoping since it's a 10am PST tipoff that it will be on all over the country.  I just want to make sure I won't be watching the ice capades or UCLA-ASU that morning on the west coast.

Can anyone confirm?

This is all I found at this point and it looks mostly useless... http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports

If it isn't nationwide, any good bets on how to watch it?

Thanks!

klyrish

• All American
Re: TV for Pitt Game...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
If games are on a national network, doesn't that mean it's on nationally? I can't think of a single time Go Marquette (http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/marq-m-baskbl-sched.html) has had a game on one of the ESPN networks that wasn't available everywhere. I'd assume the same holds true for CBS. The only time you wouldn't get a game is if it's, say Sports32 or whatever and you'd have to get it on ESPN3.

Unless something has changed drastically, it's not like the NFL where you only get certain games in certain markets.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »
If games are on a national network, doesn't that mean it's on nationally? I can't think of a single time Go Marquette (http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/marq-m-baskbl-sched.html) has had a game on one of the ESPN networks that wasn't available everywhere. I'd assume the same holds true for CBS. The only time you wouldn't get a game is if it's, say Sports32 or whatever and you'd have to get it on ESPN3.

Unless something has changed drastically, it's not like the NFL where you only get certain games in certain markets.

Okay thanks.  Maybe it's been 5-10 years ago, but I definitely remember CBS airing different Saturday/Sunday games for different markets.  Either that or I've made it up.  Maybe they got rid of that.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:41:28 PM »

No. Games maybe on national network but not broadcasted nationally.  Just think of NFL football but not to the same extent.  Typically, the local station will pick up the local game but if there isn't one then it will pick up a national game.  Based on the guide, I think it is going to be Tennessee vs Kentucky.  Though according to Directv it is the generic "college basketball" in Chicago.  That could mean they Have not decided which game has a more national appeal.

http://www.locatetv.com/listings/cbs#16-Feb-2013

Based on the URL above it will be multiple games based on region.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
Wow, that's so lame. I had no idea they did that with college bball, too.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »
You might be able to watch it on CBS Sportsline.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
Well, this sucks.  They updated the listing on http://www.locatetv.com/listings/cbs#16-Feb-2013 and in the SF Bay Area, the MU-Pitt game will not be on CBS and instead CBS will have the riveting Kentucky-Tenn game.

I can't find any link to watch it online... does that exist?  Also, how big of a sports package must a bar have to show the game?  Is that even possible?

Long story short, how do west coasters watch the game this weekend?  Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »
Well, this sucks.  They updated the listing on http://www.locatetv.com/listings/cbs#16-Feb-2013 and in the SF Bay Area, the MU-Pitt game will not be on CBS and instead CBS will have the riveting Kentucky-Tenn game.

I can't find any link to watch it online... does that exist?  Also, how big of a sports package must a bar have to show the game?  Is that even possible?

Long story short, how do west coasters watch the game this weekend?  Any advice appreciated.

Tspano83 works for bw3.  Their deal is that if it is broadcast, they will have it.

Go warriors!

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
I can never understand why everyone gets so excited by an MU appearance on network TV. It's a regional game that will only reach a fraction of the country. Out here on the West coast, there's no chance that game will make it to my TV.

Give me ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU any day.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

Thanks!

IIRC, satellite providers in some DMA's have East Coast/West Coast alternates for the networks.  Not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but perhaps a west coasty could pick up a CBS-East alternate feed and watch the game?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
Not national. But as stated above, if you find someone who has DirecTV and has the sportspack, you'll be able to watch the game on Saturday on Channel 729.
GO WARRIORS!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
Here in N.C., listings say Tar Heels game is on from noon-2, followed by the second half of MU-Pitt joined in progress. Not thrilled about that, but if true it's better than having to watch on my laptop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
Not national. But as stated above, if you find someone who has DirecTV and has the sportspack, you'll be able to watch the game on Saturday on Channel 729.

Thank you for this... Just called the pub down the street and they have DirecTv andcan put it on.  Thankfully, it's a soccer bar which opens 7am, plenty of time for a 10am tip. 

Fyi, it's Kezar Pub for anyone in San Fran who's looking to catch the game.  I'm hoping if I tip em a twenty they'll put it up on their giant projection screen.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

Is 729 a part of the sport pack?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
No. Games maybe on national network but not broadcasted nationally.  Just think of NFL football but not to the same extent.  Typically, the local station will pick up the local game but if there isn't one then it will pick up a national game.  Based on the guide, I think it is going to be Tennessee vs Kentucky.  Though according to Directv it is the generic "college basketball" in Chicago.  That could mean they Have not decided which game has a more national appeal.

http://www.locatetv.com/listings/cbs#16-Feb-2013

Based on the URL above it will be multiple games based on region.

Correct, games can be provisioned based on geography.  Also correct, because the game with Kentucky and Tennessee is on, more than likely MU's game will go to about 25% of the country (just a guess) while UK game will get 75%.  Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and the split is different, but that's my hunch at this point.  Kentucky just got ranked today so that also will help CBS make that call, even if MU and Pitt are both ranked.  Just the way it is...it's money and ratings.

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
Been burned by CBS regional coverage several times and wish they would not bother with this.  If ESPN does not show it, at least I get it in ESPN3.

Anyone find out if CBS will have it on internet?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Been burned by CBS regional coverage several times and wish they would not bother with this.  If ESPN does not show it, at least I get it in ESPN3.

Anyone find out if CBS will have it on internet?

That's my point. Everyone does cartwheels when MU is listed for a network game. Who cares? Odds are it won't airing in your area—unless you live in Wisconsin. At least an ESPN (or FOX Sports in 2014 :)) game can be seen—no matter where you are.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
I get some of your guys points. It still doesn't change the fact that I'm happy Marquette is playing a home game on CBS.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
How many free throws have we missed?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »
I've asked CBS today for the coverage map.  They were going to send it to me tomorrow...I'll share it when I get it.  That will tell you who gets it and who doesn't.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
Looks like it will be streamed online, according to this:  http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/cbk-live

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
We get a little more than 25%.  The quality of the image isn't great, but basically blue = Pitt and MU, green = Kentucky.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
Is 729 a part of the sport pack?

Waiting for an answer to this question. Anybody?

Eye

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »
Surprised Chicos hasn't answered that yet, but my recollection is that yes, the CBS out-of-region feeds (720s) for college buckets regular-season games are part of the sports pack. Hopefully he can confirm that with 100 percent certainty for you.
GO WARRIORS!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »
Surprised Chicos hasn't answered that yet, but my recollection is that yes, the CBS out-of-region feeds (720s) for college buckets regular-season games are part of the sports pack. Hopefully he can confirm that with 100 percent certainty for you.

Sorry, didn't see that question.  Honestly, I can't remember.  We don't market that as part of that package, but instead talk of the RSNs, etc.  I believe it is, but will need to double check in the morning. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »
Does CBS make games available online? 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
Only Seattle-Tacoma out West is blue?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
Yes, game on channel 729 is in Sports Pack.  This is the last week of the year that is the case for those overflow games on CBS national.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »
Thanks Chicos, saved me a call to direct tv and the fun process of pressing buttons to get to a human being.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
So, Piit-MU is going to 41% of the country.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
Thanks Chicos, saved me a call to direct tv and the fun process of pressing buttons to get to a human being.

If ever you don't feel like "pushing buttons," just a quick jaunt to Inverness and you could go knock on the door instead.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

You should get a human being very quickly.  An American one, too. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »
If ever you don't feel like "pushing buttons," just a quick jaunt to Inverness and you could go knock on the door instead.

Yup, that's one of 25 call centers...right off the freeway there.  Of course they do other things there, too, but there are a few 100 agents there...one of the smaller call centers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

Is one allowed to say that today?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
Is one allowed to say that today?

You can so long as your preference is for a minority... that's why it is perfectly acceptable to ask to speak to an American if you're in California.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
Does CBS make games available online? 

yes, a select few. it looks like we are in luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/cbk-live

i have watch games on this link this year already.  you must watch it live though

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
You can so long as your preference is for a minority... that's why it is perfectly acceptable to ask to speak to an American if you're in California.

LOL. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
yes, a select few. it looks like we are in luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/cbk-live

i have watch games on this link this year already.  you must watch it live though
Thanks for doing the legwork I was too lazy to do  ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »
Yes, game on channel 729 is in Sports Pack.  This is the last week of the year that is the case for those overflow games on CBS national.

Thanks Chicos. I think I can find an establishment here in Charlotte that will have this.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:52:10 PM by MU82 »

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
16 Pittsburgh @ 18 Marquette, 12:00
CBS: Spero Dedes, Greg Anthony

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
Thanks for tracking this info down, i would have been pissed if I waited until Saturday morning and saw UK vs. TENN playing on CBS..
#barf

chren21

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »
Game day should have a nice piece on our game today featuring 2 top 20 teams.   Or I will be disappointed. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
Does anyone know what sportsbars in New Orleans have Directv sportspack?

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »
I just hope we perform highly on national tv this time.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »
Does anyone know what sportsbars in New Orleans have Directv sportspack?

There's an app called directv sports bar finder....free to download.  Mostly for NFL Sunday Ticket but I think it has other sports packages as well

theodoc

• Walk-On
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »
I live in the South and all I see is KY-TN. Any hope for DISH users outside the region?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »
Thanks Chicos.  There are a ton of sports bars with Directv in the Quarter.  Now the trick is to find the best one that has the sportspackage showing the Marquette game.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »

I have to say that is absolutely not true.  We used to have Direct TV and never will again.  Customer service is dreadful (it is for all cable companies, but DTV takes it to a new level).  After hours on the phone getting bounced from person to person to person we had everything all set up.  The last guy then informs me that the "plan" they offered me I was ineligible for and that I would have to pay an extra $40 a month.

After informing him that was unacceptable, he tried to convince me that I already agreed to the terms and it was not his fault that the deal they offered was invalid.  I told him where he could shove it.

Two hours later (now no longer a DTV customer) I got a call back from them asking me if I wanted to subscribe to DTV, the deal they offer is the same one I spent hours on the phone with to find out that I was not eligible. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2013, 10:05:39 AM »
I have to say that is absolutely not true.  We used to have Direct TV and never will again.  Customer service is dreadful (it is for all cable companies, but DTV takes it to a new level).  After hours on the phone getting bounced from person to person to person we had everything all set up.  The last guy then informs me that the "plan" they offered me I was ineligible for and that I would have to pay an extra $40 a month.

After informing him that was unacceptable, he tried to convince me that I already agreed to the terms and it was not his fault that the deal they offered was invalid.  I told him where he could shove it.

Two hours later (now no longer a DTV customer) I got a call back from them asking me if I wanted to subscribe to DTV, the deal they offer is the same one I spent hours on the phone with to find out that I was not eligible. 

I said you would get a human being quickly, and an American one.  On average, wait times are very short.  I stand by that and it's backed up by industry statistics, awards, etc.  Yes, television support is not fantastic, we are the best in the industry but admit that isn't saying much in that area.  So to say we are worse than the industry, well that would conflict with JD Power, University of Michigan, NPS, etc awards given out yearly.  Sorry you had a bad experience.  But will you get an American if you call?  Yes.  Will you get a human being very quickly?  Yes.  That's what I said and in comparison to the industry, that is correct.  Many others, you will not get an American, you won't get 24/7 support, and you wait (on average) longer.  That's not me talking, that's industry statistics.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
Thanks Chicos.  There are a ton of sports bars with Directv in the Quarter.  Now the trick is to find the best one that has the sportspackage showing the Marquette game.

When I was there two weeks ago in the Quarter, we watched the IU game and a few others at various bars.  Wish I could remember which one had Sports Pack.  Lafitte's maybe?  Copper Monkey (ask for Lauren from Ireland..great gal)?  I think we stopped in at the Monteleone Hotel at their bar (if I recall, that's where MU stayed in 2003 for the Final Four), they may have had it as well.  Honestly can't remember.  Huck Finn's might have it also.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:13:08 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
I may regret this, but...Chicos was correct.  I called, just to verify I could watch the game on CH 729, and I was speaking to an American within 30 seconds.  Well done Chicos!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
I said you would get a human being quickly, and an American one.  On average, wait times are very short.  I stand by that and it's backed up by industry statistics, awards, etc.  Yes, television support is not fantastic, we are the best in the industry but admit that isn't saying much in that area.  So to say we are worse than the industry, well that would conflict with JD Power, University of Michigan, NPS, etc awards given out yearly.  Sorry you had a bad experience.  But will you get an American if you call?  Yes.  Will you get a human being very quickly?  Yes.  That's what I said and in comparison to the industry, that is correct.  Many others, you will not get an American, you won't get 24/7 support, and you wait (on average) longer.  That's not me talking, that's industry statistics.

Last I checked they had successfully moved from a rating of F to D+ for their customer service from agencies like the BBB or consumer affairs.  Maybe it has changed, I left them 2 years ago, but when I was a customer you could get a person to talk to if you said you were signing up for new service.  But if you had issues with existing service, you sat on the phone forever.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
Great Sports Bar app.....Whenver I call I get someone within 30 seconds at the most and have had DirecTV for close to 13 years now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »
Last I checked they had successfully moved from a rating of F to D+ for their customer service from agencies like the BBB or consumer affairs.  Maybe it has changed, I left them 2 years ago, but when I was a customer you could get a person to talk to if you said you were signing up for new service.  But if you had issues with existing service, you sat on the phone forever.

I think you may want to watch a bit about the BBB scam....if you don't pay for a rating, you don't get a good grade.  They've been exposed.  We refuse to pay for the rating.  Neither do many others like Wolfgang Puck...an F.  Ritz Carlton...F.  Disneyland...F.   Please. Total scam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 11:17:50 AM »
I just hope we perform highly on national tv this time.

we will do fine because over half the country cant see the game.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
KY-TN SUCKS BALLS!!!!
SS Marquette

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
Wow, got the game in our area although it said KY-Tenn yeees!
Goal is National Championship

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
I may regret this, but...Chicos was correct.  I called, just to verify I could watch the game on CH 729, and I was speaking to an American within 30 seconds.  Well done Chicos!

Incidentally, the game is in HD on 729-1

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2013, 12:06:53 PM »
Wow, got the game in our area although it said KY-Tenn yeees!

Some parts of the country are "constant", some are able to switch back and forth.  The map breaks out which ones are constant and which ones aren't.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »
Showing Kentucky game here in Nor-Cal.....but Quette game available online at CBSSports.com
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

feedback