[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Maymon

Wish him luck
69 (47.9%)
Wish his future turns out like ODB, and later regret leaving MU.
75 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: Maymon to UT  (Read 15469 times)

Fullodds

• All American
Re: Maymon to UT
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
One player dismissed.  Rumors are that the others will return once charges are dropped.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
How deep is their roster with those 4 players getting suspended indefinitely?

I'd think JM is an upgrade to the UT roster, especially if he learned a lesson (he'll play where he's supposed to play)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »
I'd think JM is an upgrade to the UT roster, especially if he learned a lesson (he'll play where he's supposed to play)

That's a shame that he had to learn that lesson there and not at MU

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »

Deep enough to beat Kansas.

While they lost quite a bit of talent, you wonder if this will strengthen the bond of the current team.  And if I had to guess, I bet at least 2 of those guys are back by March.  Tyler Smith of course not being one of them, obviously.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:45:06 PM by MU_B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

bma725

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

It isn't.

They started the year with 11 scholarship players.  Emmanuel Negedu collapsed during training and had heart surgery that ended his career.  That put them down to 10.  With the 4 that were arrested they are down to 6 scholarship players at the moment.

They have 3 walk ons that will play big minutes, one of whom is Pearl's son.  The other two are non traditional walk ons.  Skylar McBee had offers from East Carolina, Santa Clara and couple other places but chose to walk on at UT.  Josh Bone is the other, he was actually a scholarship player at Southern Illinois who transferred to UT a two years ago.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
I realize willie was talking about Tim.  Tim has no bearing on our program and just happens to be the father of one of our former players.  Sniping at the guy is juvenile, especially when you're just "feeding the troll."  If you stop feeding the troll and more often than not the troll goes away.

"Tim has no bearing on our program" may now be true, but it was not when Jeronne was here.

Since you are upset about my comment about Tim. at least be consistent and condemn all the others that have made comments about Tim. Or is it that you do not have a sense of humor?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »
"Tim has no bearing on our program" may now be true, but it was not when Jeronne was here.

Since you are upset about my comment about Tim. at least be consistent and condemn all the others that have made comments about Tim. Or is it that you do not have a sense of humor?

I don't get upset by what's posted by an anonymous fool on the internet :P

How would I condemn everyone hating on Tim?  I'm not going to quote every single person doing it.  I assumed that using your post as an example and stating my opinion would sufficed.  There's no need for me to spam the boards with the same comment over and over. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
I can't believe this board is tied in this poll.  Really you want this kid to fail?  Really?  Did him leaving the MU team the way he did affect you so negatively you wish this kid ill will in his life?

Kinda sad 'Scoopers.

LON

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »
I can't believe this board is tied in this poll.  Really you want this kid to fail?  Really?  Did him leaving the MU team the way he did affect you so negatively you wish this kid ill will in his life?

Kinda sad 'Scoopers.

A useless poll that pretty much only reflects negatively...

mujaxson

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
Goodman just tweeted.... @goodmanonfox: Source told FOXSports.com that Marquette transfer Jeronne Maymon is expected to arrive today and pay his own way at Tennessee this semester.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »
A useless poll that pretty much only reflects negatively...

How is wishing someone luck a negative?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »
Goodman just tweeted.... @goodmanonfox: Source told FOXSports.com that Marquette transfer Jeronne Maymon is expected to arrive today and pay his own way at Tennessee this semester.

Aye, Aye, Aye...The further this goes along, the more I fear this kid's idiot father may have permanently screwed up his life. In other words, he had no offers, and Bruce gave him the opportunity to come in and earn one. I pray he has learned a lesson...keep the old man as far away from Knoxville as possible. There aren't going to be any more chances.

LON

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
How is wishing someone luck a negative?

Unless the response is overwhelmingly "good luck" than I don't think there is one positive that could come out of it.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »
Wow.  Can you imagine your son getting a scholarship to Marquette, enrolling in it, and then pulling him out only to pay for him to go to Tennessee?  I can't.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
He's going to be a walk-on with a chance to earn a scholarship.

Wow. Guess that phone wasn't ringing off the hook after all.

Moe

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
More likely they used up all their scholarships this year so he can't get one for spring semester???  He will get one in the fall when they have a free one open up.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »

Kinda sad 'Scoopers.

I didn't vote because I was looking for a third option.  I wish him luck, but I do hope that someday he regrets his decision.  I want nothing but the best for the kid (and I really feel sorry for him), but I do hope that some day he realizes that he had a great opportunity to be at Marquette and missed out on it.  This is not the same as saying I want him to fail.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »
I didn't vote because I was looking for a third option.  I wish him luck, but I do hope that someday he regrets his decision.  I want nothing but the best for the kid (and I really feel sorry for him), but I do hope that some day he realizes that he had a great opportunity to be at Marquette and missed out on it.  This is not the same as saying I want him to fail.

See that's what I thought I voted for, but upon further review...that wasn't an option.  Moral of the story: read before clicking on stuff. 

"The More You Know"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

Kinda sad 'Scoopers.

+1   I voted Cura Personalis, but many didn't.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 04:09:55 PM »
I didn't vote because I was looking for a third option.  I wish him luck, but I do hope that someday he regrets his decision.  I want nothing but the best for the kid (and I really feel sorry for him), but I do hope that some day he realizes that he had a great opportunity to be at Marquette and missed out on it.  This is not the same as saying I want him to fail.

I believe that's the ODB option.  He certainly didn't fail at UNLV, but reportedly did later say that it was a mistake to leave Marquette.
http://www.nba.com/draft2005/profiles/OdarteyBlankson.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:41:39 PM by larrym »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
How much is out-of-state tuition for one semester in Knoxville?

I imagine Pearl will have a few duckets left over from his alimony payments so Jeronne will be fine but the curiosity is getting me.

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
I voted the ODB option and don't feel bad about it at all.  It's about loyalty, commitment, accountability, WARRIOR pride...any number of things that used to be important.  Throw in Timmay, the deception, the shouting orders to your coach and the school paying for your education and the choice is easy.

It's a whole lot less about wanting him to fail than understanding what you need to respect and appreciate in the first place before setting yourself up to fail.  It kinda reminds me of trying to make a point with your kids.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Schadenfreude is losing by 5 votes! 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »
I voted to wish him well because I blame this on his father, not on the kid.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »

They only had six scholarship players suited up for the KU game.

feedback