[Today at 10:48:22 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X-crement  (Read 16322 times)

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Re: X-crement
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
Heldt is not a Big East player. He should get minimal minutes going forward and only be used for foul trouble or to send a message if the starters aren't playing hard. I really hope he isn't starting next game as it's a waste of minutes at the 5.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »
My thoughts from last night:

1. A very, very entertaining game. Great crowd and exciting environment.
2. Xavier has a helluva of a team. They are going to be a tough out in March.
3. We needed to play flawless to win and even then it would be tough. Seemed like Xavier had ability to put it in overdrive whenever it looked like MU had chance to pull away.
4. Seldom bitch about refs, but MU was on short end of the calls last night. One of the poorer ref games I have seen in a long time.
5. Had a great time, but still think there is a lot of heavy lifting to do before we can compete the Xavier's on a nightly basis.

Good observations, and I agree with most.

I will pick a nit at #3. We didn't need to play "flawless" to win this basketball game. If the leading scorer in the Big East had even an OK game, we win.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
Good observations, and I agree with most.

I will pick a nit at #3. We didn't need to play "flawless" to win this basketball game. If the leading scorer in the Big East had even an OK game, we win.

Have to also credit the Xavier defense, which caused MH to force things and try to dominate possessions. Meanwhile, Sam, who was close a triple double, only had a usage rate of 12%. In all of MU's losses, Sam has been 20% or lower. With his efficiency, he needs to be in the mid 20s. Mack said post-game, they limited 2 of the Big 3 stars, so that was good enough.

End of the day, MU's Frosh kept the game close. X was giving them their looks and they took them.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2017, 05:46:35 PM »
Xavier really keyed on Sam.  Wouldn't help off of him at any cost.  Essentially the sole problem to Sam's game is that he struggles creating his own shot, and if our guards can't get him the ball, well...there ya go.

Not really, MU figured out that Cain was open in the corner.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
Which is a second reason I struggle seeing him in the NBA.   6'7 and can't create his own shot.   And doesn't shoot as well as Korver.
Sam is 6'8" and creates his own shot often.  Just not enough in this game.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
Have to also credit the Xavier defense, which caused MH to force things and try to dominate possessions. Meanwhile, Sam, who was close a triple double, only had a usage rate of 12%. In all of MU's losses, Sam has been 20% or lower. With his efficiency, he needs to be in the mid 20s. Mack said post-game, they limited 2 of the Big 3 stars, so that was good enough.

End of the day, MU's Frosh kept the game close. X was giving them their looks and they took them.
Exactly. There is a reason Markus and Sam played below their season average.........X.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2017, 09:07:11 PM »
Xavier knows how to close out an opponent and win. MU still learnin’. Betta question is how good is ASU four years inta der new coach, ai na?

Ouch!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »
I think most of you are missing the most important point here.

We hung with a Top Ten team for close to 40 minutes, leading a significant portion of the time, even though two of our three best players were having off games. And it wasn't because Xavier was playing poorly, either.

How many of you would have predicted this last September?  Unless you are going to argue that Xavier is completely overrated, that means our team is the real deal.

Amen Sister Chick.

I wished we had made a few corrections and won. But we lost by 4 to the sixth ranked team in the nation. I see a vastly improved team that, while we still have a way to go, we are closer to where we want to be. Period.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2017, 11:07:46 PM »
Exactly. There is a reason Markus and Sam played below their season average.........X.

There’s a real bad “must have been their X-factor” joke in there somewhere, but I’m not going to be the one to make that joke.

Because I hope I’m hoping it’s not actually a joke that their X-factor is X.  Because that would effectively put them on course to finish 18-1 (and a 2 seed) going forward.

So laugh it up.  Just get ready for G-Town.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback